ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

info regarding qualified person

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

afridi24

info regarding qualified person

Post by afridi24 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:12 pm

hello everyone and thanks in advance,
i have a question regarding qualified person, my wife is a qualified person and already complete her 5 years treaty right ,we have a baby girl and she look after her ,and my family permit will expire in 2018,does my wife still need to work till 2018 as she already qualified person ?i am working 25 hrs a week. thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: info regarding qualified person

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:29 pm

In that case simply send her ( national) eea3 application now for getting the confirmation of her permanent residence. Upon receiving her PR confirmation you will only need to attach it instead of attaching again any evidence of her treaty rights when you will apply your PR in future.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

ohojska

Post by ohojska » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:26 pm

sheraz7 wrote:In that case simply send her ( national) eea3 application now for getting the confirmation of her permanent residence. Upon receiving her PR confirmation you will only need to attach it instead of attaching again any evidence of her treaty rights when you will apply your PR in future.
I'm sorry to use the same tread but I have a similar situation and wasn't able to find any answer for my question. I (EU) was exercising Treaty Rights for 6 years. Never applied for EEA3 just straight away for the BC-still waiting for the outcome. My husband was forced by our estate agency to apply for his PR (EEA4)- still waiting for the response. Is his application will be successful if while the case is still pending I will stop working- we can't afford the child care and I'm currently on holiday post maternity leave? Would be grateful for any suggestions from the senior members.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:00 pm

You already obtained PR. As well as your husband (I assume he already completed 5 years of residence). You are not required to exercise treaty rights any more.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:15 pm

thanks seraz for answering my question , when i get family permit it state in the letter that your stay in the UK on the basis of eea national who is exercising treaty rights,becuase my wife maternity finish last month and she cant work anymore because of baby ,what i understand of your answer " you meant once my wife get PR then nothing gonna effect" in my previous post as i mention that through five years treaty rights our beautiful daughter get british passport so this mean she will get PR easily ? yes we filled the eea3 form and hopefully sending tomorrow. after all i need clarification, when my wife get PR then still she need to work untill my five years complete ?
thanks jambo .is your answer was for my post or other person who post ?

ohojska

Post by ohojska » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:31 pm

Jambo wrote:You already obtained PR. As well as your husband (I assume he already completed 5 years of residence). You are not required to exercise treaty rights any more.
I'm aware of my automatic PR as well as his one(5 years from the marriage ceremony passed in October), nevertheless the estate agency didn't want to acknowledge that that's why we applied for the EEA4. My concerned was that if HO will contact my employer to confirm the employment and what if by then I'll not return to work? Are my 6xP60s and my last payslips sufficient for the HO?

I'm sorry one more time for the creator of that tread for the confusion. My apologies.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:24 pm

@afridi
Your eu partner does not need to excerise her treaty rights further if she has excercised that continuously for the last 5 years. Simply send her eea3 application now to ease your future application for eea4.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:33 pm

Thanks seraz :)
Ohojska no problem dear you can post here if it's helpful :)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:48 pm

ohojska wrote:
Jambo wrote:You already obtained PR. As well as your husband (I assume he already completed 5 years of residence). You are not required to exercise treatey rights any more.
I'm aware of my automatic PR as well as his one(5 years from the marriage ceremony passed in October), nevertheless the estate agency didn't want to acknowledge that that's why we applied for the EEA4. My concerned was that if HO will contact my employer to confirm the employment and what if by then I'll not return to work? Are my 6xP60s and my last payslips sufficient for the HO?

I'm sorry one more time for the creator of that tread for the confusion. My apologies.
The caseworker know the law. If he will contact the employer it would be to confirm the 5 years not to check your current status.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

ohojska

Post by ohojska » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:11 pm

Jambo wrote:
ohojska wrote:
Jambo wrote:You already obtained PR. As well as your husband (I assume he already completed 5 years of residence). You are not required to exercise treatey rights any more.

The caseworker know the law. If he will contact the employer it would be to confirm the 5 years not to check your current status.
@Jambo
I feel a bit confused at the moment. I phoned twice to the HO and both of their team members told me that if I was exercising Treaty Rights on the date of the application everything should be fine BUT if for some reason my husband's application would be refused and we would decide to reapply that time apparently he wouldn't be qualified because I would stop exercising my Treaty Rights( not coming back to work after maternity). I can't apply for EEA3 meanwhile because I already was continuously exercising Treaty Rights and applied for my BC 2,5months ago but I'm expecting it will take forever considering current speed of approving EU application without the EEA3... According to them I need to be exercising my Treaty Rights continuously until his PR will be granted.

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:49 pm

Hello everyone, thanks for helping, my wife received PR today ,