ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

priscaltony

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by priscaltony » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:31 pm

It will actually depend on your case and how the judge view it. Do you have a solicitor or are you representing yourself?

It is really tough now for anyone to predict outcome of out of rules application.

I saw your other post on 10 years forum, so on this note, may I ask why you were not given a right of appeal?

="JOHFR2014"]Good afternoon, my friends and other board members, i will be grateful and glad if someone can help with my query,i am a silent member of this forum but i need urgent help concerning my FLR(FP) based on 7year rule/private life which was refused recently without right of appeal. We are planning to go for judicial review. We applied as a couple ,two of my children have leaved continously in UK for more than 7 years as at the time the application was submitted. Do we have a winning case if proceed on judicial review because it seems most people on these forum got their visa after going through judicial review?
many thanks,your urgent reply will highly be appreciated[/quote]

Ems1927

Post by Ems1927 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:31 pm

favour wrote:
Ems1927 wrote:Over three months since our appeal and still no decision! The wait is crazy. Has anyone waited this long for a decision before?

Hello Ems1927, I am surprised they are yet to respond, is it possible that you/solicitor give them a call?

@bsmith AMEN !!!
Hello

Yes we call everyday they just say the case is still with the judge never any other information.. Has anyone ever heard of anyone with a case decision taking so long?

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:51 pm

@kukuwife...congratulations are in order and all the best for the future. I had my hearing on the 7th of November, the judge allowed our appeal, we have waited for the prerequisite five days (now ten) and have heard nothing from home office in terms of appeal, so just waiting to see what they give us. I must say your experience @kukuwife and others ( Believe, Dapsonlee, Nilemarque, Hatchsead, Shondra sharma, Mrolaolu,rina, verbina,lily123, favour,winners, time503, and Godgives among others) was very helpful in preparing for the hearing. All the best to all and will update after we receive our papers. Merry xmas to all.

Kukuwife wrote:Hello forum members God has done it for me and my family. We have been granted 30months. Both the documents and Bio cards came 30minutes apart. I want to thank everybody on this forum for your support and encouragement. It has been a very difficult road but to God be the glory. I can't but mention the following people for I am indeed grateful for your help personally Believe, Dapsonlee, Nilemarque and Hatchsead. Also I can't but mention you Shondra sharma, Mrolaolu,rina, verbina,lily123, favour,winners, time503, crystal newbies,icehouse256, yummy mummy,mummy two,sanny26, GodGives, summer2013, Shareen24h for your advice and guidance on this forum.
So sorry I can't mention all names, I thank everybody on this forum for care and love that shown to each other.
For all that are still waiting I pray for the grace to endure to the end. Please be patient the glorious day is just around the corner
Please note the application was based on the 7 years rule. I have a daughter that was born here and as at the time of the application she is over 7 years old.

2004- Arrived UK. 6 month visitor visa
overstayer since then
2007- applied for leave to remain refused
2008- re applied refused
2010- re applied refused
2010- ask for reconsideration
Wait for three years for reconsideration only to be informed by end of 2013 that decision for
Refusal is maintained advised to leave UK
Jan 2014 - re applied again
Feb 2014 - refused
March 2014 PAP was sent
April 2014 - they asked for three month reconsideration
July2014 - further document was requested
Oct 2014 more documents was requested
Nov2014 - new biometric requested
Nov 2014 Date Biometrics / documents received no
Visa Type : 30 months

maj-server
Newly Registered

Post by maj-server » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:43 pm

FLR(O) : 02 September 2014
Acknowledgement Received : 05 September 2014
Biometrics Invitation : 05 September 2014
Biometrics submitted: 08 September 2014

HO Letter received: FLR(O) was the wrong form !!! submit FLR(FP) : 16 October 2014
FLR(FP) submitted : 21 October 2014

Good News....
Leave granted : 02 December 2014

On the decision letter, it says "Application form FLR(O) must be used if you are applying for an extension of Discritionary Leave..."

so why? HO Letter said FLR(O) was the wrong form !!! submit FLR(FP) ???

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:33 pm

Ems1927 wrote:
favour wrote:
Ems1927 wrote:Over three months since our appeal and still no decision! The wait is crazy. Has anyone waited this long for a decision before?

Hello Ems1927, I am surprised they are yet to respond, is it possible that you/solicitor give them a call?

