ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Minimum Salary - allowance included or not?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mansourr61
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Minimum Salary - allowance included or not?

Post by mansourr61 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:04 pm

Hi,

This is my first post here in the immigrationboards.com and I hope you guys can help me.

I am applying for Tier 2 for a Band 5 Engineering role. The minimum salary for my job title is £23,800 as a new entrant.

My basic salary is £21,500 with a London allowance of around $4,200 which makes it £25,700 in total which is well above the minimum salary.

I the Tier 2 guidance, it is stated that: When we assess the appropriate rate, and when we award points for appropriate salary, we will consider salaries and allowances as follows:
We will consider basic pay (excluding overtime) plus any allowances (such as London weighting) or bonuses, which would also be paid to a settled worker in similar Tier 2 Policy Guidance (Version 011/2014) Page 25 circumstances, provided these allowances and or bonuses are part of your guaranteed salary package.
which means the allowance is included.

My problem is that, in the tier 2 application form I am asked for: Gross annual salary (not including allowances) and there is not any other question regarding the amount of my allowance.

Now, I am confused, whether or not the allowance is part of the salary for calculating the minimum salary.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mansour

mansourr61
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Minimum Salary - allowance included or not?

Post by mansourr61 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:34 pm

Can someone please answer my question? it is really important for me.

Thanks

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:44 pm

i believe the online application does have a separate question on allowances figure ?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf
Check Question M11.

mansourr61
Newly Registered

Post by mansourr61 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:44 pm

Thank you :)