ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU National - How to sponsor for Spouse?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vensai

EU National - How to sponsor for Spouse?

Post by Vensai » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:42 pm

I am an EU National and moved to UK couple of months back. I am not working at the moment but have started looking for a job. My Husband is a non EU national and entered UK in a Tier 2 Short term ICT visa and is currently working.

I would like to sponsor him for a residence card so that he can start working or seek job independent of the Tier 2 Visa. But given that I am not working yet, I have the following questions:
1. Should I get a CSI immediately for me and my husband? I have still not crossed the 3 month window after arriving in UK.
2. If I get a CSI, can I then apply to UKBA to prove my residence as a self sufficient person (if I still don't get a job)?
3. IfI prove my residence as a self sufficient person, will I be able to sponsor my Husband for residence card though I am not working?
4.Also, can #3 and #2 be applied for at the same time in a single application?
5. I had registerd and recieved NHS card (made few doctor visits as well). So,If I get CSI, can I still use NHS or should not use it? And will registering/usage of NHS within these 3 months impact these applications in any way. I am not claiming any other benefits other than NHS.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Vensai

Re: EU National - How to sponsor for Spouse?

Post by Vensai » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:49 pm

Any inputs is greatly appreciated. Also, can anyone who have taken CSI advise which company provides a good coverage and what qualifies as 'CSI'.

Thanking in anticipation.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:39 pm

If you are not working but your non eu partner is working & earning then can definitely become self sufficient on his income. You will need to buy csi policy covering your family in most of circumstances. But make sure that you as an eu national must have access to those funds ideally through joint account or regular transfer of funds into your individual
account. And be clarified that for buying any policy you will have to register with nhs and registering with nhs does not affect as long as you have csi policy. If you do google search or search the forum then can find about csi companies.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Vensai

Post by Vensai » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:49 pm

sheraz7 wrote:If you are not working but your non eu partner is working & earning then can definitely become self sufficient on his income. You will need to buy csi policy covering your family in most of circumstances. But make sure that you as an eu national must have access to those funds ideally through joint account or regular transfer of funds into your individual
account. And be clarified that for buying any policy you will have to register with nhs and registering with nhs does not affect as long as you have csi policy. If you do google search or search the forum then can find about csi companies.
Thanks Much that really helped!!!

When I file for self sufficiency, can I also sponsor and apply for Residence Permit of my spouse? Or will there be any issue with this since it sounds to be a vicious cycle - I claim Self sufficiency cos he is employed and then sponsor him for RP since I am self sufficient ?? Issue is, he is currently on a Tier 2 ICT short term visa which is valid only for a year.

Appreciate your response.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:14 pm

As long as the criteria of self sufficiency is fulfilled there will be no problem regardless of when his tier 2 visa will be expiring.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS