ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employed income evidence questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alice Rickards
Newly Registered

Self Employed income evidence questions

Post by Alice Rickards » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:30 pm

I am self employed and applying for HSMP. Does Company audited accounts and company tax return mean that your documents have been authorised by an accountant?

My personal tax return and my so called 'company' tax return is the same thing as I am a freelance violinist who gets employed by different people all the time. I'm not quite sure about what the difference between me as an applicant and me as a business/company is and how I can give documents for both applicants tax return and bank statments and in addition give either company audited accounts+company tax return, or unaudited business/management accounts confirming total amount claimed showing business bank statments with a business tax return. I'm not sure what the differences are.

If your total amount claimed falls outside the income of you tax return is it a good idea to get a supporting letter from accountant to confirm your income for the period?

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:55 pm

Hi Alice,

I applied as self employed last month successfully and did not include audit records or letter from accountant.

They ask for a lot in the guidance notes don't they? Just give them what you have with regards to accounting records and you should be fine.

good luck,

LondonBlonde

ashutosh19
Newly Registered

help

Post by ashutosh19 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:28 pm

hello Alica,
I am also a self employed person besides my full time job. soon i will be applying for HSMP. I have all the necessary documents except the "Contract from the employer". Any chance you have a copy of yours or some templet i can borrow?
I will be highly greatful to you.
Regards
Ashutosh