ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR refusal..

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amberw

FLR refusal..

Post by amberw » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:52 pm

hi!
my husband got HSMP approval and applied for FLR(HSMP). He is currently on student visa and working part time. his FLR was refused and given a right to appeal. reasons for refusal is a mistake from his employer. when HO contacted them regarding his job status, by mistake the HR department told HO that he is Full time instead of part time. so on this ground HO refuse his FLR and also current student visa.
now when his employer realises his mistake, they sent HO an apology letter and tried to rectify their mistake but the harm was done. Now he sent the appeal form (AIT 1) along with the letters from employer, his salary slips showing that he is working part time. he also reapplied for FLR.
Can anybody tell me what is his chances?
what will happen during hearing?
any guidence????
thanks
amber

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:44 pm

Hopefully the Home Office will not take it that far and will reconsider the application before it gets to court. he really didn't need to make a fresh FLR application though, although it may save a little time.

Once you get to court the Judge will consider all the documents, and I think your chances are good.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

amberw

Post by amberw » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:08 pm

thanks alot VictoriaS.
I really need this reassurance. would u plz clarify one more thing for me?
I don't have any solicitor to represent my case. does it effect my case during hearing? do I have to prepare for any arguments or any thing? what should I expect for hearing?
thanks
amber

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:35 pm

If the documents are clearly in your favour, then I would expect a short hearing with little submissions. Look at the AIT page for info, or contact the Immigration Advisory Service for some free assistance.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!