ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Continuous Period Calculation (T1-General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amonra
Newly Registered

ILR Continuous Period Calculation (T1-General)

Post by amonra » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:05 am

Hello,

I need help on my situation. I can not figure it out whether there is a break in my 5 years or not.

First T1 (General) on 04/01/2011 and entered to UK first time 24/04/2011.
Got first T1 extension and it is valid until 04/01/2016. (I am about to apply for second extension. It seems ok so far. )

The thing is that I changed my job last year. My previous contract ended on 07/07/2013 and my new contract started on 09/07/2013. So there is a one day gap. And I was taking my left holidays from my previous job at that time on abroad. I returned to UK on 08/07/2014.

I wonder whether this is a break or not? Can I apply for ILR starting from 25/04/2016? Otherwise If I have to calculate it from 09/07/2014, then I will not have enough time for ILR.

Could anybody please shed a light here? I think should be OK but I am not sure.

Thank you so much

Regards
Amon

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Continuous Period Calculation (T1-General)

Post by haiksuresh » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:37 am

You can apply for ILR on or after 27 March 2016. But as there is no extensions after 5th April 2015, you can get extended before that.

Your employment gap should be fine. But make sure for all absences get letter from employer.

Regards,
Suresh

amonra
Newly Registered

Post by amonra » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi
Thanks Suresh, but do you mean getting a letter from my previous employer as well? Do I have to provide it ? I do not think so my previous employer will give me a letter. Could you pls clarify it ?

Thanks and regards
Amon

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:57 am

amonra wrote:Hi
Thanks Suresh, but do you mean getting a letter from my previous employer as well? Do I have to provide it ? I do not think so my previous employer will give me a letter. Could you pls clarify it ?

Thanks and regards
Amon

technically it's better to have the letter but it's not a show stopper

you can substitute with your own letter that details absences and mentions that previous employer unwilling to provide/can't reach/ whatever

gap doesnt matter on tier 1
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**