ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application-timeline and change of circumstances

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

deewee
Newly Registered

Citizenship application-timeline and change of circumstances

Post by deewee » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:29 pm

Hi,

I would need a bit of advice on what to do with my application.

History:
- Am German national, 7 years resident in the UK, never any issues (not even a speeding ticket!)
- I applied through NCS in Bristol on the 23 June (!) 2014 for citizenship. All went smoothly, all documents correct, a straight forward application really.
- They took the £906 on the 26 June 2014, only 3 days later.
- I didn't hear a thing back - not even the letter that they received the application - so in late August I called the hotline. They found me in the system, but refused to give any details. 4 days after I called, I finally got a welcome letter.
- It's now mid-December, the 6 month they give themselves end just before xmas. Haven't hear a thing since the welcome letter in August....

So now my questions:
- What would you do if they haven't reacted by end December?
- I got married to a EU citizen 3 weeks ago. Would you inform them of the change of circumstance? If yes, what's the best way?

Every advice welcome!

Cheers
Dan

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Citizenship application-timeline and change of circumsta

Post by milan69 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:15 pm

From reading the posts here there generally seems to be delayy in resolving applications from EU applicants that have applied in June/July. If you do not hear anything once 6 months have passed I suggest you contact you MP as that tends to speed up process.
I am sometimes wrong.

Jersey

Re: Citizenship application-timeline and change of circumsta

Post by Jersey » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:41 pm

deewee wrote:Hi,

I would need a bit of advice on what to do with my application.

History:
- Am German national, 7 years resident in the UK, never any issues (not even a speeding ticket!)
- I applied through NCS in Bristol on the 23 June (!) 2014 for citizenship. All went smoothly, all documents correct, a straight forward application really.
- They took the £906 on the 26 June 2014, only 3 days later.
- I didn't hear a thing back - not even the letter that they received the application - so in late August I called the hotline. They found me in the system, but refused to give any details. 4 days after I called, I finally got a welcome letter.
- It's now mid-December, the 6 month they give themselves end just before xmas. Haven't hear a thing since the welcome letter in August....

So now my questions:
- What would you do if they haven't reacted by end December?
- I got married to a EU citizen 3 weeks ago. Would you inform them of the change of circumstance? If yes, what's the best way?

Every advice welcome!

Cheers
Dan
Contact your MP: http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/