ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

September 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

legit2011

Re: September 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by legit2011 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:33 am

@rajo1...there response will be good to know...strange.
the thing is they have the power to do what they feel at anytime and do not owe anyone any explanation..thats the way I see it..we are just at their mercy bro. :shock:

zonkkk

Post by zonkkk » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:56 am

rajo1 wrote:Good Morning Friends

I have recently asked the Home Office to return my original documents back to me, as I needed it, I filled an online application to request the return of documents, and I received the documents within two days, I applied on Monday, and received on Wednesday, very quickly, I hope this will be the approval.

by luck I met the postman while going out my apartment, it was middle sized yellow envelope, my anxiety was on the moon, I opened a big yellow envelope which contains all my documents plus a home office letter attached, the irony was, a strange statement written on the letter which they attached the document to which they stated like this "Applications are considered broadly in order of receipt" I could not believe it, so if they consider applications in order they receive, why are we getting many October approvals?

Why those of you who applied 11th of September did not get any response yet? its very mind boggling and beyond imagination seeing this, its either that those who have depicted here that they got their approvals are lying, or the Home Office is giving contradiction and lie statement and by law misleading us, which is really very serious misconduct, or I did not get how what does this statement means.

I decided to write to them, and I have sent them an email, requesting the Home Office to clarify what they meant for this statement, I will update you guys as soon as I got a response from them, but what do you think guys?
The key word here is 'broadly' which explains why some of us are still waiting when October and November approvals are coming. They cannot promise that the applications will be considered in the order they were received simply because they are allocated to case workers, which most probably already have a queue of applications they need to work on. Depending on how big this queue is and how long it takes the case worker to got through the applications already assigned to them. So, although they may be assigned to a case worker in the order they were received, they cannot promise that they will be considered in the same order. Simples! :-) ... I think. :-)

legit2011

Post by legit2011 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:08 pm

@zonkk
i think you have a point here...

I guess when they receive the applications...they sieve them accoridng to those with past or spent convictions (dont get me wrong there are those with 3rd party checks - spent convictions etc who have received approvals in september already)

Those requiring 3rd party checks are now assigend tos senior case workers who already have a mountain of applications to go through...and the queue and wait begins for the applicants...I think that is what is going on..

Well i really want to know the outcome of this correspondence with the HO... :D

weeman1978

Post by weeman1978 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:35 pm

Guys,

I'm starting to believe that there must be discrimination going on in HO. As I connot understand why some people get approvals in a month while some have to wait for 6 months? I just can't understand. I don't drive , and never been to police station, am currently working in NHS so I had my CRB yearly..I have no problem with the qualifying periods and absences. But why take so long ? Could it be that I'm from South East Asia ? Probably..

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:12 pm

weeman1978 wrote:Guys,

I'm starting to believe that there must be discrimination going on in HO. As I connot understand why some people get approvals in a month while some have to wait for 6 months? I just can't understand. I don't drive , and never been to police station, am currently working in NHS so I had my CRB yearly..I have no problem with the qualifying periods and absences. But why take so long ? Could it be that I'm from South East Asia ? Probably..
The only "difference" I noticed, is that spouses' approvals are lightning fast, for everyone else, it takes time.

Most EEA (e.g. Polish etc) nationals also face 5-8 months wait. I'm also from "south asia" and have applied in October and probably will have to wait too, so I would not be worried and paranoid over it too much.

Best of luck :)
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

cov

Post by cov » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:39 pm

I've been waiting for almost 3 month and still no news from HO. I should forget about approval till February 2015 :-( :-(

rajo1

Post by rajo1 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:21 pm

cov wrote:I've been waiting for almost 3 month and still no news from HO. I should forget about approval till February 2015 :-( :-(
Hello Cov, are you from coventry, if you do I am from also there, and I wonder if there is any thing special in coventry

Julian11

Post by Julian11 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:44 pm

fwd079 wrote:
weeman1978 wrote:Guys,

The only "difference" I noticed, is that spouses' approvals are lightning fast, for everyone else, it takes time.

Most EEA (e.g. Polish etc) nationals also face 5-8 months wait. I'm also from "south asia" and have applied in October and probably will have to wait too, so I would not be worried and paranoid over it too much.

