ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 registration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ak0152
Newly Registered

MN1 registration

Post by ak0152 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:28 pm

Hi Everyone
I have been a silent user of this forum for a very long time ,currently I am waiting for my ilr application outcome which I sent on 16th of September .I need some information on MN1 registration as my son is 20 month old now and currently he don't hold any nationality as i never bothered to apply for his Pakistani Passport.

Here are my questions for everyone

1.Under what section I should register my son as British Citizen?

2.Also there is question in the form asking child current nationality so what should I put there ?

by the way here is my set LR time line

set lr apllication posted ; 16/09/2014
biometrics letter dated 01/10/2014 recieved ; 04/10/2014
biometrics recorded :06/10/2014
decision ;still waiting

Kindly response to my questions

Regards
Adeel

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: MN1 registration

Post by UKBALoveStory » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:14 pm

Your son has the same nationality as you have. He just don't hold the passport, so in nationality, it is Pakistani. Section is 1(3) if he is born in UK.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:29 am

generally if your child does not hold any passport it does not mean he has no nationality

i am not familiar with pakistani law but perhaps it recognises him as pakistani at birth if both of his parents are pakistani?

in some countries you have to specifically solicit citizenship for a child born abroad, so he coul dbe still pakistani or failing that stateless
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:02 am

He is currently Pakistani and even after getting the British citizenship, he will become duel national. As per Pakistani law you can hold two nationalities at same time.

After you get you ILR. You can apply his MN1 Under section 1(3).
ZR

Venkat79
Newly Registered

Post by Venkat79 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:27 pm

Hi All,

I need advise about registering my children born in UK as British Citizen.
My children were born when I had Tier2 and Tier-1 visas. Last month, I got my ILR. My wife still has 'Leave to Enter' as Tier-1 dependent and won't be eligible for ILR until 2017.

Can you please advise, whether currently I can apply registration as British Citizen for my children under section 1(3)?

Reason I ask:
FAQ above says-
"In the child was born in the UK before one parent had ILR/PR, then once one parent is granted ILR, the child is entitled register as BC under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act irrespective of their immigration status."

while the MN1 guideline on Page 10 says-
"A child born in the UK whose parents are not British citizens and were not settled in the UK (see page 6) will have an entitlement to register when their parents become settled in the UK or become British citizens."

Reading the guideline, I see use of word 'parents' which implies that both parents need to be either settled or be british citizens.
Please help.

Regards,
Venkat

Venkat79
Newly Registered

Post by Venkat79 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:56 am

Hi All,

Can you please advise me on above query?

Thanks,
Venkat

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:59 am

One parent holding ILR is sufficient under Section 1(3).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:21 pm

See also this thread

Venkat79
Newly Registered

Post by Venkat79 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:59 pm

Thank you very much. I am applying next week, will update with Outcome.

Thanks.

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:05 am

vinny wrote:One parent holding ILR is sufficient under Section 1(3).
Hi Vinny,
I am applying for my daughter under section 1(3) she is 3 years old and she lived out of country half of her time.
Many people on this forum filling up Section 2 and writing date of birth where they asked date of arrival. I have checked the guidance and according to my understanding the Section 2 is not relevant to applications under Section 1(3). I find all the questions in that section irrelevant.

Can you please suggest whether i should leave that page blank? OR If i have to answer all those questions then i believe i need to provide them a Passport of my daughter as well.

Many Thanks.
ZR

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:25 am

Possibly blank. Passport not required, if it doesn't exist.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:31 am

vinny wrote:Possibly blank. Passport not required, if it doesn't exist.
Thanks for your reply..

I have all the documents ready but unfortuntelly the earliest appointment available at NCS is 13 Jan 2015.. Can i apply through any other NCS or it has to be my local NCS. It was very hard for me to get the references and i am not sure if it will get outdated by that time. Is there any time limit after writing the dates on the form.

Secondly, If i apply through post.. can i just send my childs original passort and photocopy of mine.

Many Thanks..
ZR

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:07 am

zzzindagi wrote:
vinny wrote:Possibly blank. Passport not required, if it doesn't exist.
Thanks for your reply..

I have all the documents ready but unfortuntelly the earliest appointment available at NCS is 13 Jan 2015.. Can i apply through any other NCS or it has to be my local NCS. It was very hard for me to get the references and i am not sure if it will get outdated by that time. Is there any time limit after writing the dates on the form.

Secondly, If i apply through post.. can i just send my childs original passort and photocopy of mine.

Many Thanks..
You can apply through any NCS near you.
The time limit is 6 months.
You can post the photocopy of your passport and original of you son/daughter.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:00 pm

Just to let you know that I had a NCS appointment today for my UK born kids. The lady at NCS called home office help-desk in-front of me and they told her to only send a copy of birth certificate and proof that a parent has got ILR. My BRP has not arrived yet so they just sent my ILR approval letter for ILR proof.

Save yourself few £££ and send the application by post. Provide the original birth certificate and your BRP copy.

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:04 pm

Thank you @ UKBALoveStory..

Do u know if an accountant who himself is on Tier 1(entrepreneur) visa can become a referee for 10 months old baby.

I have two children and for one who is in Nursery. Her teacher has signed her form but for the one who is just 10 months old i cant find any referee.

Vinny has advised me to Send if i have passport for children. My 3 years old baby has Passport and i am going to send it.. Did you have passport of you children?

Did you filled up Section 2..

Many Thanks...
ZR

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:26 pm

zzzindagi wrote:Thank you @ UKBALoveStory..

Do u know if an accountant who himself is on Tier 1(entrepreneur) visa can become a referee for 10 months old baby.

I have two children and for one who is in Nursery. Her teacher has signed her form but for the one who is just 10 months old i cant find any referee.

Don't worry about referee too much as for British born kids they are less restrict. Just get it signed from two british citizen.
Vinny has advised me to Send if i have passport for children. My 3 years old baby has Passport and i am going to send it.. Did you have passport of you children?

Yes. But Passports were not sent. NCS lady called home office and they confirmed that for section 1(3), home office only needs a proof of ILR and British birth certificate.

Did you filled up Section 2..

Nope. Not required
Many Thanks...

sharmag3
Newly Registered

Post by sharmag3 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:26 pm

Hello Friends,

Firstly, thanks to all who are running this forum as THE most useful centralized place to have all your queries addressed.
Really, appreciate.

I seek your expert advice with my 2 daughters MN1 application. Here is the background -
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Father (myself) - on ILR status since 24/12/2014, Passport - INDIA
Mother - on Tier 2 ICT Work Visa (due for ILR in Feb 2015), Passport - INDIA
Child1(eldest)- Born in the UK (27/12/2010), Age 4 years and is on Mother Dependent Tier 2 ICT Visa (Visa due to expire on 14/02/2015), Passport - INDIA
Child2(youngest)- Born in the UK (02/10/2014), Age 3 months, and has no passport/visa

Documents I have -
1. Full UK Birth Certificate for both children (certificate has my name as their FATHER)
2. My (father) passport and ILR Biometric
3. Child1 Passport and Biometric
4. Marriage Certificate

Both my children are in the UK living with me since their birth, child1 passport has my name in it as her FATHER
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have taken Appointment with Nationality Checking Service for the 09/01/2015 to register my both children based on their father settlement status, but before I apply have few doubts/questions w.r.t their eligibility.

Question 1> Child1 is on my wife's dependent visa (wife has still not obtained ILR) will it be a problem if I register them basedon my ILR status and is there a risk of application being rejected due to this. I am aware (through this forum) that one parent having ILR status will make the child eligible for registration but risk is that the child is on my wife's Tier2 ICT dependent visa

Question 2> I spoke to my lawyer and have got this response to Question 1 ----> "There may be a minor risk that the application might be rejected for child protection consideration, as your elder daughter is currently your wife’s dependant, but now applying for British nationality based on your status <------- So my confidence goes low with this response

Question 3> Child2, hasn't got a passport/visa so assuming this would be a straightforward case. Is my assumption correct.

Need your expert advise and guidance on this case.

Thanks,
Gauts

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:45 pm

@sharmag3

No issues what so ever. Your kids are born in UK and you have ILR. They are entitled to register as British citizen and their current immigration status is irrelevant. Your solicitor does not know what he is talking about.

sharmag3
Newly Registered

Post by sharmag3 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:55 pm

Fabulous, thanks for your prompt reply.
Really appreciated, sincere thanks :-)

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:27 pm

Hi, ( looking at your both posts above, i understand you guys have or planning to apply for your kids soon on form mn1 under section 1(3)..i am in similar boat, can you help and guide me please....

