ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to start to work with new employer after HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmporwp

When to start to work with new employer after HSMP

Post by hsmporwp » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:58 pm

If you are a work permit holder and receive your HSMP acceptance I wonder whether you need to wait to renew your visa before you can start to work for a new employer or you can change employer with the current LTR visa and do the new visa application within the next 6 months?

secondly if you are on the 4th year of work permit; and get the HSMP approval will they issue a 2 year HSMP visa initially and cancel your 5 year wp visa?

Thanks for your answers.

kck9
BANNED

Re: When to start to work with new employer after HSMP

Post by kck9 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:56 pm

hsmporwp wrote:If you are a work permit holder and receive your HSMP acceptance I wonder whether you need to wait to renew your visa before you can start to work for a new employer or you can change employer with the current LTR visa and do the new visa application within the next 6 months?
Once you get HSMP and if you are on any working status LTR you can start working for any employer as far as you can do the new LTR application within the 6 months of the HSMP approval. But remember that you have to be in working status (eg-Student visa holders are not on fulltime working status) on you previous LTR.
secondly if you are on the 4th year of work permit; and get the HSMP approval will they issue a 2 year HSMP visa initially and cancel your 5 year wp visa?
Yes they will issue 2 years HSMP visa. Once there is a new LTR accepted automatically the old status is invalid. In your case as you are on 4th year and expecting to get 2year stamping with HSMP, once you finish the 5 year period, you can directly for ILR.

Good luck

chicku

Post by chicku » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:05 pm

kck9 wrote:
hsmporwp wrote:If you are a work permit holder and receive your HSMP acceptance I wonder whether you need to wait to renew your visa before you can start to work for a new employer or you can change employer with the current LTR visa and do the new visa application within the next 6 months?
Once you get HSMP and if you are on any working status LTR you can start working for any employer as far as you can do the new LTR application within the 6 months of the HSMP approval. But remember that you have to be in working status (eg-Student visa holders are not on fulltime working status) on you previous LTR.
Yes they will issue 2 years HSMP visa. Once there is a new LTR accepted automatically the old status is invalid. In your case as you are on 4th year and expecting to get 2year stamping with HSMP, once you finish the 5 year period, you can directly for ILR.

Good luck

So if my WP is valid till next one year and I am able to get HSMP while I am in UK on that WP, then I can change job without waiting for next stage of approval ( EC,FLR,LTR etc ) ?

hsmporwp

Post by hsmporwp » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:26 am

i called home office advice line and interestingly they suggested that unless the new visa is issued for HSMP, the person must not take up new employment with his current LTR for WP... I know sometimes their advice is not up to date but is there any information we can confirm your suggestion?

Thanks for your answers...

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:58 am

hsmporwp wrote:

i called home office advice line and interestingly they suggested that unless the new visa is issued for HSMP, the person must not take up new employment with his current LTR for WP... I know sometimes their advice is not up to date but is there any information we can confirm your suggestion?

Thanks for your answers...
Technically you cannot work for another employer while you are STILL on your WP with your current employer.

If you apply for FLR based on your HSMP approval then you can work for the another employer while your FLR application is being processed.

hsmporwp

Post by hsmporwp » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:47 am

Technically you cannot work for another employer while you are STILL on your WP with your current employer.

If you apply for FLR based on your HSMP approval then you can work for the another employer while your FLR application is being processed.
Well the smartest thing seems like applying to FLR straight away after HSMP approval as noone will give a job to someone without a passport and visa...

Thanks for your answers guys...

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:55 am

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the comments. FLR(HSMP) guidance notes says
17. You will be unable to start work until your FLR(HSMP) application has been approved, unless you already have leave to enter or leave to remain in another immigration category that allows you to continue or commence full time work.

18. If you are in any doubt, you should phone the Immigration and Nationality Enquiry Bureau on 0870 606 7766 or visit our website at www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk before taking up employment.
I think it is cleared now....