ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What can I do next?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gemini2000
Newly Registered

What can I do next?

Post by Gemini2000 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:33 am

Hey there, new to this place and I need some help. I am from the US and I came to the UK (N. Ireland) in June to visit my boyfriend. I got stamped for 6 months so my stay is coming to an end. My boyfriend and I just decided to get married. We got married yesterday. (Dec 11). Is there ANYTHING I can do to remain here in the UK? I would rather not leave the UK. :(

Please help, and thank you in advance

Rayking

Re: What can I do next?

Post by Rayking » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:55 pm

If your boyfriend is British and on income of 18600,you will have to go back to US and then apply as a spouse.
You can't get it done from within and trying will simply complicate,elongate and waste of resources.
You weren't expected to get married with the visa you got but it's still better if you return and get things done the right way.

WR1

Re: What can I do next?

Post by WR1 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:22 pm

You cannot change a visit visa into a spouse visa.

As Rayking as mentioned, you will have to return to the US and then apply for a spouse visa from there.

Apart from that, you can look at CR001's post here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 77597.html
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided