ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CHILD CITIZENSHIP FOR 2 DIFF NATIONALITY PARENTS

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yamcheka

CHILD CITIZENSHIP FOR 2 DIFF NATIONALITY PARENTS

Post by yamcheka » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:33 am

I will be due on March 2015. I was able to come in the UK through my husband by EEA Rights. He is a Hungarian and I am a Filipino. I am here in UK for 2 years now with my residence card valid until 2017. Anybody can advice me about my child citizenship and what's the best for my situation. I know that it would be difficult to come back in the UK without my husband travelling with me. So it is one advantage to get my child a Hungarian passport and citizenship. That's all I know.. I should get to know these things but currently I am working and on my pregnancy hurdles. Any advice is welcome. Thank you.
Never give up!

vinny

Re: CHILD CITIZENSHIP FOR 2 DIFF NATIONALITY PARENTS

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:51 am

Child will be Hungarian You may may register her/his birth and s/he may apply for a Hungarian passport.

Child will also be a Philippine citizen.

After you have attained PR, if child is born in the UK, then child will be entitled to register for British citizenship.

Then child will have 3 citizenships.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.