ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success : PEO Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

walldorfian
BANNED

ILR Success : PEO Croydon

Post by walldorfian » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:53 pm

Dear Friends,

I wish to update my situation as i successfully got my ILR permit delivered to my home address

1. I had arrived twice into the country for attending an interview, intially, as soon my first tier-1(general) was issued. This was a temporary visit. However, I did move permanently after 5 months and started living here. Hence, the question where it asks me for 6 months continuous stay outside Uk ..never applied.

2. My wife arrived 6 months after her dependent ILR got processed in India. She had her original degree certificate and her university and degree was recognised for qualification and english language. We did not , hence, give any english language tests for my spouse.

3. Notice of Intended Prosecution arrived the day before my ILR application for a Red Signal Contravention. It is neither a criminal nor a civil conviction since the court has not even been in the frame for my case. Hence, I marked the section 7 positively.

The forum has been largely influential. Thank you all for providing the right information.

ILR is issued for 10 years, I am not sure if its the same for many of them ?

walldorfian

argus7
Wales

Re: ILR Success : PEO Croydon

Post by argus7 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:14 pm

congratulations!

Could you post your experience for the benefit of others , and also time lines of absences and no. of extensions done prior to ILR?

walldorfian
BANNED

Re: ILR Success : PEO Croydon

Post by walldorfian » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:24 pm

yeah surely.

1. the number of extensions , ideally should have been 1. However, I did go for 2 extensions overall giving me the following date and time-lines

1. Initial Tier-1 General visa dates :
15.Feb.2009 to 14.Feb.2012

arrived twice in april 2009 for a brief 3/4 day stay.
arrived permanently around sept 2009 for settlement.

2. First Extension on Tier-1 General dates:
15.Feb.2012 to 14.Feb.2014

3. Second Extension on Tier-1 General dates:
15.Feb.2014 to 14.Feb.2017

Saturday appointments are lot peacful as opposed to the weekday appointments. However, we did end up waiting for 2 hours to get the biometric done and nearly 1.5 hours to get the decision .. maybe because of shortage in staffing.