ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Spatacus » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:12 pm

shaaz87 wrote:Thank you for replying promptly. i do respect what you have said but one of the solicitor said 28 days is only applicable for application if you ave visa that covers the 10 year period and he said i am 3 days short.
Hello shaaz87,
we are only here to advise you appropriately and according to our own experience. I understand that you consulted solicitor but i can assure you that 28 days rule applies to you unless of course you have plenty money to waste on just 3days short then you can ignore our advice and go for further extension. There is no need for further extension as far as our experience in this forum is concerned. :roll:
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

shaaz87
Newly Registered

Post by shaaz87 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:15 pm

thank you :D :D

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:18 pm

shaaz87 wrote:thank you :D :D

you are welcome :D :D

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:21 pm

counting by the date of application,,,is now 3 months and 4 days....still waiting! Tracked royal mail today but nothingyyyyyyy :roll:

iHope

Post by iHope » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:22 pm

shaaz87 wrote:Thank you for replying promptly. i do respect what you have said but one of the solicitor said 28 days is only applicable for application if you ave visa that covers the 10 year period and he said i am 3 days short.
If you are in doubt, you should study rules yourself. There are case study examples as well.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:31 pm

tanzeela wrote:Salam
AL HUM DU LILLAH,I have received my passport with ILR aproval LETTER and biometric in 7 days IN SHA ALLAH. THANKS
congrats! :D

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:33 pm

Spatacus wrote:counting by the date of application,,,is now 3 months and 4 days....still waiting! Tracked royal mail today but nothingyyyyyyy :roll:
3 months 11 days mate and still nothing.... same here Royal Mail says Come Back Later.. thanks :roll:

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:36 pm

shaaz87 wrote:Hello,

Please help by posting a reply on the below.

I am on spouse visa at the moment, my visa is valid till 23 August 2015 and my 10 year period completes on 26 August 2015.

I am 3 days short to complete 10 year long residence period, should i apply for long residence or apply for an spouse visa extension.

Thank you
In my 'opinion' you should be able to apply on or after 29th July 2015. As long as you have not overstayed, had valid leave to enter/remain on point of departure & arrival in the UK, you will almost certainly be fine.

Also, there are members who have applied up to 59 days in advance and still had approval although you should not take that as a general rule of thumb but 28 days is a very safe bet i reckon..

JOHFR2014
Newly Registered

Post by JOHFR2014 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:17 pm

JOHFR2014 wrote:
Good evening my able members, i need your urgent help, i came to UK on Jun 2005 on student visa then changed to PSW until JUN 2013 since then I have been on 3c and 3d and presently i need to go for JUDICIAL REVIEW based on FLR(FP) based on 7year rule/private life which was refused recently without right of appeal. We are planning to go for judicial review. We applied as a couple ,two of my children who were born abroad have lIved continuously in UK for more than 7 years as at the time the FLR(FP)application was submitted. MY WIFE HAS LIVED CONTINUOUSLY IN UK FOR 8 YEARS
My main query are:
1 CAN I INCLUDED THE PERIOD OF JUDICIAL REVIEW TO MY 10 YEAR LEGAL STAY IN UK?
2 DO I STILL HAVE RIGHT TO WORK DURING JUDICIAL REVIEW PROCESS?
3 IF THE ANSWER TO QUESTION 2 IS NO, CAN ANYTHING BE DONE TO MAKE IT YES,POSSIBLY THROUGH COURT RULING/DECISION
4 WHAT CAN BE DONE IN FUTURE WHILE JUDICIAL REVIEW PROCESS IS GOING ON TO POSSIBLY APPLY FOR ANOTHER VISA FOR 10 YEAR LONG RESIDENCE VISA?
5 WHAT CAN BE DONE DURING JUDICIAL REVIEW PROCESS TO POSSIBLY APPLY FOR ANOTHER VISA FOR MY DEPENDANTS?

many thanks,your urgent reply will be highly appreciated

Hello JOHFR2014,
to answer your questions;
1) yes you can include the period of JR to your 10 years legal stay in the UK, this is covered by 3c ....if you have been given right of appeal
2) i don't think you still have right to work in the UK since you have not been given right of appeal, according to your statement above.
3) yes this can be done through court decision.
4) you can apply SET(LR) since you have completed your 10 years stay, though this is tricky because if you have not been given right of appeal then you are not covered by 3c. however it all depends on prayers and the caseworker dealing with your SET(LR)
5) all your dependants visa is based on the main applicants application results, so i highly recommend option 4 of my answer above.

Any forum member who have/had similar issue should comment on this. This is just my own opinion i am not a legal adviser or a solicitor.You might also want to seek advice from an experienced solicitor.

Thank you very much Spatacus for your prompt advice, I still have 7 months left to clock 10years in UK. I will really appreciate it if more able members like Spatacus can advise me more on my immigration problem because i had spent a lot on solicitors.I will like one of the moderators of the forum possibly AMBER and other able members like Shahjee to advise me more and any experienced members that has got through judicial review process before they applied for thier 10 years residence visa either with dependants or not.
Many thanks , YOUR URGENT REPLY WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:51 pm

Thank you very much Spatacus for your prompt advice, I still have 7 months left to clock 10years in UK. I will really appreciate it if more able members like Spatacus can advise me more on my immigration problem because i had spent a lot on solicitors.I will like one of the moderators of the forum possibly AMBER and other able members like Shahjee to advise me more and any experienced members that has got through judicial review process before they applied for thier 10 years residence visa either with dependants or not.
JOHFR2014 wrote:JOHFR2014 wrote:
Good evening my able members, i need your urgent help, i came to UK on Jun 2005 on student visa then changed to PSW until JUN 2013 since then I have been on 3c and 3d and presently i need to go for JUDICIAL REVIEW based on FLR(FP) based on 7year rule/private life which was refused recently without right of appeal. We are planning to go for judicial review. We applied as a couple ,two of my children who were born abroad have lIved continuously in UK for more than 7 years as at the time the FLR(FP)application was submitted. MY WIFE HAS LIVED CONTINUOUSLY IN UK FOR 8 YEARS
My main query are:
1 CAN I INCLUDED THE PERIOD OF JUDICIAL REVIEW TO MY 10 YEAR LEGAL STAY IN UK?
2 DO I STILL HAVE RIGHT TO WORK DURING JUDICIAL REVIEW PROCESS?
3 IF THE ANSWER TO QUESTION 2 IS NO, CAN ANYTHING BE DONE TO MAKE IT YES,POSSIBLY THROUGH COURT RULING/DECISION
4 WHAT CAN BE DONE IN FUTURE WHILE JUDICIAL REVIEW PROCESS IS GOING ON TO POSSIBLY APPLY FOR ANOTHER VISA FOR 10 YEAR LONG RESIDENCE VISA?
5 WHAT CAN BE DONE DURING JUDICIAL REVIEW PROCESS TO POSSIBLY APPLY FOR ANOTHER VISA FOR MY DEPENDANTS?

many thanks,your urgent reply will be highly appreciated

Hello JOHFR2014,
to answer your questions;
1) yes you can include the period of JR to your 10 years legal stay in the UK, this is covered by 3c ....if you have been given right of appeal
2) i don't think you still have right to work in the UK since you have not been given right of appeal, according to your statement above.
3) yes this can be done through court decision.
4) you can apply SET(LR) since you have completed your 10 years stay, though this is tricky because if you have not been given right of appeal then you are not covered by 3c. however it all depends on prayers and the caseworker dealing with your SET(LR)
5) all your dependants visa is based on the main applicants application results, so i highly recommend option 4 of my answer above.