Best of luck :)
I'm EEA (EU15) and married to a Brit, but that doesn't seem to have made my application be any faster. I applied in October, but I'm one of the few left from October it seems.

rajo1

Post by rajo1 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:44 am

To clarify one thing, as stated that they may abate applications for criminal background, I am a banker, every six months we goes through a criminal record check plus Financial record check, in part of my job I work with the police and the courts, that means I am in a place of trust, I have never ever in my life get any kind of bad record what so ever including fixed penalty notice, I am billion times sure that I am clear, and still I don't understand what criteria do select from one application to other.

If I am not wrong the word "broadly" has a clear definition in the English dictionary which means "mostly" or "widely" that means over %95 of the time, as I heard they put the applications as a queuing list on the system, its like when you calling the call center, and calls coming through, it does not matter who receives that call, your applications is on the queue its like "first comes first served", if that particular case worker could not able to solve your case, he may raise to higher case worker, and on that matter it takes time, and that is why they are stating as "broadly"

However I don't still understand why straightforward applications is being getting delayed, I reckon there is a huge misconception and internal confusion, I can wait till six months, but I cannot accept injustice.

amjadboby

Post by amjadboby » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:01 am

@rajo1
I think our application are delay because of fixed penalty points i also have 3 points on my licence but they are not from the court and I am sure it's not a conviction I got them in January 2011 next month will be remove from my counter part as well,
That's the only reason our application are on delay may be they are waiting for more checks but my friends got approval with fixed penalty points so I am not worried about it it all about wait, hope for the best and I am positive about my application my application based on married to a british girl

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:47 pm

dont think the delays have necessarily smth to do with being SE Asian, or being EU applicant or even having points on your driving license :) I am/have neither of those things - and still waiting... (straight forward application, no issues, no convictions, etc.)

There seems to be a fairly binary outcome - either it's an immediate yes or the application goes into 'further checks' bucket which seems to have massive delays. This was the case with our (Sept) applications - there was a wave of approvals and nothing since. Early Nov applicants are starting to get approvals...

I just hope we are not stuck in this waiting game for 6-9 months.

rajo1

Post by rajo1 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:56 am

Hello Again

I can confirm to you that my case has not been assigned a caseworker yet, on the letter they attached the return of my documents they indicated that my application is waiting to be assigned for a caseworker after almost 2 months of half, let alone the reasons is for checks, it has not been yet touched.

legit2011

Post by legit2011 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:42 am

@rajo1...
still no response from HO on your email to them?...would be great to see what their response will be.
I am still waiting and Its just shear madness that my application maybe dumped in some sinbin... :D packign up dust...

well fingers crossed...I just need to ask for my passports and originals back because I sent those with my application so I can at least be free to travel pending when they decide to attend to my case :) .

efm71
Newly Registered

Post by efm71 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:09 am

Just one more for the September stats:

EEU national, have been living in the UK for 10 years (so sent p60s proving residency for the last 6 years = 5yrs + 1 year ILR)

Applied via NCS in Merton (SW London)

Received confirmation letter on 25/09/14

Still waiting....

One question though: I only used p60s for proof of residency. I had a missing P60 so sent a letter from my previous employer stating the same information contained in the P60 (they retrieved the info via their accounting system) and a letter stating I was employed full time during that period. Is this enough or should I have sent more docs to corroborate my lawful residency (e.g. bank statements, payslips, etc)?

Another thing: I'm also married to a Brit (since 2009). The NCS didn't want to include her documentation as she said I could get the citizenship on my own merits. I'm wondering if I applied under 'spouse' criteria my application would be approved quicker?

I can still send all these docs to the HO though and see if it helps....

What I can't understand is that some people are getting approval in 5-10 days. Is it because they provided more documentation than than what is' requested in the form?

rajo1

Post by rajo1 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:52 am

Good Evening Guys

As you were waiting my update for the reply of the email I have sent to the home office, unfortunately what I have received is very annoying, I was expecting from them an specific response to my specific inquiry for what they meant the statement written on the letter they sent to me ""Applications are considered broadly in order of receipt", in contrary I got this so called information which contains very general details, I don't know whether I am breaking rules of this amazing forum, but I decided to depict on here, as the content is very general, the response I have received was as this following:

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ AS YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANOTHER RESPONSE

Below are answers to our most frequently asked questions, including links to relevant pages of our website: http://www.gov.uk/browse/citizenship/citizenship

PRE-APPLICATION QUERIES

I believe that I am British but I have no proof. How can I confirm it?

