ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Yrs ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Client
Newly Registered

10 Yrs ILR

Post by Client » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:07 am

AS I mentioned before I am planning to apply ILR soon but still confused because of the different dates.

As I come from Ireland (Dublin) as a student on 24 sep 97 but no stamped at airport so I sent application to the HO for endoresment and they received on 17 Oct 97 as their computer showing and I got endoresment on 26 Jan 98. Also they can not find one endoresment in their system between 1998 and 1999 but my passport got proper endorement and I beleive that, I went to HO myself and got visa same day.

My questions are:

1-Can I apply ILR now as I come in the UK on 24 sep 1997 (Evidence uni letter and receipts on 25 sep 1997)?

or

2-Can I apply ILR according to my first application received on 17 Oct 1997 by HO.

or

3- Can I apply ILR on the basis of my first endorement granted on 26 Jan 1998?

Kind regards,

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:42 pm

Possibly. There is no easy answer to this. But whenever you do apply, prepare all your arguments, supply lots of evidence, and apply by post, not in person.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Client
Newly Registered

ILR 10 YRS

Post by Client » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:01 pm

Ok but which date should be fine for apply?

Thanks

jes2jes

Re: 10 Yrs ILR

Post by jes2jes » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:46 pm

Client wrote:AS I mentioned before I am planning to apply ILR soon but still confused because of the different dates.

As I come from Ireland (Dublin) as a student on 24 sep 97 but no stamped at airport so I sent application to the HO for endoresment and they received on 17 Oct 97 as their computer showing and I got endoresment on 26 Jan 98. Also they can not find one endoresment in their system between 1998 and 1999 but my passport got proper endorement and I beleive that, I went to HO myself and got visa same day.

My questions are:

1-Can I apply ILR now as I come in the UK on 24 sep 1997 (Evidence uni letter and receipts on 25 sep 1997)?

or

2-Can I apply ILR according to my first application received on 17 Oct 1997 by HO.

or

3- Can I apply ILR on the basis of my first endorement granted on 26 Jan 1998?

Kind regards,
Victoria has given you all the advise you need but I will reiterate based on your numbering system.

1. Yes but as Vic (Am I allowed to call you that? :roll: ) you need a lot of evidence. Not just university receipt and offer letter but anything to show you were physically here. Do you have your registration letters to show the date you registered? Any GP Registrations, any letters from the said date? A bank statement can also prove, i.e. the date of the account opening, tenancy agreement etc. The list is endless if you can prove that. Just came to mind, do you have a copy of the airline ticket from Ireland to the UK (Sorry but I do keep a copy of all my travel tickets so this may apply to only me :oops: )?

2. I do not know that for sure but your call and if you have the royal mail receipts and orginal HO acknowledgment letters you could also go down that route, and also if you have you SAR file and can copy that page from their systems then fair enough.

3. I guess the best of all your options would be this since all your stamps would be there and it would be a straight forward case (assuming no breaches or no gaps etc) and would make it easier for the CW.

If using the options 1 and 2, please write a detailed covering letter as advise by Victoria and apply by post. I guess option 3 you can attend the PEO assuming all things are fine.

All the best. :D
Praise The Lord!!!!

Client
Newly Registered

Post by Client » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:58 pm

Thank you for your suggesations.

well in order to my passport there is no visa gap at all and of course HO received my first application on 17 Oct 97 mean they know I am physically in the UK so I am thinking to apply in order to my first application received date.

Can I apply 28 days before mean 19 or 20 Sep 07?

Thank you