ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am on UK Tier 2 ICT Visa my spouse is expecting

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

toliamit
Newly Registered

I am on UK Tier 2 ICT Visa my spouse is expecting

Post by toliamit » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:36 am

Hi Team/All,

At the moment, I am staying in UK and am here on Tier 2 ICT long term Visa along with my dependent. My Dependent is expecting at the moment and we would be in UK when she would be delivering the baby.

I am aware that as per the UKBA rules, if the baby is born in UK he/she does get UK citizenship but I wanted to know is there any provision by which once he/she reaches an age of 18 he/she would get that choice to choose UK as a country of residence?

We are confused at the moment so thought if anyone in the forum could help us?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: I am on UK Tier 2 ICT Visa my spouse is expecting

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:22 pm

Why do you think the baby would be British?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: I am on UK Tier 2 ICT Visa my spouse is expecting

Post by moonlight55 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:37 pm

I think he meant the baby does "not" get UK citizenship :-) hence trying to find if he/she will get any option later.

Apparently, the answer is NO. Also, if you are under the assumption that the baby will get UK citizenship by birth, you are wrong. He/she will assume citizenship of the parent by default, if they are not british.