ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 2 summary dismissal urgent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sk8rprick
Newly Registered

tier 2 summary dismissal urgent

Post by sk8rprick » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:32 pm

Hi
I have been dismissed for gross misconduct. It was a summary dismissal. Can someone please awnser the following questions

Will I get 60 days curtailment to look for other opportunities?

How will my future tier 2 and ilr applications be affected by dismissal for gross misconduct?

Will the home office warn any future employers from employing me?

The reason for dismissal was falsification of timesheets, a mistake I deeply regret making.

Please help me out as I am stressed beyond belief.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: tier 2 summary dismissal urgent

Post by physicskate » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:36 pm

sk8rprick wrote:Hi
I have been dismissed for gross misconduct. It was a summary dismissal. Can someone please awnser the following questions

Will I get 60 days curtailment to look for other opportunities?

How will my future tier 2 and ilr applications be affected by dismissal for gross misconduct?

Will the home office warn any future employers from employing me?

The reason for dismissal was falsification of timesheets, a mistake I deeply regret making.

Please help me out as I am stressed beyond belief.
This is irrelevant to the home office. Your visa will be curtailed. I would think this would affect future job applications and your reference more than future visa applications.

sk8rprick
Newly Registered

Post by sk8rprick » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:59 pm

Many thanks physicskate. Will the HO inform future employers about the reasons for the termination of my job? I intend to leave the past behind me and not bring it up with future employers unless specifically asked about. I am not sure how I will manage that but thats what I intend to do.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:41 pm

sk8rprick wrote:Many thanks physicskate. Will the HO inform future employers about the reasons for the termination of my job? I intend to leave the past behind me and not bring it up with future employers unless specifically asked about. I am not sure how I will manage that but thats what I intend to do.

The HO won't even know! However, your reference will probably mention it...

I know I would mention something like that in a reference for a former colleague/ employee!!!

sk8rprick
Newly Registered

Post by sk8rprick » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:03 am

Thanks Physicskate. The HO would probably find out through the notes my previous employer puts on the sponsorship management system. I am concerned what effect the wording which may include 'gross misconduct' would have. My particular concern is around the good character requirement.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:58 am

The HO will not reveal the reasons for your termination even if they are disclosed by your employer. Neither will it feature in the good conduct and character assessment if / when you get to apply for ILR.
Your curtailment letter will not turn up for many weeks and when it does you will have 60 days more to sort out employment.
Your employer will simply refuse to give you a reference as the legal position in giving bad references is difficult.
Any future employer will deduce there was a problem from the fact you do not have a reference and your previous employer refuses to answer a request for such.

What industry are you in?

sk8rprick
Newly Registered

Post by sk8rprick » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:22 pm

Many thanks frontier mole. I am an engineer in the construction industry.

So if I understood correctly, you feel this would not impact my ilr application?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:12 pm

It is just not going to feature. It is a civil matter not a criminal matter.
If I were you I would be more concerned about getting a new employer.