ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raja935
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by raja935 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:27 pm

akhurshid wrote:5 year rule is for ILR not for citizenship. She can apply as soon you become British. 5 years otherwise.
Hi akhurshid, thanks. So can she apply at the same time with me? I read in the Citizenship application form that there is a question whether the applicant has lived in the U.K. for 5 years, so what do I write there?

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:09 pm

raja935 wrote:
akhurshid wrote:5 year rule is for ILR not for citizenship. She can apply as soon you become British. 5 years otherwise.
Hi akhurshid, thanks. So can she apply at the same time with me? I read in the Citizenship application form that there is a question whether the applicant has lived in the U.K. for 5 years, so what do I write there?
She can apply with you as long you mention it other info that she is apply as your spouse. Her application will not be decided with yours though as you'll need to send your passport or citizenship certificate once you become British.

I wouldn't recommend it though as if your application is refused for whatever reason, her's will be refused too. Best thing would be to apply for yours first and then apply for her citizenship once you become British.

jack.jack
Newly Registered

Post by jack.jack » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:40 pm

Hello everybody hope all is well :)

I am going to apply for my first passport after days, how long it usually takes to receive the passport?? 1 month? less?
and I have a question, when we receive the interview letter do we decide which date and time we can attend the interview? or they already schedule it?

itsarif

Post by itsarif » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:41 am

Hello,

Can anyone help me please,
Im going to apply for naturalization at the end of this month.
I passed the life in the uk test Aug2013 & applied for my ILR in August2013 & got it in December 2013.
Do I have to do English Test or this life in the uk result is enough?

Thanks,
Arif

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:14 am

When you receive the letter you will call and schedule an interview.
I am sometimes wrong.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:05 am

itsarif wrote:Hello,

I passed the life in the uk test Aug2013 & applied for my ILR in August2013 & got it in December 2013.

Thanks,
Arif

You need to meet KOL requirement as well as LIUK on it's own is not enough any more.

itsarif

Post by itsarif » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:12 am

Thank you

itsarif

Post by itsarif » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:45 am

akhurshid wrote:

Thanks,
Arif

You need to meet KOL requirement as well as LIUK on it's own is not enough any more.

Thanks.

What does it mean in AN form,

"I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013"

If you have a Uk masters degree, Do i still have to get UK NARIC confirmation or this degree is enough. Which option do i have to tick?

Thanks

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:57 am

itsarif wrote:
Thanks.

"I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013"

If you have a Uk masters degree, Do i still have to get UK NARIC confirmation or this degree is enough. Which option do i have to tick?

Thanks
1. If you have applied for ILR after 28th of Oct 2013 then you would have to prove new KoLL during ILR application.

2. You don't know naric certificate for UK degree

zabizabi

need your help in filling application

Post by zabizabi » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:08 am

My dear and Sweet Fellows,
How are you all, I am stuck in my application form. In form it says to mention name of ex-wife or partner. I was married in 2007 back home. In 2008 she came to Uk as my spouse. After one year we divorced through court(back home).She is not more here in uk and I remarried in 2010.Now I need your suggestion do I need to mention my ex-wife name in naturalisation application. I got my Ilr through long residency route. What documents I need to send with my application. I may use NCS service so what documents they need to check.
I WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR YOUR HELP.
Regards

sammy2014
Newly Registered

Post by sammy2014 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:30 am

zabizabi wrote:My dear and Sweet Fellows,
How are you all, I am stuck in my application form. In form it says to mention name of ex-wife or partner. I was married in 2007 back home. In 2008 she came to Uk as my spouse. After one year we divorced through court(back home).She is not more here in uk and I remarried in 2010.Now I need your suggestion do I need to mention my ex-wife name in naturalisation application. I got my Ilr through long residency route. What documents I need to send with my application. I may use NCS service so what documents they need to check.
I WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR YOUR HELP.
Regards
Have you provided your ex wives details in your ILR application? I put my exs details on my ilr application and provided the relevant doc.Thefore NCS did not want to see the divorce papers.

digitalrev

Post by digitalrev » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:51 pm

Hi Guys.
I received my ILR on 30 April 2014. based on 10 Year Long stay ( which includes student visa + tier 1 visa).
my question is when I will be able to apply for naturalisation?
I know the main criteria for naturlisation is I have to live in the United Kingdom for 12 months with ILR.
my question is like other UKBA applications, am I allowed to apply for naturalisation 28 days before maturity date.

thanks

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:51 am

You have to hold ILR for one year.
You can apply on 30 April 2015.
I am sometimes wrong.

digitalrev

Post by digitalrev » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:42 pm

Thank you milano.
I believe at the moment AN processing time is more than 3 months right?

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:08 pm

Most of the applicants get their approval within 3 months.
I am sometimes wrong.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:32 pm

Thanks,
Arif

unfortunately yes, you have to
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:38 pm

itsarif wrote:
akhurshid wrote:

Thanks,
Arif

Thanks.

Thanks
the application form is a bit funny this way, it does not give you an option for specifically a UK degree
but in practice UK degrees work and you do not need NARIC for them

so advice is,
if indeed you have applied for ILR after 28/10/2013 (with your UK masters as the case may be) then tick that box, "I have previously met requirements for naturalisation"

if you got your ILR earlier, tick the box that says you have a degree deedmed by naric to be equivalent, but obviously draw attention in your cover letter to the fact that it is a UK degree
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

itsarif

Post by itsarif » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:16 am

akhurshid wrote:
itsarif wrote:
Thanks.

Thanks
1. If you have applied for ILR after 28th of Oct 2013 then you would have to prove new KoLL during ILR application.

2. You don't know naric certificate for UK degree

Thank you

itsarif

Post by itsarif » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:29 am

Thanks[/quote]

the application form is a bit funny this way, it does not give you an option for specifically a UK degree
but in practice UK degrees work and you do not need NARIC for them

so advice is,
if indeed you have applied for ILR after 28/10/2013 (with your UK masters as the case may be) then tick that box, "I have previously met requirements for naturalisation"

if you got your ILR earlier, tick the box that says you have a degree deedmed by naric to be equivalent, but obviously draw attention in your cover letter to the fact that it is a UK degree[/quote]

Thank you.

I read the application form again and found that it has the option that "the qualification was taught or researched in the UK"

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Just read this news which might have caused the slow-down speed of decision in latter half of this year. :|

Hope it doesn't affect unnecessarily.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:08 pm

fwd079 wrote:Just read this news which might have caused the slow-down speed of decision in latter half of this year. :|

Hope it doesn't affect unnecessarily.
It doesn't explain why November applications already get their approval while April, May and June applications are still collecting dust.
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:17 pm

I'm not a great one asking questions (more famous for venting my anger), but does anyone know whether the UKBA actually check HMRC records? I started a new job on 1 May 2014 and applied for naturalisation on 16 June. As an EU citizen, I needed to prove that I have been exercising treaty rights, so I provided employers letters confirming employment with them. I also provided P60s and payslips up until April 2014. The employer I worked for from May 2014 onwards provided an employers letter confirming employment with them, but refused to provide payslips and I later found out that, although he paid me net of tax and NI, he never paid this over to HMRC and a subsequent phone call to HMRC then revealed that he had never registered me (or, in fact, any of the other employees) with the Revenue and has just been pocketing our tax and NI. I told HMRC that I work for this employer, so they should have something on their records, I'm just getting a bit concerned that the HO may make this a problem.

Any throughts? Needless to say that I have since left the employ of said employer (who, most ironically, was an accountant).
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein

selvaid
Newly Registered

Post by selvaid » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:04 pm

HELP
I wonder if someone can help me. I applied for naturalisation on June 20th 2014 as 3 year ruling and still awaiting for any response from UKBA. I contacted them several times over the phone, same reply "its in process". My 6 months coming to end in 3 days time. I dont know what is the next step i need to follow. Any help?

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:16 pm

Often contacting your MP helps.
I am sometimes wrong.

selvaid
Newly Registered

Post by selvaid » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Thanks Milan. I will do this after 3 days. Is there any template letter here which can be useful to me. When I email my MP, do I need tro cc UKBA.