ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born abroad to British Mother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

haidernchd
Newly Registered

Child born abroad to British Mother

Post by haidernchd » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi Forum

Could anyone please guide me a way out of the following situation.

Sister-in-Law borned in Pakistan got british citizenship because her mother was british citizen at the time of birth. Date of birth 12-08-1985.
Never lived in UK just came on or two times for very short holiday with her mother.
She came to uk 5 months ago gave birth to her 2nd Child in Nov.
Her first child is 5 years old daughter borned in Pakistan. She is on Visit Visa at present expiring on 15th Jan.
Now my sister in Law is planning to settle here permanently.

Her husband is Pakistani national works in Bahrain.

Can anyone please help how to register her five years old daughter in UK as she is not entitled to file an application as british citizen because her mother is British Citizen by descent. Is there any way her daughter can stay in UK apart from visit visa for which she has to leave the country.

Your help is much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child born abroad to British Mother

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:10 pm

Your question was answered in your previous post in the link below. The child would need a settlement visa which is applied for from Pakistan.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... l#p1107453
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.