ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Arsal385 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:09 pm

There you go Apex221 ... I sent babaji ki bhooti with my application ;-) hahahaha lets have a bet
@Maddysheffield, I m the prophet of the Group FieldDrive will be smiling wednesday morning, His application concurred on Saturday morning. Spactus yours is in the post start tracking royal mail from Midnight

The first September application will with us on Monday ! Decision will be approved on Saturday

@MaddySheffield yours will be with you on the 17th December. Xmas will be sweet for you :)

Anyone else wanting a word ? ;)[/quote]

@MaddySheffield, sorry but I have a feeling your outcome will be in early next year due to huge backlog of August and early September applications which are still outstanding.

JOHFR2014
Newly Registered

Post by JOHFR2014 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:58 pm

Good evening my able members, i need your urgent help, i came to UK on Jun 2005 on student visa then changed to PSW until JUN 2013 since then I have been on 3c and 3d and presently i need to go for JUDICIAL REVIEW based on FLR(FP) based on 7year rule/private life which was refused recently without right of appeal. We are planning to go for judicial review. We applied as a couple ,two of my children who were born abroad have lIved continuously in UK for more than 7 years as at the time the FLR(FP)application was submitted. MY WIFE HAS LIVED CONTINUOUSLY IN UK FOR 8 YEARS
My main query are:
1 CAN I INCLUDED THE PERIOD OF JUDICIAL REVIEW TO MY 10 YEAR LEGAL STAY IN UK?
2 DO I STILL HAVE RIGHT TO WORK DURING JUDICIAL REVIEW PROCESS?
3 IF THE ANSWER TO QUESTION 2 IS NO, CAN ANYTHING BE DONE TO MAKE IT YES,POSSIBLY THROUGH COURT RULING/DECISION
4 WHAT CAN BE DONE IN FUTURE WHILE JUDICIAL REVIEW PROCESS IS GOING ON TO POSSIBLY APPLY FOR ANOTHER VISA FOR 10 YEAR LONG RESIDENCE VISA?
5 WHAT CAN BE DONE DURING JUDICIAL REVIEW PROCESS TO POSSIBLY APPLY FOR ANOTHER VISA FOR MY DEPENDANTS?

many thanks,your urgent reply will be highly appreciated

CHUDHARY

Post by CHUDHARY » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:21 am

Heads up guys if you are applying after 1/12/2014, please use the new version of SET(LR). Good luck. link below
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _12-14.pdf

CHUDHARY

Post by CHUDHARY » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:26 am

Hi respectable members
could please anyone send me the cover letter for home office to hold my wife,s flr m application while mine set lr is under processing. planing to apply soon. thanks in advance
my email is

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:01 am

Guys I've been inspired by babaji, now starting to predict dates...lol (I have a vested interest since I applied on sept 15!)
No worries babaji, I'll work as your apprentice:)

I predict there will be an approval of September application by the end of this week...on a serious note congratulations to the August applicants who have already received their approvals...please do pray for the rest of us:)

educators

Post by educators » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:11 am

I really need help from you guys.

After getting ilr on 10 years basis I have question regarding financial requirement section of FLR(M) application form for my wife(within Uk).

I am a Director (employee) and shareholder in my Ltd company, so I am not self-employed in the view of HMRC. The company is the trading entity and I simply draw a salary and profit share by way of dividend.

From Annex_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement document I can see I am falling under category F (but not self-employed since I am employed by my company). I can only use category F to show £18600 for last full financial year as with other categories my salary will not meet the requirement.

Now while filling form I am confused which section I need to fill ? Section 7.3 B say that you can write information about Category F but all questions are asked about self-employment.

Any suggestions on this?

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:25 am

baba JJ wrote:@Maddysheffield, I m the prophet of the Group FieldDrive will be smiling wednesday morning, His application concurred on Saturday morning. Spactus yours is in the post start tracking royal mail from Midnight

The first September application will with us on Monday ! Decision will be approved on Saturday

@MaddySheffield yours will be with you on the 17th December. Xmas will be sweet for you :)

Anyone else wanting a word ? ;)
I will be more than smiling @baba JJ if I get mine tomorrow morning :lol: but i like your predictions!

