ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issue with Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

riyazcalsoft
Newly Registered

Re: Issue with Citizenship

Post by riyazcalsoft » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:05 pm

hmm! so this option is also not viable. How disappointing situation is!

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:35 am

I'm not so sure that one needs to be on an ICT visa to have the kind of arrangement that the OP suggests. If the OP is on an ILR, I'm sure the employer can work something like the scenario envisaged by the OP out. I would suggest that the OP discuss this with the HR department and see if they can work something out.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:33 am

secret.simon wrote:I'm not so sure that one needs to be on an ICT visa to have the kind of arrangement that the OP suggests. If the OP is on an ILR, I'm sure the employer can work something like the scenario envisaged by the OP out. I would suggest that the OP discuss this with the HR department and see if they can work something out.
You are right. ILR is a right to work. In fact, since he has ILR, he even has more flexibility than someone on ICT, a fact that might be considerably more attractive to a company offering such employment, especially since they wouldn't count against any UK quotas.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:15 pm

Not necessarily. There is no quota for ICT and it may cost less to the employer than a UK worker.

See below links for reference

http://www.computerweekly.com/news/1280 ... -ICT-visas

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/eim77010.htm

Having said that please contact a tax expert for specific advice as immigration and tax matters are different.