ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application lost - NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anush23

Application lost - NCS

Post by anush23 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi,

I posted my naturalisation application. It was through NCS and I was given a special delivery tracking number. However the application has not been delivered next stay and the tracking site says to call their customer service.

When I spoke, they confirmed that documents were received by royal mail the same day that I submitted to NCS but after that it just says London delivery office on their system. It had completed form with all docs and also the original LIUK test.

Can someone tell me what are the options ?

Also since in few days, i.e. 8th Dec I was out of country - if they indeed manage to track after few days and if the home office receives it after 8th, they will reject as I dont qualify. How do I get around this now as I posted a much earlier to avoid this and is clearly royal mail fault.

Please help.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Re: Application lost - NCS

Post by akhurshid » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:28 pm

Common issue with tracking system. Give it few days before panicking.

anush23

Post by anush23 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:31 pm

I would have but

- their customer service confirmed that the package has not been delivered
- its the same status for over 24 hr

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:04 pm

anush23 wrote:I would have but

- their customer service confirmed that the package has not been delivered
- its the same status for over 24 hr
my application took 3 days to update on their system and when it did, it was delivered on time.
Customer service is using the same system aren't they? Give it few days.

anush23

Post by anush23 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:26 pm

I could have if I had the luxury...dont mind waiting. But as mentioned a few days of delay will mean I wont qualify.

Customer service have a different system as they could see that it is in London depot, online all I could see it is received but not delivered and to contact customer service - same since a day.

anush23

Post by anush23 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:00 pm

Hi,

Can I withdraw all the money in my bank account so that home office is not able to process...better way than having it being rejected if they receive it late ?

Double V

Post by Double V » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:19 pm

Hi

I am working night shifts at Royal Mail and to tell you truth, it is manic in there. Its peak season because of all extra Christmas load. (parcels, gifts, not to forget all Black Friday online shopping coming trough, crazy Amazon).
We sort and process million items in a night. Sometime the scanning guns are not charged, or different guns are used on different postcodes.
Or the Christmas Casual staff are clueless what to do, so they leave Tracking, Special Delivery, Signed For in one corner until somebody will see.
And over 300 staff working in just one shift, and they have 3. So imagine what its like in there.
Not all staff think on the same line, specially the temporary bank/or casuals.

Anyway, this is the scene at Gatwick Mail Centre, but i am pretty sure its all around the UK.

Don't worry give it some time. It will show up.

Customer Service department doesn't work with Operations, as Customer Service is probably based up North/Glasgow.
So it's easier for them to say its lost to take it off their shoulders. And it seem easier for them.

Crazy.
But yeah.

Don't worry.
Give few days as mentioned by others.

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:11 pm

I'm just going to mention this but I don't know if anyone has successfully done it. If you look through the legal guidance, you'll find a section that states that citizenship applications can be very time dependant and therefore, if necessary, they can accept an application via fax or email as long as they eventually receive the original. The receiving date is then the date of the fax/email instead. The trick would be trying to convince someone at the call centre to give you a number/email address to send your application to.

See here, section 6.4.5:
Applicants may use photocopies of our forms on which to make their
application. We do not, however, accept copies of completed forms as
the declaration, at least, must be in the original. Applications made by
fax or e-mail should not be encouraged but (since the date of an
application is sometimes critical) may be accepted provided that the
original application form or letter is subsequently received. NB. In
order to satisfy the requirement for applications to be accompanied by
the appropriate fee, applicants who wish to make their applications by
fax or e-mail on or after 21 May 2007 must provide their credit/debit
card details.