ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ibbzy

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Ibbzy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:47 pm

Maria123 wrote:
Ibbzy wrote:Salam, my wife applied on the 27th august from islamabad...i do beleive the ECO are just taking it easy and not bothering with Pakistani applications much. Anyway i hope it happens within the next couple weeks if notthen mid jan i think as they will be off for Christmas right?
HI, Can you please let me know when you hear anything because then October applicants will probably hear soon after that.
Salam,

Well i started chasing it up myself after 12 weeks had elapsed, i rang up to find what was happening, to which i was told that the application was in process. the following week i emailed and received a response asking for further details as it has been over 12 weeks, once i gave those details, i was emailed and told my wifes application has been escalated, to the relevant department and i should receive a reply within 5 working days, after 4 days i received an email saying that the online application and pre asessment have been concluded just further enquiries to be done. After another 2 days i received and email saying that the passport is now in the BHC islamabad but unfortunately the processing is taking long and they wont be able to conclude the application within the published customer service standard but they hope to get it done asap and once its done they will email again and send documents to the visa application centre, so just waiting again, its going to be 15+ weeks on wednesday i believe

Regards:
Ibz
Application and biometrics submitted - 27August 2014
Visa Refused - 17 December 2014
Online appeal submitted - 9th January 2015
Notice of a pending appeal - 27th January 2015
Bundle received back from BHC ISB (apparently) - 24th February 2015

mooty

Post by mooty » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:50 pm

Between what hours one can collect the documents from from VAC Lahore?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:52 pm

king2be98 wrote:Friend's brother's situation

Application type: Spouse Visa
Application Date: 02 September (Submitted Lahore)
Phone call to employer: 03 November
Application Approved and Passport Collected: 04 December

Employer received call to verify employment and salary.

Friend's situation.

Application type: Spouse Visa
Application Date: 02 September (Submitted Lahore)
Application Result: Still Pending
Please try and lower the tone of your post.

It was a close call, but I decided not to ban you.

Please try not to Insult fellow users
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Maria123
Newly Registered

Post by Maria123 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:42 pm

Ibbzy wrote:
Maria123 wrote:
Ibbzy wrote:Salam, my wife applied on the 27th august from islamabad...i do beleive the ECO are just taking it easy and not bothering with Pakistani applications much. Anyway i hope it happens within the next couple weeks if notthen mid jan i think as they will be off for Christmas right?
HI, Can you please let me know when you hear anything because then October applicants will probably hear soon after that.
Salam,

Well i started chasing it up myself after 12 weeks had elapsed, i rang up to find what was happening, to which i was told that the application was in process. the following week i emailed and received a response asking for further details as it has been over 12 weeks, once i gave those details, i was emailed and told my wifes application has been escalated, to the relevant department and i should receive a reply within 5 working days, after 4 days i received an email saying that the online application and pre asessment have been concluded just further enquiries to be done. After another 2 days i received and email saying that the passport is now in the BHC islamabad but unfortunately the processing is taking long and they wont be able to conclude the application within the published customer service standard but they hope to get it done asap and once its done they will email again and send documents to the visa application centre, so just waiting again, its going to be 15+ weeks on wednesday i believe

Regards:
Ibz
Wslaam,

So basically most of the process on your application has been completed. I have a feeling you will hear within this month or early January. Good Luck!!

Ibbzy

Post by Ibbzy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:08 pm

In sha Allah!!!

Does anyone know after collecting your passport how long do you have to travel out of the country? Ive heard various things like 21 days 28 days to 3 months?
Regards:
Ibz

nabeelsultan2000

Post by nabeelsultan2000 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:13 pm

mooty wrote: They have conducted interviews in July this year due to concern around the authenticity of English Language tests. Do you have anything peculiar around your case? what language test have taken? They rarely conduct interview now a days though. All the best!
IELTS 7 bands

nabeelsultan2000

Post by nabeelsultan2000 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:14 pm

Assalam o alikum........done my interview today at BHC so tired will give you details Tomorrow insha ALLAH

Asim khan

Post by Asim khan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:34 pm

Nabeelsultan
If u dont mind me asking what was ur interview about ..what was the urgency ..?did u go bhc for that ..whats the atmosphère like ..

Asim khan

Post by Asim khan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:35 pm

Ibzzy did u apply From Islamabad.. i applied same date as u ..

Ibbzy

Post by Ibbzy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:04 pm

Asim, yes my wife applied on the 27th August 11:30am appointment VIP service and yep at islamabad

saiqahK
Newly Registered

Post by saiqahK » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:36 pm

hi

BilalMohammed

did you have a delcaration for your savings ? or just your bank statements

Maria123
Newly Registered

Post by Maria123 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:44 pm

Ibbzy wrote:In sha Allah!!!

Does anyone know after collecting your passport how long do you have to travel out of the country? Ive heard various things like 21 days 28 days to 3 months?
Regards:
Ibz

After collecting the passport your wife will have 3 months to travel as her visa will be for 33 months which will include 3 months travel time. However it would be best to travel asap because incase you plan to go pakistan again wothin the 33months for holiday or something, it will give you more time.

th3

Post by th3 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:05 pm

For those Appealing a decision, here's the process:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ures-apl01

Then you get an "ECM Appeal Review":
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... view-apl07

As a side... BHC Document Verification is done by another branch within the Visa section, not an ECO (Visa Support Assistant). Here's a typical sample: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... xample.pdf

Detailed Document Report: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... xample.pdf
Marriage 06/2011 | Visit Visa 08/2012 | Back to UK 01/2013
Applied Mirpur Cat A 12/03/14
Forwarded BHC 24/03
Escalated 1st 13/08, 2nd 10/10, 3rd 05/11

Further checking 1st 10/11, 2nd 19/11
Visa processed date 26/11, email 28/11
Visa Refused

fawad iftikhar

Post by fawad iftikhar » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:29 am

Ibbzy wrote:
Maria123 wrote:
Salam,

Regards:
Ibz

Aoa Ibbzy,

I also applied 4 days after you but i applied from Karachi. Please keep me posted if you hear back from them any soon :(
bio-metrics(Khi)- 02 Sept 14
RFC 24 dec 14 : rejected on financial grounds
Jan 8 15 : appealed (oral) inside the UK
Feb 23 15 : notice of pending appeal with ECM deadline till 6 June 2015

BilalMohammed
Newly Registered

Post by BilalMohammed » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:30 am

saiqahK wrote:hi

BilalMohammed

Yes you need to have a delcaration for your savings ? or just your bank statements
No declaration as well, because they need to know where the savings have come from for e.g employment, gift. and also confirm its legal savings.

Miss Sunshine
Newly Registered

Post by Miss Sunshine » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:51 am

Ibbzy wrote:In sha Allah!!!

Regards:
Ibz

Hi Ibzzy,

My hubby came over last week. We were told he needed to travel within 3 months but I made sure he was over within 28 days just to be on the safe side. I think it will looks better for the ILR application if the person arrives quicker. Plus you want to be with your spouse ASAP after months of stress right? :lol: :wink:

Miss Sunshine
Newly Registered

Post by Miss Sunshine » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:37 am

Th3,

So sad to hear you didn't get the visa. :cry: Sometimes these ECO's are so friggin heartless, they just don't care! Keep your chin up and don't lose hope. Trust in Allah swa and He will reward you soon. Praying for you Bro.

greattaurus99

Post by greattaurus99 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:01 am

nabeelsultan2000 wrote:Assalam o alikum........done my interview today at BHC so tired will give you details Tomorrow insha ALLAH
Waiting for your reply bro. As my case is exactly like urs my wife in receipt of DLA. We also applied on financial exemption basis. Applied in July 31st. Did they ring you or sent an email to setup the interview date and time. What questions they asked u and your mrs ? Thanks
Syed Salman Gilani
31/07/2014: Biometrics & Application - Islamabad
14/10/2014: Pre assessment and online verification done
10/11/2014: Not yet been assessed by an ECO
26/11/2014: In Progress
05/12/2014: Further enquiries/checks
10/12/2014: Call from Gerry's
11/12/2014: VISA GRANTED :)

Nm.123

Post by Nm.123 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:20 am

Recieved the email today to say my Visa application has been processed. Remember me in your prayers people hopefully its positive news!

mooty

Post by mooty » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:16 am

@Nm.123. Good Luck! I hope that it's going to be a good news!

Miss Sunshine
Newly Registered

Post by Miss Sunshine » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:38 am

Nm.123 wrote:Recieved the email today to say my Visa application has been processed. Remember me in your prayers people hopefully its positive news!
Good Luck Nm.123! Praying it's good news for you...

taj14

Post by taj14 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:09 am

FiNALLY i have got the email.

Dear Customer,

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. THIS MAILBOX IS NOT MONITORED.

This is an email to confirm that your UK visa application has been processed and will now be returned to the Visa Application Centre.

You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your passport and documents are ready for collection. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre before they have contacted you.

You are reminded that you should avoid making travel plans until you have collected your passport.
If you need to contact us you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration
British High Commission Islamabad
www.gov.uk/ukvi

now i m waiting for call from gerry's to collect passport.
pray for me.

reggie123

Post by reggie123 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:03 pm

taj14 wrote:FiNALLY i have got the email.

Dear Customer,

This is an email to confirm that your UK visa application has been processed and will now be returned to the Visa Application Centre.

You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your passport and documents are ready for collection. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre before they have contacted you.

You are reminded that you should avoid making travel plans until you have collected your passport.
If you need to contact us you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at http://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration
http://www.gov.uk/ukvi

pray for me.
Taj14,

Inshallah it will be good news, when did you apply ?

greattaurus99

Post by greattaurus99 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:09 pm

taj14 wrote:FiNALLY i have got the email.

Dear Customer,

If you need to contact us you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at http://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration
http://www.gov.uk/ukvi

pray for me.
congrats ..... inshallah ur visa will be granted.
Syed Salman Gilani

greattaurus99

Post by greattaurus99 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:11 pm

Nm.123 wrote:Recieved the email today to say my Visa application has been processed. Remember me in your prayers people hopefully its positive news!
inshallah it will be a good news and ur visa will be granted
Syed Salman Gilani