ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help! - EEA2 visa for parents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nachfee
United Kingdom

Urgent help! - EEA2 visa for parents

Post by nachfee » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

Before all I would like to thank everyone for your help and efforts.

I have research on here and other forums about my case but I haven't seen anything that can clarify my doubts.

We are going to apply for EEA2 visas for both of my parents.
They came to England on the 08/11 with a family visitors visa for 6 months validity for a course of 2 years

I bought their flight return tickets to come here under my name.

My parents were living in Venezuela and decided to come to the UK to live with us as both of my parents cannot find their medicines back home. The medicines were discontinued and for the past 11 months, we have been relying on sending medicines illegally to Venezuela as "books" and "movies" from Spain and Canada. I was lucky to know people that could help me with this I was also lucky that this were not thoroughly checked and face the possibility of confiscation.

Both of their doctors suggested to my parents to leave the country because my parents' life could be in jeopardy over the situation with their medicines. The medicines are produced abroad and are imported by one or two distributors who cannot imported any more due to the situation with the current government. There are lots of articles to prove this. The doctors also made letters addressed to the UKBA about the situation in Venezuela (with the medicines) and how important it was to move abroad.

It is illegal to send money from abroad to Venezuela, there isn't any Western Union either. So it would have been impossible to send money to my parents to prove dependency from Venezuela - also able to be proved by documentation and articles.

I have opened a bank account for them here and registered them under my address and I plan to send money to their account here to prove dependency.

I am really scared they are going to be sent back as my parents will find it very difficult to live there under the current medication circumstances. My dad is also half blind from a brain tumour he suffered (hence why he takes so many medicines for) and my mother suffers from myasthenia gravis which is a condition that affects muscles. She also has osteoporosis - had a bad fall and had to go under surgery as one of her vertebrae broke. Therefore, she needs some care.

I would like to know how likely it is to be accepted our application? and what kind of documents we should attach to the application to prove dependency? I wouldn't want for them to go back and to rely on clandestine postage of medicines plus putting at risk those people I ask this favour from.

On a side note:
I would also like to apply for my EEA4 PR as I already have more than 5 years here - actually my EEA2 visa is expired. If this is going to affect my parents application I would prefer to wait but I have a doubt and would like to check the possibility if we can apply for their EEA2 and my EEA4 at the same time? As many of the documents will be the same for both applications?

I would be very grateful if anyone had any suggestions or experience on a similar situation?

Countless of thanks in advance. Really looking forward to your reply.

Kindest Regards

Obie
Ireland

Re: Urgent help! - EEA2 visa for parents

Post by Obie » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:27 pm

Your parents will have extreme difficulty qualifying in the absence of dependency.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

nachfee
United Kingdom

Post by nachfee » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:30 pm

Yes, I understand this.

But as I stated before, they came here to the UK because ti was impossible to send money and the only way they can be dependant of me is if they come here and live with us.

Greatly appreciated if someone with somewhat same experience could tell me what they went through.

many thanks

nachfee
United Kingdom

Post by nachfee » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:20 pm

anyone?

It would be greatly appreciated

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:28 pm

Presumably they had as part of the 2 year visitor visa to prove they are economically independant and have strong ties to their home country. That would be used against any claim they have now that they are dependant.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

nachfee
United Kingdom

Post by nachfee » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:26 pm

Thanks for your answer

My dad doesn't have a job any more and on top of that, the medicines are not found anywhere and I have to rely on sending medicines by post masked as books, which is illegal and very unreliable.
What do you mean by strong ties? All my family is abroad. They are the only ones there. My sisters, one is here in England and the other one in Portugal.

So basically, anyone from Venezuela would not be able to apply because they cannot prove dependency?

Is there anything that can be done around the medicines? If my parents go back, they will probably die because there is no medicines there.
Many thanks

nachfee
United Kingdom

Post by nachfee » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:48 pm

Hello Everyone!

It would be great if someone could help me :)

Many thanks!

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:10 am

If your parents circumstances have changed they can apply for EEA2 as long as you can prove dependency. Issuance or rejection of residence permit depends upon caseworker who consider your case. Every case has individual merits and de-merits.

I applied for my parents EEA2 whilst they were here on Tourist visa which was only issued for 6 months but I did my homework and applied with all the dependacy proof I could collate, also note that I did not send any money back home to prove initial dependancy, my parents dependacy were solely proven in the UK. I'll be honest; your parents circumstances seems to be more complicated/dependacy proven than mine parents. It's going to be difficult but if it's all geniune than you shouldn't worry.

So in a nutshell it can be done even if the dependancy is within UK.

Thanks
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar