ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2014 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Approval786

Re: 2014 Citizenship Approvals

Post by Approval786 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:53 pm

Hi emmanueljames and Kingdomman,
can you please guys share your timeline and stamp type etc etc please.If your file is submitted to minister than there is possibility that you will get approved insha Allah(with the will of GOD) before Xmas.
pLEASE SHARE UR TIMELINE.thanks

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:56 pm

guys.. here is the Ministers answer (to formal message originally suggested)

notice the "and others"
also notice that she said its receiving attention now

In case you are not aware of the issue, the original letter to minister is about transparency of INIS and lack of proper information or reply to our concern and the unknown/non understanable delays and the accusation of the delays being from garda vetting etc and the concerns of many migrants about being exploited if the come forward and complain formally...

I put my information (such as name) very clear and i wont care now if it back fires because I know I have done absolutely nothing wrong and I deserve proper treatment.

Ps I have a feeling some INIS employees do read the forum (I might be wrong!) but it worth to look how miserable and pathetic we are here trying to guess on whats next and not even being helped by them

I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:58 pm

The letter from the Minister's office says "and others" because (if i remember correctly), you mentioned in your letter to her that you were writing to her on behalf of a group of like minded people, i.e. not just yourself.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:08 pm

doesnotcompute wrote:The letter from the Minister's office says "and others" because (if i remember correctly), you mentioned in your letter to her that you were writing to her on behalf of a group of like minded people, i.e. not just yourself.
yes doesnotcompute - and you can see from above description/clarification that I mentioned that, however, no names where mentioned but my own name as I know nobody's name who expressed that they are "like minded" and/or wanted to expose their names, and Im not sure if you wanted to be a "like minded" or just watch quietly until your wife got her approval, so you had no interest anymore in trying to help future applicants (who might be your brother(s) or sister(s) at some stage)

-- Edit: removed last paragraph in avoidance or unwanted hassle
Last edited by banana07 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:18 pm

Hey I've been here since 2009, long before my wife was seeking Irish citizenship, posting in the UK forums, helping people with FBR queries, getting involved, and I will be here long after she gets it, don't you worry about that.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:20 pm

doesnotcompute wrote:Hey I've been here since 2009, long before my wife was seeking Irish citizenship, posting in the UK forums, helping people with FBR queries, getting involved, and I will be here long after she gets it, don't you worry about that.
very good and fair play to you (and your wife). Im sure you have been of help here and you are still of help.. let alone the massive favor (hint hint) you gonna do us after the ceremony by telling us "whats the story" unlike the ones who never came back here after the ceremony to tell us any news..

saad786

Post by saad786 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:37 am

@all
any updates mate or does anybody made a phone call to inquire about his/her application....

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:45 am

no news as of now... anybody called them today?

Darr81

Post by Darr81 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:03 pm

yes i rang'em today, very helpful lady picked up the phone,said my file has gone to the minister. asked how long will it take to come back?she said it depends on the minister,some time few weeks or some cases 3 months.And she said they dont require anymore document in regards of my application.
And she doesn't know the dates of next ceremony.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:11 pm

Darr81 wrote:yes i rang'em today, very helpful lady picked up the phone,said my file has gone to the minister. asked how long will it take to come back?she said it depends on the minister,some time few weeks or some cases 3 months.And she said they dont require anymore document in regards of my application.
And she doesn't know the dates of next ceremony.
Darr81, the application being with the minister is just the best news. once its out of inis hands, it means the delays are understandable considering how busy the minister is especially nowadays.. a person who works in same unit of mine worked with her when she was involved in child protection and he said (hes irish): shes the most caring and reasonable woman in politics he ever came across (Note: hes huge non fan of her party but hes professional and cant say more than on professional basis)

Ps the dept is very busy and deplying employees around due to xmas demand in immigration visa (such as re-entry) and expect the last day you will hear from them to be 18th of Dec 2014, and the hear-back is starting from Jan 8th, 2015

kite runner
Newly Registered

Post by kite runner » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:41 pm

plz can someone reply. i recently got the approval letter and want to travel at the end of december. i have to hand up the GNIB card before i travel. can we travel with our approval letter? what other documents do i need so i won't face any problems in the airports? thank you

Kal14

Post by Kal14 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:23 pm

kite runner wrote:plz can someone reply. i recently got the approval letter and want to travel at the end of december. i have to hand up the GNIB card before i travel. can we travel with our approval letter? what other documents do i need so i won't face any problems in the airports? thank you
I think u can travel but just make sure email to inis so they will tell you for 100 percent answer...just to be safe side if they reply is YES you can print it out and show immigration officer in airport (with your approval letter )when u come back to Ireland..best of luck

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:52 am

Kite runner. Yes you can travel but keep the approval with you to show to passport officer. Your entry to ireland is still subject to you having re entry visa valid for your return if you are visa required national. Return to other topics on forum for similar cases who made it successfully to ireland without any question

chebas

Post by chebas » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:13 am

I travel every week for work and I asked the immigration officer before I sent my GNIB card and they gave me the following advice.

Always carry a copy of your GNIB card so that they can validate it in the system (which they did the last 2 times)

Always carry the letter or a copy of the letter of approval (even though they didn't care to look once out of the 2 times)

So no worries with travel as long as you have these copies and of course the stamp on your passport.

While this is not an official answer this is what I've been through in Dublin Immigration for the past 2 weeks.

saad786

Post by saad786 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:31 pm

@all
anybody got any approvals today or this week... I am not sure what is happening now.... I talked 2 weeks ago for an update and got the message that my application is with the minister... I can guess that they`ll start sending approvals next week...

Approval786

Post by Approval786 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:38 pm

Insha Allah Saad786 :D

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:43 pm

the habit was approvals every 3 months, but recently (last "mini approval" happened a month after the "big approval")..

if more frequent/habit: we should get approvals within max Dec 14 (arrive maybe up to 20th).. otherwise, next approval batches will be 3 months from the big one (i.e 2nd/3rd week of jan 2015)

if anybody catches the phone or the email, please do ask and let us know what they say (if they ever decide to change the "processing" attitude and the "in due course" answer)

Approval786

Post by Approval786 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:24 pm

Insha Allah Bannna07 will let you know once it arrives.Dont want to think so much about it now. if Allah want to give us before Xmas alhumdulilah otherwise Insha Allah next year.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:36 pm

Approval786 wrote:Insha Allah Bannna07 will let you know once it arrives.Dont want to think so much about it now. if Allah want to give us before Xmas alhumdulilah otherwise Insha Allah next year.
fingers crossed...

if memory serve me well, you applied based on work permit, then stamp 4... which i expected you to be approved by Nov and attend the ceremony.. cant remember though if you went to court or not.. of not, then did it happen to have on of those common names in west asia/north africa?

pyramid stone
Ireland

Post by pyramid stone » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:58 pm

Hello @pals
Now the clock is ticking 2 weeks to go and all the country will be off for X-mas and that means we SHOULD get letters next week or the week after BY THE MOST or else the ceremony will be in Feb 2015 and that means a BIG DELAY in the DOJ system. So then we should receive letters either next week or the week after. then we all smiling like :)

emmanueljames
BANNED

Post by emmanueljames » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:13 pm

@ pyramid stone; like you said, I got email reply from citizenship division. My application continues to be process and it will be submitted to the minister.

How soon am I likely to get approval? Any experience pals???

pyramid stone
Ireland

Post by pyramid stone » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:08 am

emmanueljames wrote:@ pyramid stone; like you said, I got email reply from citizenship division. My application continues to be process and it will be submitted to the minister.

How soon am I likely to get approval? Any experience pals???
within 2 weeks from yesterday .... by the most and i bit on that 8)

emmanueljames
BANNED

Post by emmanueljames » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:26 am

Hi Guys; below is the email replied I got from citizenship last Friday, and it was send by citizenship Division. Any good sign?

How long will it take for me to have approval? Pls share experience. Thanks

My name

Your application continues to be processed & will be submitted to the
                                                Minister for decision as
                                                expeditiously as possible.

Regards

Tony Greene
Citizenship Division

Citizenship Info
                              Mail-In Query
Last edited by emmanueljames on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:38 am

Pyramid u r so positive - jealous of you, fingers crossed.

Emmanuel that means they still working on it.. They have t said the lawful part so its highly likely they already have garda reports

Darr81

Post by Darr81 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:15 am

emmanueljames wrote:Hi Guys; below is the email replied I got from citizenship last Friday, and it was send by citizenship Division. Any good sign?

How long will it take for me to have approval? Pls share experience. Thanks

Victor,

Your application continues to be processed & will be submitted to the
                                                Minister for decision as
                                                expeditiously as possible.

Regards

Tony Greene
Citizenship Division

Citizenship Info
                              Mail-In Query
Reply the same email and tell them that u spoke to someone over the phone at citizenship helpline and was told it's in advance stage, I'm sure the will Come back to acknowledge that it's in advance stage rather than just saying its in a process.