ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from TIER 4 Dependent to TIER 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Naveed Ali007
Newly Registered

Switching from TIER 4 Dependent to TIER 2

Post by Naveed Ali007 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

My wife is here from Dec 2013 on TIER 4 Dependent visa. Now she wants to switch on TIER 2. She has done MBA and MA degrees from Pakistan with IELTS 6.5 Bands overall.

Please help me out what does she require more in that case? Your help will be really appreciated.

Solicitors and Consultants are Most Welcome.

Many Thanks,

Naveed

vinny

Re: Switching from TIER 4 Dependent to TIER 2

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:07 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:27 am

The first thing your wife needs to do is to find a T2G sponsor who is prepared to offer her a NQF level 6 job with appropriate salary and then assign to her a restricted CoS which is likely to involve doing an RLMT.

Naveed Ali007
Newly Registered

Post by Naveed Ali007 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:55 pm

Thanks for your response, She already have got the offer from the company her job is NQF level 6 and they will do RLMT. But my main Question is. Does she require UK degree or not? and she can apply within the country? Thanks in Advance.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:28 am

She does not need to have a uk degree.
she can apply within uk and later, if u want, you can become her depndent within uk as well.
She however needs a restricted cos.

Naveed Ali007
Newly Registered

Post by Naveed Ali007 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:54 pm

Really Appreciate for your response, but I am confuse because some solicitors are saying that she need a UK degree? Could you please provide me any link or anything, where it mention then I will show to them. That would be really help. Many Thanks.

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:19 am

Hi there,

She definitely doesn't need a UK degree for a Tier 2 general eligibility.

However these solicitors/advisors you have may be confusing this with her need to show English language competency, which is easily demonstrated through a degree taught in the UK.
But as we said earlier, the degree doesn't need to be taught in the UK as long as it has been taught in English and you manage to show a NARIC certificate of a degree taught in English in Pakistan.