ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PhD Student looking for infor. HSMP/UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

svkumar
Newly Registered

PhD Student looking for infor. HSMP/UK

Post by svkumar » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:34 pm

Hai everyone!
I am gald to know few informations about HSMP through workpermit.com. Presently, I am a PhD student (SCHENGEN VISA Holder/Indian/ Staying in France since 2002) at my final stages of completion (Expected Jul. 2005). I am under 28 yrs and looking for valuable comments about the possibility of HSMP settlement in UK. I also had few queries from potential employers insisting me that they consider me well on first instant If and if only I have a work permit. Kindly reply.
SVK

Boom05

Post by Boom05 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:54 pm

Yeah you are on the right track. Just search around for specifics, the info you require is already on the board :)
Its easy to follow the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone !

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:17 pm

svkumar,
I suggest you download the under 28 application form (the new one) and compare your current points against the minimum of 65. Once you get the PHd then you will inmediatelly receive more points, you get 5 just for beign under 28.
You need to apply once you fulfil the requirements, so you can't apply now expectig to have the Phd in a few months, start getting your paper togheter, and start translating the documents you have (diplomas, certificates, letters from employers) that would take a few weeks and will give you time to prepare. Read past postings about employment letters, you will learn how you should request the text from employers.....try to get some papers printed so you can claim achivements, beign a PHd student you can get reviews or articles in your home country....get a plan and it will work....
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:40 pm

For starters check the points calculator to see if you qualify. One such is available with workpermit.com itself.

http://www.workpermit.com/uk/hsmp_calculator.htm

svkumar
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by svkumar » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:58 am

Hi everyone,
Thanks alot for the reply messages.
I have few obstacles in applying for HSMP as I notice and I have few clarifications,
Am I eligible to gain points for Graduate Experience?
Bcos I have nearly 21 months experience where the gain points seek 2 years (short of 3 months).

Am I eligible to gain earning points?
During my tenure year(2001-2002), I have served in the Government R&D where the earnings are not much. I had only £2500 p.a. where as category D of HSMP requires minimum £5000 (Its credibly high for India).

Also, I have few Interviews on my research area to get work in late 2005 in UK. But they are preferring the candidates who have workpermits already. In this stage, I am abount to complete my Thesis only in July 2005. As the HSMP process takes nearly 6 months, I had a plan to apply in February/Mar and give them certified copy of PhD during the Process? Is it possible???

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:18 am

"Am I eligible to gain points for Graduate Experience?
Bcos I have nearly 21 months experience where the gain points seek 2 years (short of 3 months). "
=== Wait until you meet the requirement, don't asume that the application will take three months to be reviewed. Send a letter from your employer stating that you have the 24 months requiered, otherwise they will not give you the points.

"Am I eligible to gain earning points?
During my tenure year(2001-2002), I have served in the Government R&D where the earnings are not much. I had only £2500 p.a. where as category D of HSMP requires minimum £5000 (Its credibly high for India)."
== If you are below the minimim income level, no points are awarded, if the minimum bracket is £ 5,000 and you only have £ 4,500, no points awarded....

"Also, I have few Interviews on my research area to get work in late 2005 in UK. But they are preferring the candidates who have workpermits already. In this stage, I am abount to complete my Thesis only in July 2005. As the HSMP process takes nearly 6 months, I had a plan to apply in February/Mar and give them certified copy of PhD during the Process? Is it possible??? "
=== If you are asuming that you can send the application now and claim points for the Phd you haven't finished, then NO, you can not apply with future events or expectations, you need to fulfill the requirements at the moment you apply and you need to send proof of your claim, you can claim for the BSc and MSc you might already hold but not the others.

Check if you have the points for wife, under 28, experience, income, Msc and then decide, it might be better to wait a little until you get your PHd, allow for some points to be lost, don't apply with 65 sharp as any points lost would affect you...
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)