ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk settlement visa refused

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinny

Re: uk settlement visa refused

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:10 am

After 18, she may apply as an Adult dependent relative. But it may be much more difficult.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zoyasingh

Post by zoyasingh » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:13 am

Safi87 wrote:Hi ZoyaSingh,

I would personally suggest you ask them to re consider their decision, and state that the rental income has been declared to HMRC on a yearly basis on self assessment tax returns, at the same time i would also file for an appeal?

Rental income comes under non employment income, NOT self employment income. There are totally different rules for self employment income, as far as non employment- rental income is concerned you are required to provide the following:

(i) Confirmation that the person or the person and their partner jointly own the
property for which the rental income is received, through:
(1) A copy of the title deeds of the property or of the title register from the
Land Registry (or overseas equivalent); or
(2) A mortgage statement.
(ii) personal bank statements for the 12-month period prior to the date of
application showing the rental income was paid into an account in the name of the
person or of the person and their partner jointly.
(iii) A rental agreement or contract.

(c) Any rental income from property, in the UK or overseas, must be from a property that
is:
(i) owned by the person;
(ii) not their main residence and will not be so if the application is granted, except
in the circumstances specified in paragraph 20(e); and
(iii) if ownership of the property is shared with a third party, only income received
from their share of the property can be counted.
(cc) The amount of rental income from property received before any management fee
was deducted may be counted.
(d) Equity in a property cannot be used to meet the financial requirement.
(e) Where the applicant and their partner are resident outside the UK at the date of
application, rental income from a property in the UK that will become their main
residence if the application is granted may only be counted under paragraph 13(c)(i) and
paragraph 13(d)(ii).

Which you have already provided evidence of, the only concern is that they can not see any evidence that HMRC are aware of this income, they have not directly stated that there is no evidence of tax paid on this income.

What documents did you provide for proof of ownership? Did the property have a mortgage?

Thanks Safi for ur reply. Wel my husband provided all of his property deeds..ownership documents..Tenancy agreements..

What should I do about my daughter if I go for appeal as it's anyways gonna take more time than a month and if she turns 18, there won't be any possibility to reapply.:-(

zoyasingh

Post by zoyasingh » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:50 pm

vinny wrote:After 18, she may apply as an Adult dependent relative. But it may be much more difficult.
Thnx Vinny for replying. Cud u pls tel me that how to apply for a visa for adult dependant relatives, though I would not prefer this. And also if I go for appeal, it's anyways gonna take more than a month's time. I won't be able to reapply after that.. what is the best solution. :(

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:28 pm

There's no harm in appealing. You may also reapply before she's 18, without withdrawing the appeal.

Be sure to submit evidence that satisfies Appendix FM-SE.

For the appeal, additional evidence may be used.
For a new application, new evidence may be used.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

zoyasingh

Post by zoyasingh » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:21 pm

Thnx for ur suggestion Vinny.
Do u think there's any point in appealing as the documents won't even reach BHC,new delhi and we would have to reapply coz there's just a month left in my daughter turning 18.
In any ways we cannot wait for the result of appeal and take any risk.
And moreover we have sent the required documents to the BHC new delhi, directly. So We can wait for their reply.
Wat do u say

zoyasingh

Post by zoyasingh » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi all....can anybody tel me what is administrative review and can I apply for it? And also what is the tenure of administrative review.
Pls pls reply fast

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:29 pm

No, it's not applicable.

zoyasingh

Post by zoyasingh » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:16 am

Thnx vinny

zoyasingh

Post by zoyasingh » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi all, cud u experts help me with what all documents do I need to reapply for uk settlement visa, as I don't want to miss anything now as I am applying and paying the fees for three applications allover again.
Waiting for suggestions

Thnx

zoyasingh

Post by zoyasingh » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:42 pm

Hi all...as I hv discussed my case earlier, I reapplied for settlement visa for UK. 2 days ago I received an email stating requirements for some more documents. While I ws arranging them, today I received another email which says...
Dear Madam

This refers to your application for entry clearance to the United Kingdom. Please note that a decision has now been made on your previous applications. Therefore you are advised withdraw your current applications. You are also advised to ignore our previous e-mail.

If you wish to withdraw, please send us in writing through email atNewDelhi.VisaEvidentialFlexibilityReply@fco.gov.uk.  Please provide  this information  on or before 12 February 2015 and mention  the above file reference number in the email.  If we do not receive this information before the above said deadline, we will make the decision with the available documents. 
Kindly tell me what does that mean.....m really confused
Thnx

zoyasingh

Post by zoyasingh » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:03 am

Pls reply as m really confused nd worried....pls need experts advise.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:17 am

zoyasingh wrote:Pls reply as m really confused nd worried....pls need experts advise.
If you withdraw your current application, that means you should get your money back,it could be an error was made in your previous application and they realised that.
If you're getting your money back,then you haven't lost anything except time,have you?
May be you should mail them and ask for clarification.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:17 am

Repetition

zoyasingh

Post by zoyasingh » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:00 pm

Last edited by zoyasingh on Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zoyasingh

Post by zoyasingh » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:01 pm

CAN I GET A REFUND BY ANY CHANCE