You have three options:

(i) You can apply for a British passport. Advice about the passport application process, and relevant forms can be obtained here or by calling Her Majesty’s Passport Office on 0300 222 0000. If you are living outside the UK, you should click here.

(ii). You can apply for a nationality status certificate using Form NS. A non-refundable fee is payable with any application.

Quick Links to FORM NS, Guide and fee information.

FORM NS and guide
Fees Guide

(iii) You can seek advice from a professional legal adviser in private practice. A list of suitably qualified advisers can be obtained from http://www.oisc.gov.uk or by calling the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner on 0207 211 1500.

I am not British but I wish to become British. What are the requirements and how do I apply?

The requirements and the fees can be found on our website from where an application form and guide can be downloaded (we do not send out application forms by post).

Check If You Can Apply

Fees Guide

Please note: The onus is always on the applicant to ensure that they fully meet the requirements for any application as set out in the appropriate guide. All applicants are advised to read the guide thoroughly and make sure they satisfy the requirements before submitting any application. We will not be able to tell you prior to submitting any application whether it will be successful. The application fee will be retained if an application is refused or withdrawn, and only the ceremony fee will be returned.

Applications for British citizenship can be made at a Nationality Checking Service. This is a service provided by local authorities who, for a fee, will check and forward your form to us. Details of the local authorities that provide this checking service can be found here

To naturalise as a British citizen - you have to meet the knowledge of Life in the UK and the English Language

For information regarding the Life in the UK test please click here

For information about the English language requirement please click here

How do I book a Life in the UK test if I don’t have one of the specified identity documents?

If you do not have suitable photo ID, you will not be able to book a test until after you have submitted your application. You should state on page 15 of the application form that you do not have the necessary documents to book the test. You should still prepare for the test before submitting your application as you will be required to pass it within 21 days of us contacting you to make the special arrangements.

How do I transfer my certificate of entitlement to the right of abode to my new passport?

Since December 2006 the Home Office no longer undertakes transfers of Right of Abode vignettes. All requests for Certificate of Entitlements to the Right of Abode must be submitted with a fresh application and documents supporting the claim.

Information on the requirements for Certificates of Entitlement to the Right of Abode, along with links to obtain the application forms, may be obtained here.

Are my referees in support of my application suitable?

Further information may be found here.

The list is not an exhaustive list; therefore an individual’s profession may not be listed as acceptable although they may fall under the category of a person of any nationality who is of professional standing or a member of a professional association. If the caseworker is not satisfied with your referee they may request another.

POST APPLICATION QUERIES

Will receipt of my application be acknowledged?

You should receive an acknowledgement within six weeks. If you have not received an acknowledgement within eight weeks please email us at: FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk giving your full name date of birth and address.

How long will it take for my application to be decided?

We aim to conclude 100% of applications within six months of receipt. If you applied more than six months ago, you can check the progress of your application by calling our Contact Centre on 0300 123 2253 or by emailing us at: FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

What do I do if I need my documents returning before my application is decided?

Advice may be found here

How do I notify you about a change of address?

Advice may be found here

How do I obtain a copy of my certificate of British nationality?

If your certificate was issued after October 1986 click here

If your certificate was issued before 1969, a copy of your certificate may be obtained from The National Archive, who can be contacted at:

Advice & Records Knowledge

The National Archives

Kew

Richmond

Surrey

W9 4DU

Telephone number 0208 876 3444

Further information is available at:

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/cont ... m.asp?id=7

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/reco ... sation.htm

If the certificate was issued between January 1969 and October 1986

Certificates of citizenship issued between January 1969 and September 1986 are no longer available in some cases but The National Archive should still hold a card record of the certificate.

Once a copy of this card record has been obtained from the National Archive (address above), it should be submitted to us with an application for confirmation of British nationality status on Form NS (a non- refundable fee is payable).

The Form NS and guidance can be obtained here. Once the NS application has been submitted and processed we will issue you with a letter, providing we are able to confirm your status.

The personal details on my certificate of British nationality are incorrect. Can they be amended?

Further guidance may be found here

How do I obtain confirmation that I have not been registered or naturalised as a British national?

Further guidance may be found here

Can the Home Office confirm my previous nationality? status and/or passport details at the time of my British nationality application?

The Home Office is only able to comment on issues relating to British citizenship and so cannot confirm your nationality at the time your application was submitted. If you wish to confirm this information you would need to contact your country’s embassy in the UK.

You may wish to note that we record the personal details of individuals who apply for registration or naturalisation as they are recorded on their application form. This may have been supported by documentation which would have been submitted with your application. Copies of documents are not automatically retained on file.

If you did not receive your passport back, your passport would have been sent to your country’s embassy in the UK.

Where do I find information about European Economic Area (EEA) Nationals and their dependants applying for a Registration Certificate and/or a Residence Card?

Visit here if you are an EEA national; and here for information if you are the family member of an EEA national. Further advice may be obtained by calling our Contact Centre on 0300 123 2253.

Where do I find information about immigration?

Further information can be found here or by calling our Contact Centre on 0300 123 2241

Who should I contact if I wish to report (actual or potential) abuse of the UK’s immigration and nationality laws?

You can complete a form and leave this information by clicking here

The Home Office treat any information received seriously and any such information will be forwarded to the relevant department and investigated accordingly.

We are grateful for any information provided. However, we will not be able to advise you of the progress or results of any investigation relating to this information.

If you wish to make an allegation by post, please write to us at the following address:

Allegations Intel

Post Room

1st Floor Apollo House

36 Wellesley Road

Croydon

CR9 3RR

You can remain anonymous, but please include as much detail as possible, including home and/or work addresses and postcodes if you have this information.

What should I do if I have a different nationality related enquiry?

You should call our Contact Centre on 0300 123 2253 or email us at: FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (you should provide your name, date of birth, place of birth, current nationality, immigration status and Home Office Reference number where known. A telephone number should also be provided so that we may contact you.

We aim to respond to your enquiry within 20 days.

Please note that a response to an email sent to this address will only be answered if it is a nationality related query. Details of how to contact other departments within UK Visas and Immigration can be found on our website at: http://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi

legit2011

Post by legit2011 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:14 am

I feel you rajo1...like I always say we are at there mercy and to them they are doing us a favour and so are not indebted to us.
Imagine the service you get for 906pounds...appalling...just not right at all.

I just hope approvals will be sent out soon. I will opt for private ceremony straight up as quickly as possible just to put this journey behind me and closed once and for all....Its a nightmare.

One just dont understand how things are done at the big house (HO) :(

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:34 am

rajo1 wrote: What should I do if I have a different nationality related enquiry?

You should call our Contact Centre on 0300 123 2253 or email us at: FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (you should provide your name, date of birth, place of birth, current nationality, immigration status and Home Office Reference number where known. A telephone number should also be provided so that we may contact you.

We aim to respond to your enquiry within 20 days.
That there is the clue about next step buddy :-)

Or if you want me to spell it out, FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk :-)

farhad34
Newly Registered

Post by farhad34 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:30 am

Hi all,
I applied 19 september and ack on 29 september, still waiting to hear from them!

cov

Post by cov » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:42 pm

Can someone update the dash board please? Thanks

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:03 pm

akhurshid, if/when you update the dashboard, could you take out the ppl who got their approvals leave only those who are still waiting? Thanks!

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:19 pm

cov wrote:Can someone update the dash board please? Thanks
There hasn't been any updates since the last dashboard mate. Nobody received approval so there was nothing to update.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:22 pm

cmpic wrote:akhurshid, if/when you update the dashboard, could you take out the ppl who got their approvals leave only those who are still waiting? Thanks!
No updates since last time but here is the list of people who are still waiting.
Attachments
dashboard.jpg
dashboard.jpg (240.36 KiB) Viewed 2782 times

edga
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by edga » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:46 pm

Hi Everybody,

I thought I'd join in and share my timeline...

Eligibility criteria: 5 year Tier 1
Language criteria met: IELTS + Life In The UK
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Newcastle City Council
Date of application: 24/09/14
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of acknowledgment: 06/10/14
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 07/10/14
Date approval received: TBC
Date of ceremony: TBC

amjadboby

Post by amjadboby » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:00 pm

No approval for ages :( September timeline got jammed for so many days nobody getting approval, what happened to the home office?? I think it's because of the news on bbc regarding the british passport a man who got passport after murder in his own country, home office is slow down after that lol

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:32 pm

Things slowed down well before, but i hope that story doesn't have an effect on pending applications... :shock: