ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Competency

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jammy
Newly Registered

English Language Competency

Post by Jammy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:54 pm

Hello Forum Members,

I am in the process of applying for HSMP and have some questions about proving English Langauge competency. I am from Bangalore in India and did my BE from Bangalore university. To prove that the medium taught was English, is it OK if I get a letter from the College I studied and get that endorsed from the University, like seal and signature? Do I need to submit anything else also along with this.
The problem is that my University is not ready to give this certificate by itself instead they are asking us to get a letter from the college where I studied and then they will endorse it.

Can someone let me know as I am stuck here and am running out of time real fast.

Arunkm_01
Newly Registered

Post by Arunkm_01 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:58 pm

jst get the reference letter from your std college and submit in university if you know anybody in your college definetly they will help you.
Last edited by Arunkm_01 on Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arunkm_01
Newly Registered

Post by Arunkm_01 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:01 pm

letter should be from university...so get reference letter from college then submit in university ,will issue a letter for you.

Jammy
Newly Registered

Post by Jammy » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:30 pm

The problem is that University does not issue any letter on their letter head. So we have actually got a letter from my college with my principal's signature. The same letter is now signed and sealed by the Registrar of the Bangalore university. The letter mention my name, registration number (that matches the one in my degree certificate) and that the course was taught in English.

Jammy
Newly Registered

Post by Jammy » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:57 pm

Somebody please respond!!

Arunkm_01
Newly Registered

Post by Arunkm_01 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:01 pm

HI,
Did you enquired in BU, if you request them to give in their letter head,
i think they will help you.
from college you have to get request reference letter to Register to issue a english language letter.
i think you took english language letter from college itself thats why they sealed on that.

finaly tell your concern to Asst Register.

good luck

shaik
Newly Registered

Post by shaik » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:23 pm

Hi Jammy,

I know persons who got letter from bangalore University, and applied for HSMP.so, i wont be a problem getting letter from BU, U can try getting reference from u r college to university.

raghuraman
Newly Registered

Post by raghuraman » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:53 pm

You could try this website www.yourmaninindia.com
I think they might get it done for you - although it is meant for NRIs check with them.
Please check if Bangalore university has any students advisory bureau.
It is always better to get the certificate from the university as they are the ones who issue the degree.
I got it done from University of Madras in two working days. There is a students advisory bureau, and I had to give a demand draft in favour of the registrar for Rs 100 and they gave the certificate in two working days.
Good luck

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:56 pm

raghuraman wrote:You could try this website www.yourmaninindia.com
I think they might get it done for you -
Nothing from this firm will be accepted by the HSMP team as evidence.

VIctoria
Going..going...gone!

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:20 pm

There was a discussion already made on this forum itself. Please try to search atleast once before you make some request. FYI, BU generally provide that in a letter head....

good luck

raghuraman
Newly Registered

Post by raghuraman » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:21 pm

VictoriaS wrote:
raghuraman wrote:You could try this website www.yourmaninindia.com
I think they might get it done for you -
Nothing from this firm will be accepted by the HSMP team as evidence.

VIctoria
Hi
this website just helps you in getting the certificate from the university but they do not issue any certificate. The university of Madras asks for the photocopy of degree certificate and confirms the medium of instruction for a fee of Rs.100. Instead of you standing in the queue and submitting the docs and fee, a representative from this company will stand and collect and post it to you. Simple. The home office only looks if the document is authentic and from the right source - and not who stood in the queue and paid the fee.

azharalam
Newly Registered

VTU university letter saying I was taught in English

Post by azharalam » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:32 pm

Hello members,
Currently I am in UK ,now aplying for HSMP, but came to know that it requires letter from university saying I was taught in English, and hence I will be visiting bangalore for 2 weeks, Is it possible to obtain the letter within 2 weeks time please advise if there is certain procedure to be followed.

Thank u very much in advance.
Azhar!