ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (LR) Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ihameed30

SET (LR) Application

Post by ihameed30 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:36 pm

I have applied ILR on basis of 10 years.

I have only submitted my degree certificate i done from UK (London Metropolitan Uni) for proof of my English language language understanding. I didn't attached any transcript or anything else. Is this Ok??

Also,

My wife and kid (Born in UK) are currently my dependents and have valid visa til 2016. I know my kid can apply for British passport after i get ILR.

But can my wife travel on current status until 2016 after i get ILR OR we have to change it straightaway to spouse as soon as i receive my ILR.

Can she travel on her existing visa which is dependent after i get ILR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET (LR) Application

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:42 pm

I have only submitted my degree certificate i done from UK (London Metropolitan Uni) for proof of my English language language understanding. I didn't attached any transcript or anything else. Is this Ok??
Yes, this is fine.
I know my kid can apply for British passport after i get ILR.
Only a British Citizen can apply for a British Passport. Your child is not yet British. You will have to register the child on form MN1 as British and only once you receive the registration certificate, can you apply for childs passport.
But can my wife travel on current status until 2016 after i get ILR OR we have to change it straightaway to spouse as soon as i receive my ILR.
Because you have applied for ILR through 10 years long residency, your wife will have to switch to FLR(M) and meet the financial and English requirements. The rules changed in April this year. If she travels on her current visa after you have received ILR, she might have difficulties coming back into the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sancha

Post by sancha » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:33 am

Thanks CR001, is there any time line for dependant to apply flr-m after husband get his ilr on 10 years basis? Please consider that wife has long validity visa as tier 4 dependant and husband got ilr. Thanks in advance

ihameed30

Post by ihameed30 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:46 pm

Thnks very much. Can anymore throw more light on ..if my wife can travel on current leave after my ILR.