ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2014 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

banana07
Member of Standing

Re: 2014 Citizenship Approvals

Post by banana07 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:10 pm

wahoooo congrats man... very happy for you and very happy to know approvals started rolling!

could you please update us on the date of letter (inside the letter) to have an idea when they sent them
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

Alienforever
Newly Registered

Post by Alienforever » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:20 pm

banana07 wrote:wahoooo congrats man... very happy for you and very happy to know approvals started rolling!

could you please update us on the date of letter (inside the letter) to have an idea when they sent them
Hi Banana07,

I knew I will be asked for that :D , so I rang home and asked for the letter details :
- Date : 10th/12
Doc :
- Postal order 950
- 2 Photos (with ref at the back)
- GNIB card
- Travel Doc if Applicable (not the national passport)

Doc to be returned to the Citizenship Section , Rosana rd, Tipperary
Sorry for the typo (I do not hold the letter in hand )

Again good luck for all

Hope I can get it sorted in January :D

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:23 pm

Alienforever wrote:
banana07 wrote:wahoooo congrats man... very happy for you and very happy to know approvals started rolling!

Hi Banana07,

I knew I will be asked for that :D , so I rang home and asked for the letter details :
Doc :
- Postal order 950
- GNIB card

Again good luck for all

nice :) that means they started to send approval letters this week.. fingers crossed we get them next week (anpost busy)

you located in dublin? post in dublin usually faster

Alienforever
Newly Registered

Post by Alienforever » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:25 pm

banana07 wrote:
Alienforever wrote:

Hi Banana07,

Doc :
- Postal order 950
- GNIB card

Again good luck for all

nice :) that means they started to send approval letters this week.. fingers crossed we get them next week (anpost busy)

you located in dublin? post in dublin usually faster
No, I am in Co Cork (not in the city)

pyramid stone
Ireland

Post by pyramid stone » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:27 pm

@banana07
I think someone said approvals will start from next week, Do you remember something like that !!! looooooooooool

pyramid stone
Ireland

Post by pyramid stone » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:31 pm

@Alienforever
Congratulations and thank you for sharing info.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:33 pm

pyramid stone wrote:@banana07
I think someone said approvals will start from next week, Do you remember something like that !!! looooooooooool
yes sir i remember.. my feet are on fire.. cant wait although im still in "processing" mode but hoping for a miracle!

okdokie

Post by okdokie » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:33 pm

Congrats mate...This gives hope to members to look forward to next week.

saad786

Post by saad786 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:39 pm

@Alienforever
Congrates mate.. what a good news you have given to us... thanks for that...

It means we can still expect something in Santa´s bag for us....

Best of luck and please keep on sharing the good news with us on this forum

Alienforever
Newly Registered

Post by Alienforever » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:54 pm

To everyone,

I have been on fire (I cancelled a lot of business trips because of the very short/temporary stmap4card, I couldn't afford asking for 2 Visas, irish included, or more for 1 trip). As I closed the 6 months with no sign, I had hope at least for something from them : even asking for more documents (at least i know the case is moving forward). Sometimes I was checking the great forum, and the info/thought shared by the great people here, even some of them did lose control on their emotions, but I had nothing to share except the approval of my colleague a month ago and now my turn :).

Thanks to all people who were active on this forum, Banana07, Pyramid stone, bluemoon, Saad , sometime ago Janet.... I think I remember few names without looking to the forum :).

Well that's a big step of my/our journey and I am sure the rest will get it soooooon.

pyramid stone
Ireland

Post by pyramid stone » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:08 pm

banana07 wrote:
yes sir i remember.. my feet are on fire.. cant wait although im still in "processing" mode but hoping for a miracle!
Believe or not
I applied first on Jan, 2010 and they sent me back my file saying the last year wasn't countenance and was a gap 3 weeks between my expired visa and the current visa that time so I was asked to re-apply next year.
I applied in Feb, 2011 and on Jul, 2013 got the refusal for 3 traffic offences were committed on the year 2011 the year i applied no appeals allowed.
I applied March this year and still waiting. looooooooooool
Tell me when did you apply ! loooooooool
I lost the sense and forgot how people act when they got the approval. loooooooooooooool.
nothing can surprise me now in good neither bad , and I won't get upset if I got a refuse next week or next year even all the same for me, loooooooooooooool

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:28 pm

pyramid stone wrote:
banana07 wrote:
Believe or not
I applied first on Jan, 2010 and they sent me back my file saying the last year wasn't countenance and was a gap 3 weeks between my expired visa and the current visa that time so I was asked to re-apply next year.
I applied in Feb, 2011 and on Jul, 2013 got the refusal for 3 traffic offences were committed on the year 2011 the year i applied no appeals allowed.
I applied March this year and still waiting. looooooooooool
Tell me when did you apply ! loooooooool
I lost the sense and forgot how people act when they got the approval. loooooooooooooool.
nothing can surprise me now in good neither bad , and I won't get upset if I got a refuse next week or next year even all the same for me, loooooooooooooool
I feel your pain, but the positive side is that they did not kick you outside the country (whether explicit or implicit).. my only reason for the passport is the ease of travel.. when you have to queue for a stamp, when you have to apply for a visa and offer zillions of papers for 2 days visit to say italy and takes a month or more to issue let alone costs and hassle and transport.. this pain for last years is pushing me for a passport!

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:30 pm

by the way pyramid stone.. did you mail them to see if they sent you a letter for approval or not? at least his saves you the wonder and wander for a week hoping (or not) for news.. in my case they said "processing" so i lost hope for next week

pyramid stone
Ireland

Post by pyramid stone » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:37 pm

banana07 wrote:by the way pyramid stone.. did you mail them to see if they sent you a letter for approval or not? at least his saves you the wonder and wander for a week hoping (or not) for news.. in my case they said "processing" so i lost hope for next week
I called yesterday and was told I am at the final stage. and they will send me as soon as the minster make a decision.

Post by 110 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:39 pm

Hi Banana007,

When thy say processing to you, have they ever told you what they are waiting on ? are they stil lwaiting on reports from outside agency or have they confirmed the reports from outside agency has come through and now they are in different stage of processing :P

Kindly share

Cheers

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:42 pm

pyramid - thats not enough to get a letter in a week. it means it might be a year or a week or a month.

110 - they say (their same copy paste): Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

same letter, different day.. lol processing

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:48 pm

110 - why you are still waiting for almost a year and half? did they tell what the reason is? can you share your application tracker

evajohnson
Newly Registered

Post by evajohnson » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:57 pm

so i came to a conclusion my application was delibrately delayed as they need careful consideration making a decision on my application due to a traffic offence from the past. i have been waiting 3years and it doesnt look like they will make a decision on my application anytime soon. i am tempted to withdrawl my application and just forget waiting forever as they are not sure how long i have to wait for. i wish everyone else still waiting good favours. all d best

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:09 pm

evajohnson wrote:so i came to a conclusion my application was delibrately delayed as they need careful consideration making a decision on my application due to a traffic offence from the past. i have been waiting 3years and it doesnt look like they will make a decision on my application anytime soon. i am tempted to withdrawl my application and just forget waiting forever as they are not sure how long i have to wait for. i wish everyone else still waiting good favours. all d best
did they tell you that? and when? today?

shintaxyz
Newly Registered

Post by shintaxyz » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:18 pm

bluemoon2 wrote:Hello guys , I applied in April 2014 , two weeks ago I got letter from inis asking me to clarify why my visa to uk was refused 2 years ago , I wrote them a letter explaining it , today after 15 days I got a acknowledgment letter from inis saying that they have received my explanation letter and my application is at advance stage now , what does it mean ? Does it mean they have approve my explaination letter ? And what is advance stage ?

Hi bluemoon,

I just wanted to ask was there any stamp on your passport to show that your UK visa was refused 2 years ago or the department found out from the UK. I have had a visa refusal in the past and it was on my old passport. I don't know if I should mention that in my application or will they find out if I don't. As this is some years back.

Thanks

Kal14

Post by Kal14 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:25 pm

Sound like small ceremony in January. ??Least I know When and where it's going to be..
Best of luck who's still processin..

pyramid stone
Ireland

Post by pyramid stone » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:37 pm

Kal14 wrote:Sound like small ceremony in January. ??Least I know When and where it's going to be..
Best of luck who's still processin..
You haven't got your invitation for the ceremony yet, and if it's that small so then you could be in the following ceremony, anyway Cong, and best of luck.

Alienforever
Newly Registered

Post by Alienforever » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:19 pm

Guys,

a friend of mine got his approval today, I don't have too much details about his app :

He applied 1 month before me (roughly), so around May.
Stamp 4eufam.

Good Luck.

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:53 am

shintaxyz wrote:
bluemoon2 wrote:Hello guys , I applied in April 2014 , two weeks ago I got letter from inis asking me to clarify why my visa to uk was refused 2 years ago , I wrote them a letter explaining it , today after 15 days I got a acknowledgment letter from inis saying that they have received my explanation letter and my application is at advance stage now , what does it mean ? Does it mean they have approve my explaination letter ? And what is advance stage ?

Hi bluemoon,

I just wanted to ask was there any stamp on your passport to show that your UK visa was refused 2 years ago or the department found out from the UK. I have had a visa refusal in the past and it was on my old passport. I don't know if I should mention that in my application or will they find out if I don't. As this is some years back.

Thanks
@ shintaxyz ,No , i didn,t see any refusal stamp in my passport , i don,t know how did they know about it , they don,t ask in citizenship form if you were refused any country visa so i think no need to tell them if they don,t ask.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:06 am

bluemoon - they dont usually stamp with "refused" but they put stamp on the page they want to put the sticker on (embassy name and date) and once sticker issued, they stick it above the stamp. if not issued (refused) the stamp that has the embassy and date stays there and means by immigration ppl as "he applied but never got visa aka refused".

one more aspect is that the immigration system between EU countries is connected through 1 system hence it shows your history on the fly between UK & Eire and the status of your visa within 14 working days between all EU countries.

so either they saw a stamp on your passport, or the UK system showed you have been refused before