ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married to Argentine national

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jimbob6666
Newly Registered

Married to Argentine national

Post by jimbob6666 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:15 pm

Hello,
I am a UK citizen and will be marrying my Argentine girlfriend in Argentina later in 2015.

We want to settle in England. She is an English language teacher but would like to teach Spanish at some point in England either as a private tutor or in a school. I realise that may be difficult.
My question is simply, can we come to the UK as husband and wife and apply for a marriage visa when we are there?
We would like to get married in the UK as well but I'm totally confused about the financial requirements and indeed whether the latest COA ruling will go to the Supreme Court.

Thanks for any pointers.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Married to Argentine national

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:09 pm

jimbob6666 wrote:Hello,
I am a UK citizen and will be marrying my Argentine girlfriend in Argentina later in 2015.

We want to settle in England. She is an English language teacher but would like to teach Spanish at some point in England either as a private tutor or in a school. I realise that may be difficult.
My question is simply, can we come to the UK as husband and wife and apply for a marriage visa when we are there?
We would like to get married in the UK as well but I'm totally confused about the financial requirements and indeed whether the latest COA ruling will go to the Supreme Court.

Thanks for any pointers.
Have you searched the site? The answers are there honestly and I get bored of typing the same things!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Married to Argentine national

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:09 pm

No you can't apply for a spouse visa (which you call a marriage visa) from within the UK. As you obviously know from your mention of the Supreme Court, the minimum annual earnings of £18.600 are mandatory and any relaxing of this rule is in the dim and disant future, it at all.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.