ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help on Imigation matter as a family member

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

luis hernandez
Newly Registered

Help on Imigation matter as a family member

Post by luis hernandez » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Hello,

I would like to ask a question about my immigration status. i came to the UK back in 2003 with a student visa, i met a german girl and we got married and was granted ILR until 2011. then i met another woman UK citizen and i stayed with this woman and separated the german woman. the uk woman and i had a baby born in the uk and in 2009 and we decided to leave the uk and went to my country of origin and had another baby there. she was working at an university and she got serious threats as this was a dangerous country. she applied for our son to have a british pasport which he now has and they return to the UK. we got advice from a solicitor but ouviously we did not meet the financial criteria. due to the seriousness of these threats i applied for a student visa and was granted, as we didnt see any other option. i did not came back in 2010 to extend my ILR. Now i am in this dilema and i have 2 years until my visa expires. right now i do not know what to do when the 2 years comes up. please any advice. :D

Rayking

Re: Help on Imigation matter as a family member

Post by Rayking » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:11 pm

When you applied for the student visa,did you make it clear you've got family here or was this information concealed?

luis hernandez
Newly Registered

Post by luis hernandez » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:16 pm

Rayking wrote:When you applied for the student visa,did you make it clear you've got family here or was this information concealed?
when i applied the family was still in colombia so i did not tell them that the family was in the uk as they were not. also they asked me about family and i said i did not have any

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:45 pm

You might need a lawyer to sort this out for you,concealing that information might affect your application which could have been easier if your partner meets the financial requirement now.
Hope senior members can say something about it though.