ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year continuous legal stay ILR query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aman5

10 year continuous legal stay ILR query

Post by aman5 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:28 pm

Hi Everyone

I had 2 specific query(s) related to ILR and would be grateful if members have a go at it....

If a person has applied for ILR and then after already sending his/her ILR application later receives his/her SAR file from the Home Office in which there are certain documents which the person wants to send to the Home, can the person subsequently send these additional documents to the Home Office in support of his/her earlier ILR application?

The second query is related to the first one....once a person sends his/her ILR application to the Home Office, does the person get a generic reference number/acknowledgement from the Home Office or would he/she get an acknowledgment from a specific caseworker from the Home Office?

I ask this question for as I have indicated in my first query, if subsequently a person needs to send some additional documents in support of his earlier ILR application to the Home Office, would he/she be able to send these additional documents to a specific caseworker who may be handling his/her case at the Home Office?

avylon
Newly Registered

Re: 10 year continuous legal stay ILR query

Post by avylon » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:47 pm

Hi, Had been reading this forum and never thought I'd been in this situation now. Had been a student from 15th Sept 2004 until 26th October 2012 finished Masters from UEL. and applied for FLR to attend my convocation due in December 2012 and got rejected and been given a chance for Tribunal on 09th Sept 2014 (Yeah after 2yrs) which was just 5 days short for completing 10yrs still don't know is that good or bad Luck, attended the tribunal on 9th Sept 2014 and tribunal decision was not given immediately, but expected the results would be given for Upper-Tribunal. Tribunal decision was pending and cash hungry Solicitor charged £1500 suggested to apply for SET(LR) along with FLR(M) for my dependent which we did on 11th Sept 2014. Sad news is both of us lost the existing jobs as our employer enquires (Home office Employee Check Services) on the recent applications, ECS came out negative. On 2nd October received Tribunal results as expected had been passed for upper-tribunals, no where to go, no work to do if we go to the solicitor she explains about section 3c & 3d and says HO had sent a wrong ESC and if we go to our employer they just show us the ECS letter from HO, already written many letters to HO but no reply, also need to add that I haven't written my Life in UK as the passport was with HO all this while but requested for a acknowledge copy to sit for the LIUK exam. So confused that I had to come here for proper guidance. Can any1 please suggest what to do next or atleast give a ray of hope. Thank in adv.

SET(LR) & FLR(M) application sent on - 11th Sept 2014.
HO. Acknowledgement received - 15th Sept 2014.
Bio-metrics received on 01/10/2014 and done on 17/10/2014.
Decision still pending.....