ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spousal Visa: existing debt + use of banks overdraft

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Muchan02
Newly Registered

UK Spousal Visa: existing debt + use of banks overdraft

Post by Muchan02 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:04 pm

I meet the financial requirement as my salary is £22,500 before tax and have been in my job for 11 months.
In the last 9 months of my job, I have been using my banks overdraft facility of £2,000 and this is clearly evident in the first 4 bank statements I will be submitting. My concern is, would the Home office question if I am able to support my wife if they see that I was in the red and overdrawn for so many months? We’ll submit our application on the 19th Dec, and in November 2014 bank statement I only have £250ish in my bank account.
Also, do we have to provide evidence of existing credit cards debt? I have £50 debited every month to pay off a credit card.
We will be submitting on the basis of category A only (Income from salaried or non-salaried employment of the partner).

My question is, has anyone been rejected for having debt although they earn above the financial requirement?
Last question – Do we need to provide a letter of employment stating how long I have worked for a company and confirming my income? In lieu of this, I will enclose my employment contract, as well as a letter from HR confirming the authenticity of my payslips(payslips are generated by a different company)
Please provide as much details in relations to your case. I would prefer if respondents would refrain from sharing their opinion if it is not based a home office decision.

Rayking

Re: UK Spousal Visa: existing debt + use of banks overdraft

Post by Rayking » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:51 pm

Well,I applied with overdraft on my bank statements and was granted.
The letter is so important that not providing it can result in refusal.
The letter needs to state
Your employment
Your start date
Your income in the last 6 months and your annual income base on that.
And if it's full time,permanent ,agency or whatever it is.
Did you see where your credit stuff is required in the requirements you checked? What you spend your money on isn't an issue, but to present statement and payslips showing your income,and income on payslips being the same with your statement.

Muchan02
Newly Registered

Post by Muchan02 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:18 pm

Rayking,

Many thanks for sharing your experience with me and your advice on this matter. I will definitely request my HR department a letter confirming my salary, when i joined etc. Thanks for flagging this.

I didn't understand what you mean by "Did you see where your credit stuff is required in the requirements you checked?"
My payslips match my bank statements.

Can you please tell me more about how many months were you overdrawn? By how much?

Did you include a budget statement that including your monthly outgoings and income?

Kind Regards,

MS

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:12 pm

If you haven't read the financial requirement, you need to do that first. Credit card or debt has nothing to do with financial requirements.
You're required to earn 18600 or more if you've got kids coming with your spouse.
You don't really need to know how much overdrawn I was,read the financial requirement and then ask what's not clear to you.
Keep it simple by supply what they need or ask you,how you spend your income isn't their cup of tea.