@bsmith AMEN !!!
Hello

Yes we call everyday they just say the case is still with the judge never any other information.. Has anyone ever heard of anyone with a case decision taking so long?
I think october2010 (not sure if this user name is right) also took three months before they heard the outcome of their appeal. The only thing is that theirs was UT and not FT.

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:05 pm

Congratulations crystalnewbie many more to come in Jesus name

JOHFR2014
Newly Registered

Post by JOHFR2014 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:12 am

priscaltony wrote:It will actually depend on your case and how the judge view it. Do you have a solicitor or are you representing yourself?

It is really tough now for anyone to predict outcome of out of rules application.

I saw your other post on 10 years forum, so on this note, may I ask why you were not given a right of appeal?

="JOHFR2014"]Good afternoon, my friends and other board members, i will be grateful and glad if someone can help with my query,i am a silent member of this forum but i need urgent help concerning my FLR(FP) based on 7year rule/private life which was refused recently without right of appeal. We are planning to go for judicial review. We applied as a couple ,two of my children have leaved continously in UK for more than 7 years as at the time the application was submitted. Do we have a winning case if proceed on judicial review because it seems most people on these forum got their visa after going through judicial review?
many thanks,your urgent reply will highly be appreciated
[/quote]

Thank you for your reply priscaltony, as per your questions, the answers are as follows:

my immigration history is as follows. I came to UK in Aug 2005 as a
student from Gambia and I was on student visa up till end of 2010. I
got post study visa in 2011 which expired in April 2013 . My wife joined me
in UK from Gambia on Aug 2006 and my two children ( now age 13yrs
and 8yrs respectively joined us in 2007.The third child was born here in UK
in 2010. I put in FLR(O) application in 2013 when my post study visa
was about to expired, we applied as a family unit like JTK( JTK and his family were granted then)
and we were refused , luckily we got appeal right in 2013.
I started using solicitor from 2013 when we were refused and given appeal right. We proceed the appeal process up to first tier tribunal who disallowed the appeal then proceed to upper tribunal but before we received upper tribunal permission ,we now put in fresh flr (FP) application by withdrawing the appeal and applied for FLR(FP) (when two of my children have lived continously in UK for more than 7years )the same day as normal process.
lHowever, the fresh application was refused without appeal right, the home office claimed as per the refusal letter was that we(parents) are illegal immigrant and that our leave expired in 2013 and we put in fresh application in 2014. Home office did not consider section 3c and 3d in our application which I believe is an error of law on their part.
The home office even stated in their refusal letter to each qualified child that they knew each child has lived continously in UK for over 7years, got friends in UK , but their application will be refused because their parent application has been refused as well.
I will appreciate it if any member( OVERSTAYER/NON E.U/BRITISH PARTNER/CHILDREN) that are recently got their visa based on FLR(FP) should help with their advice.
N.B
WE ALWAYS PUT IN OUR APPLICATION ON TIME MOSTLY ONE MONTH BEFORE THE VISA EXPIRED.
many thank,
JOHFR2014

corasson

Post by corasson » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:47 am

Hi Dear Family board.

I have been granted 30 months under 10 years family life as a parent. I have applied on a 5 years route. I have adequate maintenance and I passed the English language test. I don't see why I wasn't granted leave under the 5years route.
Does anyone has been through the same situation. I want to send my documents back for reconsideration. Do you know how to do that what form to use for reconsideration how much does it cost and how long does it take?

Please can someone read this and give me advice.
Thanks

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:39 am

@Crystalnewbie, that's fantastic news, i will continue to pray for a positive outcome for you. You are almost there! Greeting to all!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:48 am

Thanks @Believe2013...will keep you updated
Believe2013 wrote:@Crystalnewbie, that's fantastic news, i will continue to pray for a positive outcome for you. You are almost there! Greeting to all!

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:17 am

CrystalNewbie wrote:@kukuwife...congratulations are in order and all the best for the future. I had my hearing on the 7th of November, the judge allowed our appeal, we have waited for the prerequisite five days (now ten) and have heard nothing from home office in terms of appeal, so just waiting to see what they give us. I must say your experience @kukuwife and others ( Believe, Dapsonlee, Nilemarque, Hatchsead, Shondra sharma, Mrolaolu,rina, verbina,lily123, favour,winners, time503, and Godgives among others) was very helpful in preparing for the hearing. All the best to all and will update after we receive our papers. Merry xmas to all.