I wish to apply for my UK born son who is 1 year old under section 1(3) using form MN1.
I need some help filling the application, for some questions i have answered but don’t know if it is right or wrong and some i don’t have any clue. Can senior members, gurus and people who did the same process for their kids recently if you can please help that would be really helpful and kind of you. Thanking you in anticipation

Section 1 ( personal information)
Q 1.2> Shall i leave blank or give the reference no which is on the letter issued me when i was granted ILR
Q 1.3> i left blank , because he doesnot have any passport nor ILR
Q 1.9> Indian ( even though i didnot register him or got him Indian passport)
Section 2 Residence requirements
Q 2.1> My son is born in UK, what shall i write his date of birth or just leave it BLANK (question says please give, date and place of first arrival)
Q 2.2 > i have written our current address and for dates i have written from my son’s date of birth to current date
Q 2.3> Blank or shall i write N/A –Not applicable
Q 2.4 > United Kingdom
Section 3 (Parents residence)
Q 3.1> Me and my wife both are Indian ( I left it blank, didnot tick any box)
Q 3.2 > Shall i write my address or leave it blank
Q 3.3> Blank or n/a
Q 3.4> my wife’s address which is same but shall i leave it blank (same as question 3.2)
Q 3.5> Blank or n/a
Q 3.6> grandparents details ( I really don’t understand this), shall i leave it blank
Q 3.7 to Q 3.12> blank
Section 4 : Good character Requirement
Q 4.1 to 4.18 ( My son is 1 year old), so i left it blank as this section is for children above 10 and over

Section 5 ( Referees and Identity)
Q 5.1> Got 2 persons who are British citizen to sign and both are above 35 years of age ( one is minister of religion and one is family friend)
Photograph ( size/ dimensions any idea, because it is not listed in the Guide about any particular size)
Section 6 : (Consent to the application)
Q 6.1 myself signed
Q 6.2 my wife signed
Q 6.3 to 6.5 blank
Section 7: Declaration
Q 7.1 My full name (father of applicant)
Finally shall i tick
Q 7.6> I didnot understand
Q 7.8> it is only my son applying not parents, shall i leave it blank
Q 7.9> i am applying under section 1(3), shall i tick or leave it blank
“I know it is lot of questions but kindly take time and answer, i got just few days to apply, if experts or people with similar experience can help me that would be really helpful.”
Many thanks,
skjmr

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:11 pm

@ sharmag3

and

@ukbalovestory

can you please help me with my questions plz
many thanks

sharmag3
Newly Registered

Post by sharmag3 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:01 pm

@ UKBALoveStory, Thanks Guru for the prompt suggestion you gave me in beginning fo the month. It was only after your guidance I had the confidence in filling for both my kids MN1 Registration on the 12-01-2015, and today i.e. 27-01-2015 I have received their British Registration Certificate through the post.

Kudos to you mate and your excellent team.

Thanks,
Gauts

Venkat79
Newly Registered

Post by Venkat79 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:53 am

Hi All,

I need an urgent help, please advise regarding Parent's marriage certificate:

2 children born in UK in 2009 and 2011 respectively. Father (me) on ILR from October 2014, Indian passport. Mother on PBS Dependent visa, Indian passport.
I have got NCS appointment for children's registration this week and I am presenting these documents.
1. Filled in MN1 forms, category of application section 1(3)
2. Child's Passport (issued by India)
3. My passport + BRP
4. My Wife's Passport + Visa
5. Child's full birth certificate

I have misplaced my marriage certificate. I do have an old photocopy which was attested in India. Moreover, Both mine and my wife's passports have spouse names. Also, children's passports and birth certificates have both the parent's name.

Can you please advise whether it would be OK to apply without a physical marriage certificate?

thanks in advance,
Venkat

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:15 am

Hello Venkat,
To be honest they don't need marriage certifcate at all it is not manadatory

But I applied just 3 weeks back they have asked for my marriage certificate
But they never asked for my friends kids when they got registered just last week
Both via ncs ... So I would say it depends on the ncs and person I guess

But take your attested marriage certificate and don't discuss anything about it with them saying I don't have original and all that..

Just provide it only if they ask
Worst case you only post it directly to HO
Do it fast , my kids got it done on just 2 weeks
I am an Indian national as well
Good luck mate