ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for Child benefit for my two daughters?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

a_f_khalid
Newly Registered

Can I apply for Child benefit for my two daughters?

Post by a_f_khalid » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:19 pm

Dear Sir
I am silent reader of this forum and honestly this is too much helpful for people. infect recently I have submitted my wife and Two daughters ILR visa application to the H.O. and biometric Has now been done.

my situation is :

One year ago I have got my ILR on the basis of tier1 G (completing 5 years) but that time i did not apply ILR for my dependants with me because my wife 2 years probationary period was uncompleted so currently they all are on PBS dependants visa therefore, after getting ILR i did apply my child benefits and child tax credit (no any other benefits being applied) and now I am getting those benefits recently my one of friends solicitor was told me that "you are not eligible for getting CB and CTC on behalf of your children because your children visa clearly says that NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUND therefore, you may get refusal for your family ILR

dear moderator can you please help me about this situation/confusion am i eligible for CB and CTC or not if not so what should i do before HO giving me their visa refusal
I will be highly appreciated to you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I apply for Child benefit for my SON?

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:26 pm

Your friends solicitor is wrong. It is not your children who are claiming benefits.

You can claim what you are entitled to as you have ILR.

Child benefit in your name and child tax credits in joint names with your spouse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

a_f_khalid
Newly Registered

Re: Can I apply for Child benefit for my two daughters?

Post by a_f_khalid » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:45 pm

Thank you so much CR001 for your prompt reply so there is no worry for my dependants ILR application which is already been in progress ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:59 pm

No as long as the relevant boxes were ticked on the application form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

a_f_khalid
Newly Registered

Post by a_f_khalid » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:11 am

dear CR001 i couldn't understand that what relevant boxes? i just ticked only child tax credit box because she in included with this tax as child tax credit requirements so i did tick child tax credit box only but i explain that why i ticked this box in next page of form because of hmrc requirements to include your partner for this tax but the money comes in my personal account not any one included with this account

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:56 pm

That should be fine then. HO know the rules about child tax credits so no need to worry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

a_f_khalid
Newly Registered

Post by a_f_khalid » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:15 pm

Dear CR001 i am very nice and appreciated to your co-operation in this regards
any ways now i am very satisfied and will let you know when i get something from H.O

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:26 pm

Good luck and I am sure it will all work out well for you and your family. Keep us updated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

a_f_khalid
Newly Registered

Post by a_f_khalid » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:13 am

Dear CR001
today i have received ILR approval from H.O for my family i am highly appreciated to your guidance and advise regarding child benefits and child tax credit really this forum and you people so much helpful i am again very thankful to you.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:45 am

Now you have ILR, no problem you claiming any benefits that your circumstances dictate you are entitled to.

Any such claim will have no impact upon any Citizenship application.
John

shah.ali12
Newly Registered

Post by shah.ali12 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:51 pm

hi
I am on ILR now, if I apply for child benefits and child tax credit for my kids, then could it effect my British citizenship application later on?
whoever have information please reply. thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:06 pm

No it won't. You're no longer under Immigration control.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.