Kukuwife wrote:Hello forum members God has done it for me and my family. We have been granted 30months. Both the documents and Bio cards came 30minutes apart. I want to thank everybody on this forum for your support and encouragement. It has been a very difficult road but to God be the glory. I can't but mention the following people for I am indeed grateful for your help personally Believe, Dapsonlee, Nilemarque and Hatchsead. Also I can't but mention you Shondra sharma, Mrolaolu,rina, verbina,lily123, favour,winners, time503, crystal newbies,icehouse256, yummy mummy,mummy two,sanny26, GodGives, summer2013, Shareen24h for your advice and guidance on this forum.
So sorry I can't mention all names, I thank everybody on this forum for care and love that shown to each other.
For all that are still waiting I pray for the grace to endure to the end. Please be patient the glorious day is just around the corner
Please note the application was based on the 7 years rule. I have a daughter that was born here and as at the time of the application she is over 7 years old.

overstayer since then
2008- re applied refused
2010- re applied refused
Wait for three years for reconsideration only to be informed by end of 2013 that decision for
Feb 2014 - refused
March 2014 PAP was sent
Congratulations Crystal thats great news to hear.. :D :D :D :D :D I pray that Dapsonlee, Believe and others recieve some good news before xmas. :D

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:39 pm

[quote="CrystalNewbie"]@kukuwife...congratulations are in order and all the best for the future. I had my hearing on the 7th of November, the judge allowed our appeal, we have waited for the prerequisite five days (now ten) and have heard nothing from home office in terms of appeal, so just waiting to see what they give us. I must say your experience @kukuwife and others ( Believe, Dapsonlee, Nilemarque, Hatchsead, Shondra sharma, Mrolaolu,rina, verbina,lily123, favour,winners, time503, and Godgives among others) was very helpful in preparing for the hearing. All the best to all and will update after we receive our papers. Merry xmas to all.

[quote="Kukuwife"]Hello forum members God has done it for me and my family. We have been granted 30months. Both the documents and Bio cards came 30minutes apart. I want to thank everybody on this forum for your support and encouragement. It has been a very difficult road but to God be the glory. I can't but mention the following people for I am indeed grateful for your help personally Believe, Dapsonlee, Nilemarque and Hatchsead. Also I can't but mention you Shondra sharma, Mrolaolu,rina, verbina,lily123, favour,winners, time503, crystal newbies,icehouse256, yummy mummy,mummy two,sanny26, GodGives, summer2013, Shareen24h for your advice and guidance on this forum.

overstayer since then
2008- re applied refused
2010- re applied refused
Feb 2014 - refused
March 2014 PAP was sent
Visa Type : 30 months[/quote][/quote]

Hi CrystalNewbie

Was it your hearing First Tier or Upper Tribunal.
I am waiting as well

Tom no engine
Newly Registered

Post by Tom no engine » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:59 pm

hi guys as some of you might remember I applied for leave to remain based on the 7 year rule..I was refused last August with no right of appeal with the Home Office stating that I can go back to my country with my kids. They said although I have a child who has been here for 7 years it would be reasonable for us to go back together as a family unit..I was obviously devastated by this..I was advised by you my friends to write a reconsideration letter which I did, on November 15 I received a letter requesting for more documents which I submitted before the deadline I was given and today the 8th of December I got a call from my solicitor informing me that we have been granted leave to remain..in fact we was granted on the 28th of November but my solicitor was off sick... I collected my BRP and my kids permits from my solicitor..I am finally legal and I want to thank each and every one of you for giving me advice and courage to fight on.. I couldn't have done it without my Lord by my side and of course you guys...thank you...to those who are still waiting for good news or been refused don't give up the fight. Believe and put your trust onto him. A big congratulations to those that where granted..

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:41 am

Congratulations Tom no engine. God bless you and your family

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:30 am

God bless you Tom no engine, "you had nothing left in the tank but continued to fight"- sorry couldn't help myself.... Many congratulations to you and your family! Merry xmas too. Good luck in the journey ahead. Shareen & Crystalnewbie you're next!
Keep the faith guys!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

Tom no engine
Newly Registered

Post by Tom no engine » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:11 am

@bsmith13 @Believe2013 thank you guys and merry Christmas..

