ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RETAINING MY RIGHTS OF RESIDENCE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chkfarhan
Newly Registered

RETAINING MY RIGHTS OF RESIDENCE

Post by chkfarhan » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:20 am

I came to England on a marriage Visa in 2010 for 6 months. My wife sponsored me. I got married and stayed with my wife till last month. I have a 1 year old son. Now my wife wants a divorse, but I dont want to. I want the marriage to work for us. She has applied for a divorse last month . I have to acknowledge reciept of the petition soon. Does this mean that our marriage lasted for at least three years immediately before the initiation of proceedings for divorce? Can I not divorse her and still apply to retain my rights of residence after 2 years?

Please reply as soon as possible. Thanking you in advance.

vinny

Re: RETAINING MY RIGHTS OF RESIDENCE

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:26 am

What nationality is your wife?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

chkfarhan
Newly Registered

Post by chkfarhan » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:00 pm

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply. My wife is from Poland.

junaid333
Newly Registered

Post by junaid333 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi,
I am asking on behalf of my friend. That's is his details:
Non eu national married to eu national in May 2011, residency card (EEA2) issued on August 2011 valid till August 2016. He is in full time employment at the moment.

His eu national wife details:
Came to UK in June 2008.
From June 2008 till June 2013 she has been in full time employment and never been out of UK for more than 6 months. So according to 5 years rule I think she was eligible to apply for her permanent residence (EEA3) but she did not apply so far.
From sep 2013 till current she is in full time education but did not buy comprehensive health insurance because they didn't know it.
Because of relationship problems, they have filled for divorce in November 2014.

My questions are:
Can my non eu national friend apply for his retain right of residence???
Will this not buy health insurance affect on my friend application???

Thanks.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:31 am

junaid333 wrote:Hi,
I am asking on behalf of my friend. That's is his details:
Non eu national married to eu national in May 2011, residency card (EEA2) issued on August 2011 valid till August 2016. He is in full time employment at the moment.

His eu national wife details:
Came to UK in June 2008.
From June 2008 till June 2013 she has been in full time employment and never been out of UK for more than 6 months. So according to 5 years rule I think she was eligible to apply for her permanent residence (EEA3) but she did not apply so far.
From sep 2013 till current she is in full time education but did not buy comprehensive health insurance because they didn't know it.
Because of relationship problems, they have filled for divorce in November 2014.

My questions are:
Can my non eu national friend apply for his retain right of residence???
Will this not buy health insurance affect on my friend application???

Thanks.

If your friend can produce 5 years treaty rights with ROR application then there is no need for csi.

junaid333
Newly Registered

Post by junaid333 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:25 am

thank you very much.
My friend wife will provide him with all the documents which proves her treaty rights for 5 years.
just one clarification, when my friend will apply for his ROR,
Should he provide her wife treaty documents (student status) from the time of divorce til finalised?

OR
just provide her treaty documents for 5 years as well as proof they were living together in uk?

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:07 am

junaid333 wrote:thank you very much.
My friend wife will provide him with all the documents which proves her treaty rights for 5 years.
Should he provide her wife treaty documents (student status) from the time of divorce til finalised?

OR
just provide her treaty documents for 5 years as well as proof they were living together in uk?

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:08 am

junaid333 wrote:thank you very much.

OR

Two options,firstly it is more safe to apply PR for EEA national first and just attach PR with ROR application.
OR
he can attach five years treaty rights and proof of residency with ROR application.
After all above no need to submit current student treaty rights.