ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa processing not started..panicked please help :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goldencreeper

Visa processing not started..panicked please help :(

Post by goldencreeper » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:32 am

Hello all,

My husband has applied for his Spouse Visa (Settlement Husband) on 3rd November in Hyderabad. It’s been 6 weeks, but until now there is no updates regarding his application. I emailed them last week and they said it’s not yet be processed by an Entry clearance officer.

Has any been in a similar situation where they have not start processing the application after 6 weeks?

I am worried that they might have lost the application. :(

Please help what should I do? IS there a way to directly go to the Chennai high commission and do some queries?

Thanks

WR1

Re: Visa processing not started..panicked please help :(

Post by WR1 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:27 pm

You will need to have patience. 6 weeks of waiting time is nothing for a spouse visa.

Standard time is usually around 3 months and some people can easily be waiting around 6-12 months before they hear anything. Processing times will vary depending on demand.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

goldencreeper

Re: Visa processing not started..panicked please help :(

Post by goldencreeper » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:49 pm

Thanks for your reply.