ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence SET (O) applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nand1980redd
Newly Registered

10 years long residence SET (O) applications

Post by nand1980redd » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:20 am

Hello every one,

wanted your advice with regard to 10 years ILR

6 years student
2 years PSW
2 years Tier1

no long gaps only visited india 2 times in 10 years
1 visit was for 4 months
2 visit was for 5 months
my tier1 visa is going to expire on the 1 feb 2013 i came to uk on student visa 31 Jan 2003 can i be eligible for the 10 years visa as my visa is going to expire on the 1 feb 2013 can i apply for the 10 years visa after Jan 1 2013 will i be elligible As i already said the entry date is 31 Jan 2003 on my passport when i first entered the Uk as student but i actually got my entry clearance on the 10 Nov 2002 my question is should i have to count the entry date to UK or else can i start from the Entry Clearance from 10 Nov 2003 the visa issue Date as there is provision that you can apply for the ILR if you have entered the Uk with in the 90 days period from the date of issue of the visa, Can you please clarify with regard to this

your advice is very much appreciated

jamiluddin

hi

Post by jamiluddin » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:00 am

you are elligible to apply for 10 year long residence visa ,you can apply 28 days beofre 31st January 2013 , so you can apply anytime now

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence SET (O) applications

Post by shahfurqan » Thu May 22, 2014 1:29 am

hi All could anyone help me out sincerely with my queries which am really unable to find the best advice.
Am about to apply for indefinite leave to remain under 10 years long residence and i have following questions in my mind.
1-the total number of days excluding date of departure and arrival date i have spent outside UK are 528 days.Do i still qualify?
2-when counting days by ukba,do they count date left UK and date returned to the UK?
3-how many days in a month counts by ukba?
4-when counting February,does ukba count only 28 or 29 days or full 30 days and same when counts any month of 31 days,do they count actually 31 days or 30 days.
5-i left the UK on 26th of February and came back on 10th of march so how many days i shall be considered outside UK

option(A):13days(including date left and returned option(b) 12 days(considering February 29 days option(c) 13days(treating February 30 days.

i would really appreciate if somebody help me out with my queries.Thanks

avylon
Newly Registered

Post by avylon » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:58 pm

Hi, Had been reading this forum and never thought I'd been in this situation now. Had been a student from 15th Sept 2004 until 26th October 2012 finished Masters from UEL. and applied for FLR to attend my convocation due in December 2012 and got rejected and been given a chance for Tribunal on 09th Sept 2014 (Yeah after 2yrs) which was just 5 days short for completing 10yrs still don't know is that good or bad Luck, attended the tribunal on 9th Sept 2014 and tribunal decision was not given immediately, but expected the results would be given for Upper-Tribunal. Tribunal decision was pending and cash hungry Solicitor charged £1500 suggested to apply for SET(LR) along with FLR(M) for my dependent which we did on 11th Sept 2014. Sad news is both of us lost the existing jobs as our employer enquires (Home office Employee Check Services) on the recent applications, ECS came out negative. On 2nd October received Tribunal results as expected had been passed for upper-tribunals, no where to go, no work to do if we go to the solicitor she explains about section 3c & 3d and says HO had sent a wrong ESC and if we go to our employer they just show us the ECS letter from HO, already written many letters to HO but no reply, also need to add that I haven't written my Life in UK as the passport was with HO all this while but requested for a acknowledge copy to sit for the LIUK exam. So confused that I had to come here for proper guidance. Can any1 please suggest what to do next or atleast give a ray of hope. Thank in adv.

SET(LR) & FLR(M) application sent on - 11th Sept 2014.
HO. Acknowledgement received - 15th Sept 2014.
Bio-metrics received on 01/10/2014 and done on 17/10/2014.
Decision still pending.....

baba JJ

Post by baba JJ » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:57 am

avylon wrote:Hi, Had been reading this forum and never thought I'd been in this situation now. Had been a student from 15th Sept 2004 until 26th October 2012 finished Masters from UEL. and applied for FLR to attend my convocation due in December 2012 and got rejected and been given a chance for Tribunal on 09th Sept 2014 (Yeah after 2yrs) which was just 5 days short for completing 10yrs still don't know is that good or bad Luck, attended the tribunal on 9th Sept 2014 and tribunal decision was not given immediately, but expected the results would be given for Upper-Tribunal. Tribunal decision was pending and cash hungry Solicitor charged £1500 suggested to apply for SET(LR) along with FLR(M) for my dependent which we did on 11th Sept 2014. Sad news is both of us lost the existing jobs as our employer enquires (Home office Employee Check Services) on the recent applications, ECS came out negative. On 2nd October received Tribunal results as expected had been passed for upper-tribunals, no where to go, no work to do if we go to the solicitor she explains about section 3c & 3d and says HO had sent a wrong ESC and if we go to our employer they just show us the ECS letter from HO, already written many letters to HO but no reply, also need to add that I haven't written my Life in UK as the passport was with HO all this while but requested for a acknowledge copy to sit for the LIUK exam. So confused that I had to come here for proper guidance. Can any1 please suggest what to do next or atleast give a ray of hope. Thank in adv.

SET(LR) & FLR(M) application sent on - 11th Sept 2014.
HO. Acknowledgement received - 15th Sept 2014.
Bio-metrics received on 01/10/2014 and done on 17/10/2014.
Decision still pending.....
Sorry to hear that you have been misled by these dubious lawyers. I would suggest that you close the case with the Upper Tribunal n state that you are making a fresh application based on the 10 year Legal rule. Your legally covered for between 2012-2014 under Section 3c & 3d.

Your lawyer should have made the application request for your during Hearing on the 9th of Sept as you qualified under the 10 year rule sometime in late August.

The lawyer also made a wrong decision for applying for your FLR(M) for your wife when you have not been granted ILR yet ?? He should have maintained that file open at the upper Tribunal so your wife will still be covered under 3c & 3d ( Playing the system)

I hate to say this but your Lawyer is not a good lawyer, take his advise with a pinch of salt

Cisco89
Newly Registered

Post by Cisco89 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:02 am

i Kindly someone suggest me I completed lawful 10 yeas on March this year and next year march through Tier 1 I will complete 5 year.
My wife got spouse visa on Dec 2011 in Pakistan and came here in June 2012 and she went back on Sept. 2012. She came back again in July 2013 and since this date she lives here.
My question is which route for getting ILR would be more beneficial and less risky

Either
1) If I apply on 10 year long residency base - But what will happen then with my wife ?
2) If I apply on Tier 1 base - But what will happen then with my wife ?

I am just worried about my wife as some people said as she got spouse visa before july 2012 so she could only spent 2 years to get ILR but many says she is to spend 5 years from the date of getting FLRM visa

Please help me if you know something

I will really appreciate your suggestion

Thanks
Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:07 am

Cisco89 wrote: many says she is to spend 5 years from the date of getting FLRM visa
Correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

securitas
Newly Registered

Post by securitas » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:50 pm

my date
applied 21/08/2014
ack 27/08/2014

bio matric invi 23/09/2014
enrolled 30/09/2014

stilll waiting