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:14 am

Morning everyone,

Seems everyone is becoming Babaji ;-) to get babaji ki booti ....Guys sorry to disappoint you .. I was talking about Hindi Language booti not English one ..hahahhahahha anyways sad that no approval's yesterday but always a hope it will turn out better today ;-)

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:56 am

maddysheffield wrote:Morning everyone,

Seems everyone is becoming Babaji ;-) to get babaji ki booti ....Guys sorry to disappoint you .. I was talking about Hindi Language booti not English one ..hahahhahahha anyways sad that no approval's yesterday but always a hope it will turn out better today ;-)
HO is being sluggish in approving applications and off course xmas holidays are imminent so we shouldn't be that optimistic. My application date is 10th of Sept but now I am thinking to stay away from the tracker for a week at least.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:11 pm

Arsal385 chill mate ;-) you can't resist checking atleast once in a day anyways ... But if you want to you can try not checking for a week good luck .... I tried its an addiction mate ;-)

Anyways as I said before things will fall in to place when they are supposed to ....Too much info available is also an issue otherwise you would wait for 6 months ;-) now that we know some got decisions in 13 weeks they tend to raise our expectations ;-) sad but true its 6 months customer charter expect the decision in 6 months and not 13-14 weeks its 26 weeks ;-)

Everyone accept this its 26 weeks and not 13-14 weeks ........it will be easy to wait ....

All the best guys ;-)

flyingmoon
Newly Registered

Post by flyingmoon » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:53 pm

Thanks fo sharing and adding me to the spreadsheet!

Question: I done my biometrics at a post office but received no confirmation letter whether they received it or not. I am paranoid the IT system has behaved funnily or something, how can I check whether the home office actually received the biometrics? Thanks

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:11 pm

flyingmoon wrote:Thanks fo sharing and adding me to the spreadsheet!

Question: I done my biometrics at a post office but received no confirmation letter whether they received it or not. I am paranoid the IT system has behaved funnily or something, how can I check whether the home office actually received the biometrics? Thanks

@Flying moon . Home office will not send any confirmation ( The post office would give you a receipt and thats all ... The Biometric system is direct connection so as soon as you do your Bio they are recorded by Home office database .

If you are thinking Post office send's info by clicking send ;-) no they wont you gave the finger prints directly to HO .

You can very well check calling Home office if you want to no issues make sure tell them that when you were at PO their systems were down and hence you wanted to confirm or somethin like that because not many people call asking if HO received Biometric ...I hope you get it ;-)

Don't worry everything will go well and happy waiting ;-)

tanzeela

Post by tanzeela » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:18 pm

Salam
AL HUM DU LILLAH,I have received my passport with ILR aproval LETTER and biometric in 7 days IN SHA ALLAH. THANKS

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:28 pm

congrats Tanzeela .........You made Forums day with the first approval for this month coool ...

12years

Post by 12years » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:33 pm

tanzeela wrote:Salam
AL HUM DU LILLAH,I have received my passport with ILR aproval LETTER and biometric in 7 days IN SHA ALLAH. THANKS
Congratulation :D

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:26 pm

tanzeela wrote:Salam

Congratulations brother. :D
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:29 pm

maddysheffield wrote:
flyingmoon wrote:Thanks fo sharing and adding me to the spreadsheet!

@Flying moon . Home office will not send any confirmation ( The post office would give you a receipt and thats all ... The Biometric system is direct connection so as soon as you do your Bio they are recorded by Home office database .

If you are thinking Post office send's info by clicking send ;-) no they wont you gave the finger prints directly to HO .

You can very well check calling Home office if you want to no issues make sure tell them that when you were at PO their systems were down and hence you wanted to confirm or somethin like that because not many people call asking if HO received Biometric ...I hope you get it ;-)

Don't worry everything will go well and happy waiting ;-)
maddyseffield is 100% right. There is no way Post Office will give you confirmation if your biometric registration is gone through or not, however as advised you might want to call HO and check this if you very concerned.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:31 pm

maddysheffield wrote:Arsal385 chill mate ;-) you can't resist checking atleast once in a day anyways ... But if you want to you can try not checking for a week good luck .... I tried its an addiction mate ;-)

Anyways as I said before things will fall in to place when they are supposed to ....Too much info available is also an issue otherwise you would wait for 6 months ;-) now that we know some got decisions in 13 weeks they tend to raise our expectations ;-) sad but true its 6 months customer charter expect the decision in 6 months and not 13-14 weeks its 26 weeks ;-)

Everyone accept this its 26 weeks and not 13-14 weeks ........it will be easy to wait ....

All the best guys ;-)
@maddysheffield easier said than done. hahahaha

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:45 pm

JOHFR2014 wrote:Good evening my able members, i need your urgent help, i came to UK on Jun 2005 on student visa then changed to PSW until JUN 2013 since then I have been on 3c and 3d and presently i need to go for JUDICIAL REVIEW based on FLR(FP) based on 7year rule/private life which was refused recently without right of appeal. We are planning to go for judicial review. We applied as a couple ,two of my children who were born abroad have lIved continuously in UK for more than 7 years as at the time the FLR(FP)application was submitted. MY WIFE HAS LIVED CONTINUOUSLY IN UK FOR 8 YEARS
My main query are:
1 CAN I INCLUDED THE PERIOD OF JUDICIAL REVIEW TO MY 10 YEAR LEGAL STAY IN UK?
2 DO I STILL HAVE RIGHT TO WORK DURING JUDICIAL REVIEW PROCESS?
3 IF THE ANSWER TO QUESTION 2 IS NO, CAN ANYTHING BE DONE TO MAKE IT YES,POSSIBLY THROUGH COURT RULING/DECISION
4 WHAT CAN BE DONE IN FUTURE WHILE JUDICIAL REVIEW PROCESS IS GOING ON TO POSSIBLY APPLY FOR ANOTHER VISA FOR 10 YEAR LONG RESIDENCE VISA?
5 WHAT CAN BE DONE DURING JUDICIAL REVIEW PROCESS TO POSSIBLY APPLY FOR ANOTHER VISA FOR MY DEPENDANTS?

many thanks,your urgent reply will be highly appreciated
Hello JOHFR2014,
to answer your questions;
1) yes you can include the period of JR to your 10 years legal stay in the UK, this is covered by 3c ....if you have been given right of appeal
2) i don't think you still have right to work in the UK since you have not been given right of appeal, according to your statement above.
3) yes this can be done through court decision.
4) you can apply SET(LR) since you have completed your 10 years stay, though this is tricky because if you have not been given right of appeal then you are not covered by 3c. however it all depends on prayers and the caseworker dealing with your SET(LR)
5) all your dependants visa is based on the main applicants application results, so i highly recommend option 4 of my answer above.

Any forum member who have/had similar issue should comment on this. This is just my own opinion i am not a legal adviser or a solicitor.You might also want to seek advice from an experienced solicitor.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:10 pm

educators wrote:I really need help from you guys.

After getting ilr on 10 years basis I have question regarding financial requirement section of FLR(M) application form for my wife(within Uk).

I am a Director (employee) and shareholder in my Ltd company, so I am not self-employed in the view of HMRC. The company is the trading entity and I simply draw a salary and profit share by way of dividend.

From Annex_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement document I can see I am falling under category F (but not self-employed since I am employed by my company). I can only use category F to show £18600 for last full financial year as with other categories my salary will not meet the requirement.

Now while filling form I am confused which section I need to fill ? Section 7.3 B say that you can write information about Category F but all questions are asked about self-employment.

Any suggestions on this?
Hi educators,
i have read through the form and i can see how confusing it is as per the appropriate option to chose from. However i will advise you to is that if you draw salary from your own company it means you are an employee of your company in other words, you are salary earner from your own company. So you are classed as an employee. so you will need to show how much you have earned from your own company by wage slips and personal account where this salary has been paid.
Secondly, if you are still taking dividends from your companys profit as a shareholder, then you need to proof this to HO by submitting your companys HMRC documents and evidence from The Companies House that you are shareholder in your own company.
If i were you i will just use my payslips from your own company and your own personal bank statement to proof £18,600 for your wife's earnings to avoid complication and to avoid stress. or better still if your wife is working you might as well combine both of your income to make up for the £18,600.
Bear in mind if you decide to use DIVIDENDS from your company you might want to use an accountant to do all the paper work for you before you submit your wife's FLR(M) application form.

Other members of forum your views and opinion are very highly welcome. This is my own view and advise. Hope it helps. :wink:

shaaz87
Newly Registered

Post by shaaz87 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:41 pm

Hello,

Please help by posting a reply on the below.

I am on spouse visa at the moment, my visa is valid till 23 August 2015 and my 10 year period completes on 26 August 2015.

I am 3 days short to complete 10 year long residence period, should i apply for long residence or apply for an spouse visa extension.

Thank you

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:50 pm

shaaz87 wrote:Hello,

I am on spouse visa at the moment, my visa is valid till 23 August 2015 and my 10 year period completes on 26 August 2015.

I am 3 days short to complete 10 year long residence period, should i apply for long residence or apply for an spouse visa extension.

Thank you
Hello shaaz87, welcome to the forum,
30th of July 2015 is when you are eligible to apply for your 10 years long residency application as you are covered by 28 days rule before your 10th year in the UK. So you are ok. Do not be worried over your visa expiring on the 23rd of August 2015 :roll:
Last edited by Spatacus on Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:54 pm

shaaz87 wrote:Hello,

Thank you
Hi shaz ..you can apply within 28 days of 10 years completion date .. that is you will be eligible to apply 10 year long stay visa say after 31st of July 2015 you are eligible from than so chill pill don't wate money on extension chill

shaaz87
Newly Registered

Post by shaaz87 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:58 pm

Thank you for replying promptly. i do respect what you have said but one of the solicitor said 28 days is only applicable for application if you ave visa that covers the 10 year period and he said i am 3 days short.

shaaz87
Newly Registered

Post by shaaz87 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:58 pm

Thank you for replying promptly. i do respect what you have said but one of the solicitor said 28 days is only applicable for application if you ave visa that covers the 10 year period and he said i am 3 days short.