Any forum member who have/had similar issue should comment on this. This is just my own opinion i am not a legal adviser or a solicitor.You might also want to seek advice from an experienced solicitor.

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:09 am

Hi Guys,

ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO APPLIED IN AUGUST.

Can we please share the date of confirmation email received. I personally think HO is not considering the date when you submitted the application. Please keep in mind,they started new procedure of sending confirmation emails to applicants in August and most importantly they sent Biometric letters after the email.
For example. My biometric letter took one month to arrive but as soon i received email and case ID next day i received my biometric letter. Same happened with "Timmoo".
I can understand no one would like to share his case ID but at least we can share the date we received the emails.

I received my email on 11 Sep and Biometric letter on 13 Sep

Thanks
Last edited by zzzindagi on Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZR

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:20 am

hello guys,

with the blessing of the Almighty and with the sincere advises of the forum members just to let you know that my ilr has been approved and will shortly receive my brp.This was a nice dream i saw last night after long time.

regards

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:48 am

shahfurqan wrote:hello guys,

with the blessing of the Almighty and with the sincere advises of the forum members just to let you know that my ilr has been approved and will shortly receive my brp.This was a nice dream i saw last night after long time.

regards
Hello shahfurqan,
Congratulations to you. Well worth it. :D could you please share your timeline with us?

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:29 am

Spatacus wrote:

regards
Hello shahfurqan,
Congratulations to you. Well worth it. :D could you please share your timeline with us?
Between 1am to 4am. :)
ZR

ac2107

Post by ac2107 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:16 am

zzzindagi wrote:Hi Guys,

Can we please share the date of confirmation email received. I personally think HO is not considering the date when you submitted the application. Please keep in mind,they started new procedure of sending confirmation emails to applicants in August and most importantly they sent Biometric letters after the email.
For example. My biometric letter took one month to arrive but as soon i received email and case ID next day i received my biometric letter. Same happened with "Timmoo".
I can understand no one would like to share his case ID but at least we can share the date we received the emails.

Thanks

I received my e-mail confirmation on 15 September, and two days later I got the biometric letter.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:17 am

zzzindagi wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks

email on 18th / biometric on 25th :(

apex221

Post by apex221 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:19 am

Hi guys!

Have so many received approval today? or someone has messed up the tracker again?

Let us know please!

Thanks.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:22 am

regards
wish you all the best with your dream as i have seen plenty of similar dreams already... 8)

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:34 am

apex221 wrote:Hi guys!

Have so many received approval today? or someone has messed up the tracker again?

Let us know please!

Thanks.
fixed

apex221

Post by apex221 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:39 am

Congratulations Planet229!
Wish you all the best :D

apex221

Post by apex221 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:43 am

fielddrive wrote:
apex221 wrote:Hi guys!

Let us know please!

Thanks.
fixed
Thank you fielddrive!
It is the only time someone messed the drive and how I wish it was true :)

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:45 am

@ All members ;-) .......Please stop messing with the spread sheet you guys are making it worse for people waiting and check the chart day by day to see whats happening ...... and when someone sees so many approvals it increases their expectations ....

Someone messes it up we just go sharfugan ;-) who got confirmation congrats to him ;-)

@Apex221 5 or more decisions today .... on a funny note Baba JJ you need to take some babaji ki booti from me and sleep so you can predict better hahahhahahahahahah

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:47 am

who is Planet 229 ;-) is he the same sharfugan? then its 2 for the day ..... wow keep coming and hit my mark of 5 or more today ;-)

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:51 am

@shahfurqan is he not on the tracker ??????????????? OMG he is on tracker as post date 29/09/2014 applicant ;-) is that really true :?:

apex221

Post by apex221 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:53 am

maddysheffield wrote:
@Apex221 5 or more decisions today .... on a funny note Baba JJ you need to take some babaji ki booti from me and sleep so you can predict better hahahhahahahahahah
Prediction me?!? Oh no I leave that entirely to Babajj and you :lol: