ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what is the processing times for the DL form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Malek2011
Newly Registered

Re: what is the processing times for the DL form

Post by Malek2011 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:35 pm

Hi all,

I thought I might as well add my timeline.
//
Applied for an extension via DL form (Free of charge) on the 18/04/2014
Got a conformation letter about 4 weeks after.
Still waiting for a decision.

Malek

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:16 pm

africangirl I hope next week i'm hearing good news from you :D :D :D

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:23 am

Odat thanks i hope so too and i wish you the best , i think most of the people here waiting for their extension will get an indefinite fingers crossed before christmas :D

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:54 pm

Hi Guys

Any news yet have you received any reply from the H/O i am still waiting fingers crossed its December now.

please guys just update us on whatever you heard me i am losing the plot now someone just applied for extension same situation as me 3 weeks ago and he aldy got a reply from H/O that he should go for his biometrics.

does it mean i have a bad luck or what?

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:58 pm

Hi

I am so angry with home office i just phoned them now and they told me i should expect my papers by Sept 2015 there is nothing they can do they have a back log , right now i am in suicide mood i don't know what i have done wrong seriously how can i wait for 2yrs just for visa extension.

anyone tried to call H/O and what reply did you get from them.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:33 pm

africangirl wrote:Hi

I am so angry with home office i just phoned them now and they told me i should expect my papers by Sept 2015 there is nothing they can do they have a back log , right now i am in suicide mood i don't know what i have done wrong seriously how can i wait for 2yrs just for visa extension.

what number you call ?
well I haven't received anything yet and since I received the letter from my MP I haven't try to contact them again im waiting till January

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:06 am

Hi

I phoned this number 01512134288 please can someone call them and see if they get the same reply as mine.

thanks people

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:26 pm

I phoned this number 01512134288 please can someone call them and see if they get the same reply as mine.

thanks people
from where u get that number ? its for people who submit application before march 2007

well I just phone the number 0300 123 2241 and they told me still process and continue to wait

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:16 am

@Odat just call the number they will tell you exactly when they will process your application i think those people you cald they just give the same answer to every1 for the past year that your application is still in process.

those people i phoned are the same people who replied my MP and even told me that we have already told you that your application is going to be processed by Sept 2015.

but all along i used to call the number you phoned and they tell me that your application is still incomplete will process it .

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:19 am

You haven't answer my question from where u get this number?
It's on the letter u received from ur mp?

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:41 am

Finally got through on the number. They said about the letter I got in may saying it would take up to 12 months so if I still haven't heard by May to phone and they will chase it up. But she did say it may not take that long.

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:56 am

Hi Odat

so these people are now going on about the dates using the date you sent a letter to them through the MP what about the date we sent the application forms. So for those people who never approached their MPs how are they going to reply them using which date their application date or just any day they will be able to process the application . So i wish if i have seen my MP early than september that will be an advantage for me.

i hate H/O so much wish if another party win in the coming general election at least they will process our application soon its better to get a no so you can appeal than just wait for 2 yrs just for a renewal time is moving and we do have a life.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:46 pm

africangirl wrote:Hi Odat

so these people are now going on about the dates using the date you sent a letter to them through the MP what about the date we sent the application forms. So for those people who never approached their MPs how are they going to reply them using which date their application date or just any day they will be able to process the application . So i wish if i have seen my MP early than september that will be an advantage for me.

i hate H/O so much wish if another party win in the coming general election at least they will process our application soon its better to get a no so you can appeal than just wait for 2 yrs just for a renewal time is moving and we do have a life.

its just to cover them self if there is Dallas so that people who never approached their MPs and for some reason there Delays no one can Question them because they haven't promise to review there cases within 12 month

so we are in the save side but the woman I speak to she told me they will make the Decision before may 2015

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:41 pm

The UKVIS is inconsistent in dealing with applications for discretionary leave. A friend of mine applied for visa renewal three months ago and got a response yesterday. I on the other hand has been waiting since February 2014. Their approach does not make sense and appears to be a case of hit and miss,

ArtMag
Newly Registered

Post by ArtMag » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:50 pm

Cant believe they said that after telling us December 2014.
Ever since i made the application for an extension, september 2013, my life has all turned for the worse, I have lost everything! i wrote and told them as much and I was told that all cases will be concluded by december 2014 except those cases where they decide it will not be appropriate to grant leave.
Suicide mood would be soft for me if i get such a response, cant take it any more!
Attachments
immi.jpeg
immi.jpeg (216.44 KiB) Viewed 4240 times

ArtMag
Newly Registered

Post by ArtMag » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:02 pm

sorry i have failed to do the attachment, but the letter reads;

OLCU aims to review all remaining cases by December 2014.
These cases are by their nature old and complex and there will be cases where OLCU completes a case review and decides that it is not appropriate to grant leave. In such cases we may not be able to fully conclude the case within the time frame stated above. In the main this will be due to difficulties enforcing return to certain countries.
We will progress such cases as far as possible and will promote voluntary return, we will not grant leave simply because we cannot remove an individual from the UK...............

