ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

greattaurus99

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by greattaurus99 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:46 pm

Shreen wrote:Hey all,

Does anyone know as to which month islamabad have got to ? And also have they cleared the backlog yet? Any ideas heard anything ?
Thnks x
I got my visa today from 31st July
Syed Salman Gilani
31/07/2014: Biometrics & Application - Islamabad
14/10/2014: Pre assessment and online verification done
10/11/2014: Not yet been assessed by an ECO
26/11/2014: In Progress
05/12/2014: Further enquiries/checks
10/12/2014: Call from Gerry's
11/12/2014: VISA GRANTED :)

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:59 pm

greattaurus99 wrote:
Shreen wrote:Hey all,

Does anyone know as to which month islamabad have got to ? And also have they cleared the backlog yet? Any ideas heard anything ?
Thnks x
I got my visa today from 31st July

Aww congratulation may allah bless you with a happy married life ahead :) nd for those who are waiting inshallah it will be good news soon:) you all in my prayers x

Girl786

Post by Girl786 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:59 pm

[quote="taj14"]The complete situation with my husband is he started his job on 7 nov 2013 with a salary of 18900 and just after we applied for the visa his hours got cut down and he also became self employed when this happened (may 2013)

because his hours were reduced he was only getting paid 350 or 450 a month until nov 2013 which had a rise to 650. but in may he started self employment from which, if put together with the employement salary is enough over the year to be 18900. the problem is that from the self employment he used to get cash which was not all banked on a regular basis, what i would like to know is whats the procedure to re apply maybe with this situation or if we can send it off for the review explaing his situation to them do you guys reckon it would help?

1: you have provided employment letter and payslips from ........................ the letter states that your sponsor has been employed with them since 7 nov 2013.<this is correct

2: checks carried out with hmrc in th uk have revealed that they have no record of this employment having been declared to them.<the employment letter from the employer which is on headed paper states the name of the company thats registered with HMRC and clearly shows that they are trading under a different name. so it says that my husband is employed by xyz company that is trading as zzz (zzz is the name on the payslips and bank statements showing that thats where the salary has come from)

3:for tax year 2013_14 hmrc records show an income of 7875 only with an employer called ........... (this is the same company it was also mentioned in employer letter) . jobseeker allowance was your sponsor's only other income during this year.<jobseeker alowance was only for 2 weeks in early 2013 as i said in another post and the income was only 7875 (5 months) because he only started his job in nov and if you add 1575 his monthly salary to 7875 its 9450 which is his 6 months worth of salary and in a year its 18900

4: no employment with ............... is recorded.( is the same as point 2 it clearly shows the names of the company in the emloyment letter) maybe the eco left his reading glasses at home that day)

5: i also note that four of the claimed monthly pay deposits from your sponsor's employer were made within a three week period.(there was cash flow issue with the company which was explained by employer in letter)

6: for tax year 2014-15 hmrc records show that employment with this employer hasd continued at a rate well below income threshold of rules. < this is the only point that i think will create a problem because it is right the payments were below the threshold but he was earning money from self employment which is not declared to the HMRC until the end of the tax year.

these are the reasons for refusal.

the main thing i would like your help with is deciding if its worth doing the review thing because im not even aware of what it is exactly and how long it takes, but would i be able to prove to them that there was self emloyment from say invoices to customers? because there wasnt much of the cash going into the bank account.

Hey hi hope u okie . Well my husband is self employed as well. N it took BhC 13 months to reject us propr crap . So v decided to reapply . Well i dnt knw alot but all the study n info i got abt self employment is that inorder to prove that u re self employed u ve to show them SA302 very imp doc . U ve to show ur registration with HMRC & all the tax details . How much u paid going to pay all that . N self employment should be of 2 years or atleast one year . Bc tax always counted on yearly bases so thts y thy want full finacial tear record . N abt bank statemnts ur accountant deal with .well self employed ppl & ppl working in asian conpanies really ve to face difficulties in getting visa. Hope this lil info is usefull for u . Y can go n chkc full details on uk visa gov site to
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf
. These sites re very usefull in order to understand the visa requirements .
Best of luck . Tcxx

bilyh02
Newly Registered

Post by bilyh02 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:07 pm

What do you think of the following?

Submitted biometrics on 8 Sept 2014 in Lahore.

After chasing up I got the following replies;

5/12/14 - Please be informed that your application has been concluded. Your
application will be sent to the Visa Application Center in due course. You
will be contacted through the Visa Application Center once the documents
are ready for collection.

10/12/14 - Please note that your passport and documentation could still take some time
to reach you whilst being sent back from the decision making centre and
whilst other administrative formalities are completed. The visa application
centre will be in contact with you regarding the collection or delivery.

Sugarplum786

Post by Sugarplum786 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:14 pm

bilyh02 wrote:What do you think of the following?

10/12/14 - Please note that your passport and documentation could still take some time

Woww quick processing, did they tell u that an eco was checking the documents? After how long did an eco check ur documents?
Documents submitted in Mirpur on 26/11/14
Documents forwarded to BHC in Islamabad 26/11/14
Documents received in Islamabad 27/11/14
Documents not yet checked by ECO 05/12/14

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:19 pm

Good Luck! I think your the first one of those September applicants to have received a response.
Lahore are processing visa applications way ahead of the rest.
Online Submission 13/08/14
Submitted papers 15/09/14
Processed 30/12/14
Collected-Refused 14/01/15
Appeal submitted 06/02/15
Visa Granted 28/04/15

Ibbzy

Post by Ibbzy » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:35 pm

Salam all, anyone update for the people who applied in late August? My wife applied from Islamabad.
Application and biometrics submitted - 27August 2014
Visa Refused - 17 December 2014
Online appeal submitted - 9th January 2015
Notice of a pending appeal - 27th January 2015
Bundle received back from BHC ISB (apparently) - 24th February 2015

bilyh02
Newly Registered

Post by bilyh02 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:53 pm

SugarPlum - I chased for each update, they never provided any updates themselves. No mention of ECO cheching, but obviously will have...

Laiba1234 - thank you. I hope they process applications for everyone as quickly as possible!

My small concern at the moment is that they have not informed me about collecting documents with 1 week gone so far. Any thoughts anyone?

saiqahK
Newly Registered

Post by saiqahK » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:06 pm

Alhamdulilah and congratulations to all who got visa recently may allah swt give you happy lives together ameen
plz remember us in your duas and allah grants all those who are still waiting ameen! :D :D

thanks for reply bilalmohammed

saiqahK
Newly Registered

Post by saiqahK » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:07 pm

Alhamdulilah and congratulations to all who got visa recently may allah swt give you happy lives together ameen
plz remember us in your duas and allah grants all those who are still waiting ameen! :D :D

thanks for reply bilalmohammed

Maria123
Newly Registered

Post by Maria123 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:23 pm

Hi.... Any late august applicants from Mirpur got a reply yet?

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:35 pm

bilyh02 wrote:SugarPlum - I chased for each update, they never provided any updates themselves. No mention of ECO cheching, but obviously will have...

Laiba1234 - thank you. I hope they process applications for everyone as quickly as possible!

My small concern at the moment is that they have not informed me about collecting documents with 1 week gone so far. Any thoughts anyone?

If it is convenient, visit the Visa Application Centre (Gerry's Centre) where you applied and see if your passport is already there as there is strong chance of it being with Gerry's as more than a week has passed after conclusion email.

All the very best.

Mrs N

Post by Mrs N » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi

We applied end of nov, plenty wait to go yet, but today my husband had his wallet stolen, with his Original ID card in it. If he gets a new one does this cause problems with our application?

I know it's not timeline related before anyone has a go, but just looking for some advice

Thanks

Mrs N

fawad iftikhar

Post by fawad iftikhar » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:25 pm

Laiba1234 wrote:

Good Luck! I think your the first one of those September applicants to have received a response.
Lahore are processing visa applications way ahead of the rest.

good luck billy ! I hope eng aug/early sept applicants hear soon...thank you guys for putting updates that few aug/sept got their visas..i hope now khi applicants start to hear back updates! Inshallah..this gave me some hope to hear soon
bio-metrics(Khi)- 02 Sept 14
RFC 24 dec 14 : rejected on financial grounds
Jan 8 15 : appealed (oral) inside the UK
Feb 23 15 : notice of pending appeal with ECM deadline till 6 June 2015

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:26 pm

Mrs N wrote:Hi

We applied end of nov, plenty wait to go yet, but today my husband had his wallet stolen, with his Original ID card in it. If he gets a new one does this cause problems with our application?

I know it's not timeline related before anyone has a go, but just looking for some advice

Thanks

Mrs N
Hi,

He need follow the normal procedure of reporting it to police and getting a new ID card as soon as he can, he'll have to show the ID card at the time of collecting his passport back from Gerry's, so the earlier he get the card the better it will be so in case of RFC he don't have to wait for ID card.

Mrs N

Post by Mrs N » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:55 pm

networkers wrote:
Mrs N wrote:Hi

Thanks

Mrs N
Hi,

He need follow the normal procedure of reporting it to police and getting a new ID card as soon as he can, he'll have to show the ID card at the time of collecting his passport back from Gerry's, so the earlier he get the card the better it will be so in case of RFC he don't have to wait for ID card.
Thanks for this

Is reporting it to the police a must? U know what it's like in Pakistan, here we would report everything in an instant but it's quite laid back over there in regards to things like this

Hubby is going to get a new one made but I just wondered if it would cause a problem because it will have a diff issue/expiry date etc than the one submitted with paperwork

Thanks in advance

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:07 am

Mrs N wrote: Thanks for this

Is reporting it to the police a must? U know what it's like in Pakistan, here we would report everything in an instant but it's quite laid back over there in regards to things like this

Hubby is going to get a new one made but I just wondered if it would cause a problem because it will have a diff issue/expiry date etc than the one submitted with paperwork

Thanks in advance
As far as I know Nadra will ask for a police complain before issuing a new card as they'll have to cancel the old one, but it might not be a requirement. As far as Gerry's is concerned they need to validate the name / details of the person collecting the passport so as long as he has his ID card he'll be fine.

Skylinegtr
Newly Registered

Post by Skylinegtr » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:14 am

Hi guys,
Pretty new to this forum stuff.

Just a quick one I submitted my docs on 27/08/14 and had a email from them saying Your UK visa application is currently under consideration at the British High Commission Islamabad.
Unfortunately the processing of your application has been delayed while we undertake further assessment. This means that we will be unable to make a decision within our published customer service standards.
We will conclude your application as soon as possible and you will be contacted when your documents have been returned to the Visa Application Centre. You will then be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your documents are ready for collection. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre before they have contacted you.

Which was on 5/12/14

How long do you reckon they will take from now?

Also requested a status update before this on 26/11/14 they said We have received a response from the decision making
centre, following your request for information on the status of your visa
application which states as follows: " Initial pre- assessment and online
verification conducted. Application is in Entry Clearance Officer’s queue
for further assessment and checks/enquiries ". You are requested to be
patient and wait for the processing to be completed

Jazakallah for your help in advance and Mubarak to all brothers and sisters for their visas

b41
United Kingdom

Post by b41 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:33 am

That is a quick turnaround! If the centre is close to you then go down and see if they have your passport, most likely it will as its been a week.

fawad iftikhar

Post by fawad iftikhar » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:02 am

Skylinegtr wrote:Hi guys,
Pretty new to this forum stuff.

Just a quick one I submitted my docs on 27/08/14 and had a email from them saying Your UK visa application is currently under consideration at the British High Commission Islamabad.
Unfortunately the processing of your application has been delayed while we undertake further assessment. This means that we will be unable to make a decision within our published customer service standards.
We will conclude your application as soon as possible and you will be contacted when your documents have been returned to the Visa Application Centre. You will then be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your documents are ready for collection. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre before they have contacted you.

Which was on 5/12/14

How long do you reckon they will take from now?

Also requested a status update before this on 26/11/14 they said We have received a response from the decision making
centre, following your request for information on the status of your visa
application which states as follows: " Initial pre- assessment and online
verification conducted. Application is in Entry Clearance Officer’s queue
for further assessment and checks/enquiries ". You are requested to be
patient and wait for the processing to be completed

Jazakallah for your help in advance and Mubarak to all brothers and sisters for their visas

i am pretty much close to u i submitted few days after you and m waiting too..if tey have reached to aug apps then it wont be too long hopefully
bio-metrics(Khi)- 02 Sept 14
RFC 24 dec 14 : rejected on financial grounds
Jan 8 15 : appealed (oral) inside the UK
Feb 23 15 : notice of pending appeal with ECM deadline till 6 June 2015

Ibbzy

Post by Ibbzy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:20 am

Salam skyline my wife applied on the same day as u, ive received the exact same responses on the exact same dates even on the 5/12/14 time was 3:52am UK time, i think they are doing them in batches tbh. InshAllah lets hope we all get the green light soon inshAllah

th3

Post by th3 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:20 am

Taj14

Don't waste another year appealing that decision... Get everything together and re-apply.

Sorry to hear about your decision but just one thing; grave mistake seeking JSA in the same year as the used payslips. Because your husband would have wrote a low salary on the JSA application in order to get it, and HMRC retains that amount on your record until you have paid/declared to them the full tax amount for that financial year.

Secondly, the self-employment used must be the last full financial year before your application (not the current).

Don't worry, I was rejected recently too... But mine was because I was promoted within the 6 months and didn't have a separate employment letter for each position.
Marriage 06/2011 | Visit Visa 08/2012 | Back to UK 01/2013
Applied Mirpur Cat A 12/03/14
Forwarded BHC 24/03
Escalated 1st 13/08, 2nd 10/10, 3rd 05/11

Further checking 1st 10/11, 2nd 19/11
Visa processed date 26/11, email 28/11
Visa Refused

Ibbzy

Post by Ibbzy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:15 am

Salam all, i emailed UKVI for an update and received this reply:
hank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International enquiry
service.

We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the and found that a decision on your application has been delayed
whilst further enquiries are being conducted. Your visa application centre
or the entry clearance officer will contact you once a decision has been
made or, if necessary, during the consideration of your application.
Any idea why would it be delayed? Also who has received such an email before and how long after that on average does it take.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:01 am

@ibbzy- I received the same response about 2 weeks after applying, now it's been just over 12 weeks. I thinks it's just a generic response. When your case is escalated that's when you receive a proper reply from UKVI.

15/09/14 - Applied

15/09/14 - Forwarded to UKVI

29/09/14 - Waiting to be assessed by ECO

10/10/14 - Delayed further enquiries

21/10/14 - Application in progress

30/10/14 - no updates found

07/11/14 - 1st ESCALATION- Waiting to be assessed

03/12/14 - 2nd ESCALATION - under process: checks being done

Asim khan

Post by Asim khan » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:29 am

U Guys Dont need to panic ..they are going thru august applications now ..so late August Ones will Hear soon ..and september Ones probably after xmas .. so My advice is no matter how much u chase them they will drag u down to that time which they said ..Thats like 4 months time now adays ..when ur 4 months are about to get complete u will Hear about it ..trust me