ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working Holiday Visa Italy - Late App for residence permit

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dann333L
Newly Registered

Working Holiday Visa Italy - Late App for residence permit

Post by dann333L » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:43 pm

I applied for a working holiday visa for Italy but had to fly before they could process it so I subsequently had to leave my passport and fly on a different passport (I am a dual citizen and have 2 passports of different nations).

I stopped in Rome for a day and flew to London on my other passport. I then flew back to Italy a few weeks later and had my passport with the working holiday visa for Italy mailed to my italian address.

The visa documentation stipulates that you must apply for a residence permit at your local police station within 8 working days of entry to Italy. My passport with the visa was unfortunately lost in the post but as I had flown in with a different passport I foolishly assumed I wouldn't be affected. I finally received the passport with my visa but now the 8 day limit has long passed.

I would like to know if there might be some way around this. Would it be okay to leave Italy to go to another Schengen country and reenter using the passport with the visa and then apply for the residence permit with the 8 day time period?. If not, what are the consequences and if the visa is cancelled would it be possible to apply for a different visa?. I am an Australian citizen if that is helpful to know.

I really appreciate any comments and assistance. :?

mgb

Re: Working Holiday Visa Italy - Late App for residence perm

Post by mgb » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:03 pm

There is no border control between schengen countries. You would have to enter a non schengen country and than reenter schengen to get your visa stamped.

dann333L
Newly Registered

Post by dann333L » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:51 am

mgb wrote:There is no border control between schengen countries. You would have to enter a non schengen country and than reenter schengen to get your visa stamped.
Thanks mgb. Do you know if the fact that I have been in Italy on a different passport already will affect my residence permit application?. I have no stamps in my passport with the visa.

Thanks again.

mgb

Post by mgb » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:13 pm

Sorry, I don't know for sure. Simply ask the italian police.
I guess your current status is visafree entry and staying for 90 days via your second passport.
As far as I understand the whole thing the status change from visafree to visa covered can only happen on the day you present the visa to the officials. Therefore the 8 day rule can only start on the day you change your current status.

dann333L
Newly Registered

Post by dann333L » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:52 pm

Thanks mgb. I'll speak to the Italian police and let you know how it goes.