ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Test for Dependant - KoLL

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kayramu
Newly Registered

English Language Test for Dependant - KoLL

Post by kayramu » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:11 pm

Hi,
This website has been really helpful in providing priceless information.
I’ve planned to go for ILR in Jan last week of 2015. I’ve a query regarding the English Language requirement for dependant. I’ve checked this on the website but the discussions were too old (20014, 2006)

My wife has done her Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) from JNTU University, Andhra Pradesh in 2003. Her certificate doesn’t state that she was taught in English. So I applied for a Certificate from JNTU today and got a generic template without including her name.
It just states that “This is to certify that thus University is offering all the courses of study in ENGLISH MEDIUM of instruction only. This certificate is issued on the request of the individuals”. When we asked her to have a specific certificate with name, we were told that this will be sufficient.

So, will this be valid for the English Language Requirement (KoLL) for my wife to go for ILR? Additionally I’m planning to take a PBS Calculator for her as JNTU and her course is recognised in PBS and can show that she gets 30 points.

You help is deeply appreciated here.
Last edited by kayramu on Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: English Language Test for Dependant - KoLL

Post by UKBALoveStory » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:12 pm

No need for certificate if she is getting 10 points for her degree for English. Just take the print out of the PBS calculator
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:16 am

Hi kayramu,

I am also in similar situation, my wife also graduated from JNTU Kakinada and need to prove her English qualification.

Can you please let me know the procedure to apply for that generic letter ? also would you mind sharing that letter to me on my email id : n.varmas@gmail.com

finally, have you tried getting a letter from her college (If at all she actually studied in a college affiliated to JNTU K), my wife already got a letter from her college but not sure if they consider that college.

Thanks,
Srikanth.

kayramu
Newly Registered

Post by kayramu » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:26 pm

Thanks UKBALoveStory.
Srikanth, will drop you the details in your email. If we just ask for Elglish Language Certificate they will do the needful.

Got more details from this link that UKBA accepts PBS with Original Degree will be considered.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 51946.html