ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong Type of Appointment (Tier1) booked, instead of SET (O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

datta_uk
Newly Registered

Wrong Type of Appointment (Tier1) booked, instead of SET (O)

Post by datta_uk » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:35 pm

Hi All,

I will be applying SET (O) application for PR, hence I booked the Appointment in ukba.homeoffice website, later understood that I have selected wrong type of application, i.e. I have selected “Tier1 (General)” instead of SET(O) and paid £2007 (Tier1 – General ) application fee.

Mates, have anybody got the same situation, should I cancel and rebook the appointment? Or will they accept if I submit SET (O) application on the same appointment day?

Today I have mailed to home office (ApplyOnlineE-Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk ), let’s see their response.

Meantime, if any of you had same experience, please share with me.

Thanks mates, all the best.

Best Regards,
Datta.

mrehanashraf

Re: Wrong Type of Appointment (Tier1) booked, instead of SET

Post by mrehanashraf » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:43 pm

My advice is to Cancel your Tier 1 appointment and book new SET(o) Appointment.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:10 am

hate to say this but i agree with the previous comment, cancel and rebook

the problem is not the wrong type of appointment recorded on their list (if that were the case i am sure you could successfully convince them, at least if it were not croydon)

but a fee paid for wrong type of application, that's a potential problem as this will mess with the processing of the application on the system

did you not notice at all that you were paying considerably more? ((
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

madnan24

Post by madnan24 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:49 am

Hello,

My advise would be to you that please cancel that appointment and rebook again with correct application.

HO will refuse your application and will not refund your money. Also I believe there is no cash counter so they can't give your money back or detect ILR fees from your Tier 1 General Fees.

I hope it helps.

Thanks.

datta_uk
Newly Registered

Post by datta_uk » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:58 am

Hi Mates (mrehanashraf, sagareva, madnan24),

Thank you very much for your advise in time.

As you advised, I have cancelled and re-booked the appointment.

I am following up with PSCAppointmentRefunds@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, to get back refund amount (i.e. I paid £2007 - £100 Non-Refundable -> 1907). Probably I get response on this week.

Now I started preparing the checklist.

Once again thanks for your immediate response.

Kind Regards,
Datta.