ArtMag
Newly Registered

Post by ArtMag » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:06 pm

to me the above grounds sound very weak and ought to be challenged.

My interpretaion is, If they decide against you, instead of telling you why in order for you to appeal or do something.....they just sit on your application(life) and let time just pass!

Whatever back log they have, more than 12 months is just murdering someone!

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:20 pm

ArtMag wrote:sorry i have failed to do the attachment, but the letter reads;

These cases are by their nature old and complex and there will be cases where OLCU completes a case review and decides that it is not appropriate to grant leave. In such cases we may not be able to fully conclude the case within the time frame stated above. In the main this will be due to difficulties enforcing return to certain countries.
We will progress such cases as far as possible and will promote voluntary return, we will not grant leave simply because we cannot remove an individual from the UK...............
ICD 1100 ITS refuse

Refusing a transfer of conditions
You must refuse a transfer of conditions application if the applicant:
 has not given enough evidence of their existing leave
 submitted false documentation
 does not have any existing leave to transfer.
You must send the applicant an ICD.1100 letter (on document generator on CID) to tell them they have been refused. You must explain the reasons the application falls for refusal and that there is no statutory right of appeal against your decision. This is because the refusal of a transfer of conditions application is not an immigration decision according to section 82(2) of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002, which sets out appeal rights.

can you please share your original story

ArtMag
Newly Registered

Post by ArtMag » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:49 pm

odat wrote:

ICD 1100 ITS refuse

You must send the applicant an ICD.1100 letter (on document generator on CID) to tell them they have been refused. You must explain the reasons the application falls for refusal and that there is no statutory right of appeal against your decision. This is because the refusal of a transfer of conditions application is not an immigration decision according to section 82(2) of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002, which sets out appeal rights.

hi Odat
Please explain what you posted above... did not understand!

my story;

was denied asylum but was given DLR because of my british child

made extension application sept2013

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:24 pm

ArtMag wrote:
odat wrote:

ICD 1100 ITS refuse

hi Odat
Please explain what you posted above... did not understand!

my story;

was denied asylum but was given DLR because of my british child

made extension application sept2013
have you send them evidence you still in contact with your child ?
because you letter status ICD.1100
for explain about what is ICD.1100 mean download the link
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 0.0EXT.pdf

page number 12

Ebosiam

Post by Ebosiam » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:02 pm

Hi guys

I have called the H/O today to ask about update on my case they have sent me letter in October saying they will consider my case by the end of December but today they told me different story they said it may take longer then that i am absolutely furious now stupid ignoring people.

I have been doing some browsing online and i have find some think i dont understand on gov.uk web site

 Anyone granted DL prior to 2
nd September 2011 to whom the policy on Restricted Leave
applies and who continues to be excluded from Asylum, Humanitarian Protection and DL
should be considered under the policy guidance on Restricted Leave and must not be
granted further DL.

can some one tell me what that mean please.

here is the link

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... yleave.pdf

thanks guys

all the best

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:08 pm

i can't believe that one year passed where we still waiting for the Decision that unbelievable !!!! :?:

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:46 am

Hi All

Any news anyone i am now tired of waiting and i am thinking by October 2015 it will be nearly 2 yrs of waiting for just an extension.

Is it time to give up or continue to live in hope.

Please anyone who receive any letter please share with us it might lift up our spirits :mrgreen:

Wish you all the best

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:26 am

nothing yet still waiting

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:25 pm

I wrote to the UKVI on the 9th of January 2015 regarding my outstanding application. Within three days there was a terse response. "Thank you for your letter concerning your immigration matters. While we understand your concern for a swift decision, this has not been possible due the sheer volume of cases OLCU has to deal with. Unfortunately we are unable to give any timescales for when a decision will be made on your outstanding application for further leave. We request you do not send further information to this office again, unless we request further information from you or you change address. However, if your circumstances do change or to change any of your details you can contact OLCU on 01512134288."

I had also contacted my local MP who wrote to me. The letter read "A member of my staff spoke today with an official at UKVI on your behalf. The official explained that UKVI wrote to you to confirm they cannot expedite your case. Each application is dealt in the order it is submitted to them. Your case is currently awaiting to be allocated a caseworker within the Old Live Casework Unit. Applications for settlement have no timescale for completion, so the official was unable to indicate when a determination is likely to be made."

There is the official position for all outstanding applications. I have been waiting for a year now and the UKVI appears to have no accountability in terms of how fast they process applications. However, I know of some individuals who applied for extension in November 2014 and got responses within six weeks. I think it is a matter of luck.