JOHFR2014
Newly Registered

Post by JOHFR2014 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:34 pm

overstayer since then
2008- re applied refused
2010- re applied refused
Feb 2014 - refused
March 2014 PAP was sent
[/quote]

hi guys as some of you might remember I applied for leave to remain based on the 7 year rule..I was refused last August with no right of appeal with the Home Office stating that I can go back to my country with my kids. They said although I have a child who has been here for 7 years it would be reasonable for us to go back together as a family unit..I was obviously devastated by this..I was advised by you my friends to write a reconsideration letter which I did, on November 15 I received a letter requesting for more documents which I submitted before the deadline I was given and today the 8th of December I got a call from my solicitor informing me that we have been granted leave to remain..in fact we was granted on the 28th of November but my solicitor was off SICK... I collected my BRP and my kids permits from my solicitmy IMMIGRATION history is as follows.

Congrants Tom no engine and kukuwife, Your above stories have always give me hope, I desperately need your advise because I need URGENT HELP. We planning to send reconsideration letter/PAP first.

My immigration history is as follows:

I came to UK in Aug 2005 as a
student from Gambia and I was on student VISA up till end of 2010. I
got post study VISA in 2011 which expired in April 2013 . My wife joined me
in UK from Gambia on Aug 2006 and my two children ( now age 14yrs
and 9yrs respectively joined us in 2007.The third child was born here in UK
in 2010. I put in FLR(O) application in 2013 when my post study VISA
was about to expire, we applied as a family unit like JTK( JTK and his family were granted then)
I started using solicitor from 2013 when we were refused and given appeal right. We proceed the appeal process up to first tier tribunal who disallowed the appeal then proceed to upper tribunal but before we received upper tribunal permission ,we now put in fresh flr (FP) application by withdrawing the appeal and applied for FLR(FP) (when two of my children have lived continously in UK for more than 7years )the same day as normal process.
lHowever, the fresh application was refused without appeal right, the HOME OFFICE claimed as per the refusal letter was that we(parents) are illegal immigrant and that our leave expired in 2013 and we put in fresh application in 2014. HOME OFFICE did not consider section 3c and 3d in our application which I believe is an error of law on their part.
The home office even stated in their refusal letter to each qualified child that they knew each child has lived continously in UK for over 7years, got friends in UK , but their application will be refused because their parent application has been refused as well.
I will appreciate it if any member( OVERSTAYER/NON E.U/BRITISH PARTNER/CHILDREN) that are recently got their visa based on FLR(FP) should help with their advice.
N.B
WE ALWAYS PUT IN OUR APPLICATION ON TIME MOSTLY ONE MONTH BEFORE THE VISA EXPIRED.
many thank,
JOHFR2014

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:29 am

Hello everyone, hope u all are doing great? Would like to ask please, when a judge refuses JR on paper and he believes its totally without merit, what's the next option for the person to take and does that mean the person has no chance again? However I read it online that's the new system the government is adopting in order to get rid of many people.

And another question I would like to ask is that someone was given permission to apply for JR but after the hearing the case was dismissed even though she has most of her close relatives in the Uk including her son and daughter who are both settled here and she has her only sister her too with her family and other extended family members but they believe she can go back to her home country. In this kind of case, what should be done, so she go for an appeal or what? Apparently this person used to have her indefinite but she lost it and the government were the reason why she overstayed as they told her to wait for her case to be sorted as she was a victim of identity fraud but after the case only her N I has been returned since. Please what can she do to. Kindly help. Thank u

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:51 am

hi guys as some of you might remember I applied for leave to remain based on the 7 year rule..I was refused last August with no right of appeal with the Home Office stating that I can go back to my country with my kids. They said although I have a child who has been here for 7 years it would be reasonable for us to go back together as a family unit..I was obviously devastated by this..I was advised by you my friends to write a reconsideration letter which I did, on November 15 I received a letter requesting for more documents which I submitted before the deadline I was given and today the 8th of December I got a call from my solicitor informing me that we have been granted leave to remain..in fact we was granted on the 28th of November but my solicitor was off SICK... I collected my BRP and my kids permits from my solicitmy IMMIGRATION history is as follows.

Congrants Tom no engine and kukuwife, Your above stories have always give me hope, I desperately need your advise because I need URGENT HELP. We planning to send reconsideration letter/PAP first.

