ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which form for ILR DEPENDENT??? Confused afterApril's Rules

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shughal

Which form for ILR DEPENDENT??? Confused afterApril's Rules

Post by shughal » Sun May 11, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi guys,

I must mention to appreciate the people serving the community here on this forum spending their precious time .
You guys are doing best job saving plenty of people's money by providing n sharing your knowledge. I have couple of questions to ask as I am really confused after reading the laws before and after April 2014 though I cud't understand all of them.

I have applied on ILR(LR) since March 2014 and waiting for the outcome.
My wife came here in 02 July 2009 & I was on PSW at that time. I applied in March 2010 for Tier-1(G) & got visa for 3 years, I applied again for extension in March2013 & got visa till March 2015.
Since then my Mrs is here except her absence from March 2013 to February 2014 when she been back home.
In this period we got 2 kids, both borne here.
I think I would apply for MN1 for my kids when I would get ILR (INSHA ALLAH) but really not sure which form I would use for wife.
FLR(M) OR SET(M)
FLR first and then SET??? Or something else???

Also what about her qualifying period and would there be any problem for her long absence?
For her qualifying period would be 2 years or 5 years?? As I heard that after April laws everyone would fall within 5 years , if yes then in this scenario what situationshe would be facing as she is here since 2 July 2009.

Also is there any set time period withinwhich I would have to apply for my wife & kids after I get my ILR or I can apply bit later as quite tight financially.

APOLOGISE if repeating something of making you bored.

Many thanks & regards to everyone contributing here.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Which form for ILR DEPENDENT??? Confused afterApril's Ru

Post by Amber » Sun May 11, 2014 12:45 pm

You're right about the children.

Your spouse will have to switch to FLR(M) which has a Financial Requirement and A1 English, it's a 5 year route to settlement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shughal

Post by shughal » Sun May 11, 2014 3:54 pm

Hi Amber

Thanks for the reply. Would you kindly explain a bit about the 5-year route , I mean to say would it start from the period she entered into the UK or when she would apply for that.
Also would you plz reply about the last part of question, would I have to apply within a specified time period for my kids and wife or I can apply a bit later after getting ILR.
Also if she applies for FLR(M) then after how long she would be able to apply to SET FORM.
For English requirement A1, would her M.Sc degree from Pakistan from GC UNIVERSITY (equivalent to UK BECHALOR) be enough or not.

Kind regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun May 11, 2014 5:12 pm

Spouse would have to switch before current leave expires, degree should be acceptable if taught in English and awarded required points on PBS calculator. The 5 years would start when she switched to FLR(M), 2 x 2.5 year FLR(M) then SET(M).

Children can apply anytime before 18, though, the sooner the better.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shughal

Post by shughal » Sun May 11, 2014 5:26 pm

Amber thanks again for your prompt response.
By Reading below, do you think I (mean my Mrs) fall within these transitional arrangements.

This means that for PBS dependants who are applying to 'switch' into the partner of a settled person route on or after 6 April 2014 will have to apply under Appendix FM of the Rules, and will not be able to combine any leave they have accrued as a PBS dependant with leave as a Partner under Appendix FM.

There are, however, transitional provisions in place for those who were granted leave to enter or remain as the dependant of a PBS migrant prior to 9 July 2012, whose PBS partner gained indefinite leave to remain on the basis of long residence to under transitional provisions at A280 (c) apply for further leave under Part 8 of the Immigration Rules.
Where those on the transitional provision will be affected by these new changes is that they will have to complete the two years for settlement from the time they 'switch' into a spouse visa (as from 6 April 2014, they can no longer combine leave under Part 8 with leave as a PBS dependant).
Unfortunately, those PBS dependants who do not fall into this category will need to wait for five years for settlement from the time they 'switch' into a spouse visa.
- See more at: http://www.drummondmiller.co.uk/news/20 ... N2839.dpuf

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun May 11, 2014 5:36 pm

No, I'm afraid not.

shughal

Dependent FLR(M), NARIC Requirement??

Post by shughal » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi All,

This question might already has been asked but I couldn't find my required answer through search so writing it here.

My Mrs needs to apply on FLR(M) on the basis of me (ILR-10 year based). She has got a degree in M.Sc chemistry from the Government College Lahore, Pakistan. Question is, If I get the statement of comparability for her for her M.Sc degree becoming equivalent to UK Bachelor degree then would it be enough to satisfy her English Language requirement or do we need to get a letter from the relevant institute on headed paper as well mentioning that the M.Sc degree has been taught in English (advised by some one).

Please advise any thing else which is required or can be used in this regard to satisfy the English Language requiremnt for FLR(M) form.

Kind regards to All

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent FLR(M), NARIC Requirement??

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:13 pm

Firstly, check whether the degree is awarded 20 or more points for qualification and 10 points for English Skills on the PBS calculator.

shughal

Post by shughal » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:28 am

Hi Amber

Thanks for your time. Yeah I checked it there n unexpectedly it could not get points on the calculator
What isthe advise now please

Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:59 am

Then a UKNARIC SoC with a letter from the awarding institution.

shughal

Post by shughal » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:38 pm

Hi Amber

What should the letter from the awarding institution should contain. I mean to say, is there any specific draft for it or if possible may I have any draft for it.
And also should it be on the letter head of the institution duly sign and stamped????

Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:40 pm

shughal

FLR for Spouse: Income requirement

Post by shughal » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:52 am

Hi All,

Sorry if it resembles with any earlier post.I current do have ILR(10-years basis) & 2 kids have got BP. I need to ask please, how much income I need to show for my Mrs FLR (M).
Also in order to satisfy the English Requirement, would the Statement of Comparability be enough from NARIC for her as she is M.Sc Chemistry from Pakistan. I am expecting this qualification equivalent to UK Bachelor.

I would really appreciate and oblige any early response on it.

Kind regards

shughal

Re: FLR for Spouse: Income requirement

Post by shughal » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:22 pm

Is there anyone here who could kindly answer this question or has it been asked so many times before that nobody bothers, if this is the case, may I please have a link for that. I am waiting since morning for any kind help.

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:33 pm

Financial requirement is £18,600pa

Does she have a transcript or document from her university stating what the language medium it was taught in?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hini_khan
Newly Registered

Post by hini_khan » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:46 pm

Hi, Cr001

Kindly confirm if we show 18600 together with applicant and spouse. if 1 person fail to full fill full amount required.

What evidences do we require to send for pay considering we are going to lodge our lrm on Jan 2015, how many months back dated pay slips do we have to present ?

looking forward

shughal

Post by shughal » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:29 pm

Yes, she has got a letter from the University stating the mode of instruction was ENGLISH & we have got transcript as well mentioning the grades.
Also may I ask the same that what way I would have to prove my 18600 pounds.
Can I show my previous 12 months pay slips or anything else.

Kind regards

shughal

Post by shughal » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:09 pm

Hi,

May I kindly have the final answer please.

Still waiting.

Best rregards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:31 pm

yes, she has got a letter from the University stating the mode of instruction was ENGLISH & we have got transcript as well mentioning the grades.
Have you applied for UK NARIC??
Also may I ask the same that what way I would have to prove my 18600 pounds.
Bank statements and payslips and employment contract as well as confirmation letter from employer
Can I show my previous 12 months pay slips or anything else.
Yes as above
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shughal

Post by shughal » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi,

NO, that was my question actually, that am I supposed to apply for the statement of comparability or English Language Assessment????
I personally think for the SoC but want to make confirmation before applying.

Best rregards

shughal

ILR Dependent: FLR(M):SpouseBank Statement showing CTC Money

Post by shughal » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:18 am

Hi All,

I have recently got ILR (LR) and my kids got Red Passports and now need to apply for Mrs FLR(M).
She came here on 28 July, 2009 as a Tier (1) General Partner & got extension on 14/03/2013 for 2 years.
This new form (11/14 Version) is proving quite confusing for me so really need a kind help on this forum from seniors & others please.

1): Do I need to fill Sec 7B-Maintenance or not? (as after Sec 7A its written, proceed to Sec 7C)
BUT on 7B it is written: "You only need to complete this section if: (ii) You were granted leave to enter or remain as a partner under Chapter 8 of the immigration rules following an application submitted before 9 July 2012".

2): I am receiving certain benefits and Child Tax Credit (CTC) is one of them but I do not know why HM Revenue is making her account credited with the benefits amounts of CTC and not mine. So should I attach her bank statement with the application or not as she is in immigration control.

3): About English Language requirement, Her degree has been shown on UKBA points calculator with 30 points, got a NARIC Letter and a letter from her Uni as well.
Should it be enough?
Do I need to attach a print out of points calculator please.?

4): DOES SHE FALL UNDER TRANSITIONAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR ILR AS SHE HAS ALREADY COMPLETED HER 5 YEARS HERE OR NO??

If someone could kindly give the brief answers at their earliest please , I would be really thankful as needs to submit the application as soon as possible.

Kind regards

shughal

ILR Dependent: Spouse Statement showing CTC Money??

Post by shughal » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:17 pm

Hi All,

I have recently got ILR (LR) and my kids got Red Passports and now need to apply for Mrs FLR(M).
She came here on 28 July, 2009 as a Tier (1) General Partner & got extension on 14/03/2013 for 2 years.
This new form (11/14 Version) is proving quite confusing for me so really need a kind help on this forum from seniors & others please.

1): Do I need to fill Sec 7B-Maintenance or not? (as after Sec 7A its written, proceed to Sec 7C)
BUT on 7B it is written: "You only need to complete this section if: (ii) You were granted leave to enter or remain as a partner under Chapter 8 of the immigration rules following an application submitted before 9 July 2012".

2): I am receiving certain benefits and Child Tax Credit (CTC) is one of them but I do not know why HM Revenue is making her account credited with the benefits amounts of CTC and not mine. So should I attach her bank statement with the application or not as she is in immigration control.

3): About English Language requirement, Her degree has been shown on UKBA points calculator with 30 points, got a NARIC Letter and a letter from her Uni as well.
Should it be enough?
Do I need to attach a print out of points calculator please.?

4): DOES SHE FALL UNDER TRANSITIONAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR ILR AS SHE HAS ALREADY COMPLETED HER 5 YEARS HERE OR NO??

If someone could kindly give the brief answers at their earliest please , I would be really thankful as needs to submit the application as soon as possible.

Kind regards

shughal

Re: ILR Dependent: Spouse Statement showing CTC Money??

Post by shughal » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:20 pm

Hi, this is to say that I posted this query today (Friday) at 01.18 AM and after passing almost 16 hours, I could not receive any reply so far.
Anyone here to help please??

Its quite urgent.

Any moderator please???

Kind regards

vinny

Re: ILR Dependent: Spouse Statement showing CTC Money??

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:32 pm

Some of your questions, for example question 4, has already been answered by Amber and CR001. Their answer implied "no". I agree with them.

Question 3. See also Amber's topic.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.