My immigration history is as follows:

I came to UK in Aug 2005 as a
student from Gambia and I was on student VISA up till end of 2010. I
got post study VISA in 2011 which expired in April 2013 . My wife joined me
in UK from Gambia on Aug 2006 and my two children ( now age 14yrs
and 9yrs respectively joined us in 2007.The third child was born here in UK
in 2010. I put in FLR(O) application in 2013 when my post study VISA
was about to expire, we applied as a family unit like JTK( JTK and his family were granted then)
lHowever, the fresh application was refused without appeal right, the HOME OFFICE claimed as per the refusal letter was that we(parents) are illegal immigrant and that our leave expired in 2013 and we put in fresh application in 2014. HOME OFFICE did not consider section 3c and 3d in our application which I believe is an error of law on their part.
N.B
many thank,
JOHFR2014[/quote]

Congratulations Tom no engine and JOHFR2014 I wish you all the best

Thanks rina, crystalnewbies and all that has been wished my family well. I pray that as many that are still waiting God will surprised them before this year
Your expectation will manifest very soon

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:08 am

[quote="Believe2013"]God bless you Tom no engine, "you had nothing left in the tank but continued to fight"- sorry couldn't help myself.... Many congratulations to you and your family! Merry xmas too. Good luck in the journey ahead. Shareen & Crystalnewbie you're next!
Keep the faith guys![/quote]

Thanks Believe2013, Nile, Kukuwife and all others who remembering me in their prayer. Pray for me that I can give you good news with new year.

Shareen.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:21 am

bsmith13 wrote:Hello everyone, hope u all are doing great? Would like to ask please, when a judge refuses JR on paper and he believes its totally without merit, what's the next option for the person to take and does that mean the person has no chance again? However I read it online that's the new system the government is adopting in order to get rid of many people.

And another question I would like to ask is that someone was given permission to apply for JR but after the hearing the case was dismissed even though she has most of her close relatives in the Uk including her son and daughter who are both settled here and she has her only sister her too with her family and other extended family members but they believe she can go back to her home country. In this kind of case, what should be done, so she go for an appeal or what? Apparently this person used to have her indefinite but she lost it and the government were the reason why she overstayed as they told her to wait for her case to be sorted as she was a victim of identity fraud but after the case only her N I has been returned since. Please what can she do to. Kindly help. Thank u
bsmith13- as I understand it if JR is refused on paper you have the opportunity to re-apply for oral hearing. If he has a legal advocate I think they should apply as soon as possible if not let the person seek legal help because from here it start getting technical and with a good advocate you can secure oral JR. However, if you have the time and the know how it can be done by yourself.

On the second matter- so sorry about the identity theft but what I find difficult to understand is that this individual already has indefinite stay in this country and one way or the other loss it or stolen. All she has to do is regularises herself back. But it seems to me that the matter is more complicated than how you phrased it. Fighting a case after losing the JR will be difficult but there is nothing difficult for God to do. Please is this person planning to regain the indefinite stay back or what. If yes she has to keep fighting the HO through every legal means but if not then she has to apply afresh on article 8 and family life. I wish her best of luck

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:24 am

shareen24h wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:God bless you Tom no engine, "you had nothing left in the tank but continued to fight"- sorry couldn't help myself.... Many congratulations to you and your family! Merry xmas too. Good luck in the journey ahead. Shareen & Crystalnewbie you're next!
Keep the faith guys!
Thanks Believe2013, Nile, Kukuwife and all others who remembering me in their prayer. Pray for me that I can give you good news with new year.

Shareen.
Shareen24h - we shall rejoice with you very soon. God is on your side and he has never disappoint, so you will not be put to same. Bless you

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:14 am

Thanks Kukuwife, based on the first case, the judge believed the case has no merit and didn't give a chance to apply for oral hearing so the solicitor advised that we should seek for permission for oral hearing but however, I've been contact with different solicitors who advised me not to use a solicitor again but a barrister and I should start all over afresh. Or what do you think, the case is based on the fact I came here as a child at the age of 13 with no relatives back home and I've spent 12 years here

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:35 am

bsmith13 wrote:Thanks Kukuwife, based on the first case, the judge believed the case has no merit and didn't give a chance to apply for oral hearing so the solicitor advised that we should seek for permission for oral hearing but however, I've been contact with different solicitors who advised me not to use a solicitor again but a barrister and I should start all over afresh. Or what do you think, the case is based on the fact I came here as a child at the age of 13 with no relatives back home and I've spent 12 years here
bsmith- your solicitor must have missed one or two issues for the JR to be refused both on paper and even not allowing oral JR. I think the advices to get yourself a barrister is right. Kindly consider it

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:15 pm

Thank u Kukuwife for taking your time to advise me but do you think the judge's decision can affect me in the future as everyone has been speaking to are saying maybe I should start all over again because they believe my solicitor didn't go a good job but can they do anything to me? Thanks