ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependants of a person applying ILR (LR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

searoze

Dependants of a person applying ILR (LR)

Post by searoze » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:16 pm

Hi Everyone
1st of all I would like to appreciate all who spare their precious time to help others through this forum. I also acknowledge that this forum helped me lot to get at the stage “I am going to apply for ILR”

I came into this country on 3rd March 2005 and residing here legally (student visa, PSW, Tier 4 general) till now. My current status is Tier 4 general student valid till Aug 2015. I’ll be eligible to apply for ILR (LR) on 6th Feb 2015 (28 days prior).
Here my current situation is:
I have my wife and 2 kids as my dependants. (Tier 4 general PBS dependants).
My wife and one overseas born son (aged 11now, was 2 when came to UK) joined me in the UK in May 2006 and living with me till now.
My younger son was born in UK in March 2008 (aged 7 now).
Both kids are school going, elder is in year 6 and younger one is in year 2.
Am going to apply for ILR(LR) in the 1st week of Feb2015. As I am on Tier 4 General visa and not allowed to work so £18600 is out of question.
Younger son whos British born will qualify for British citizenship once I have obtained my ILR.
My question is

Under what category should I apply for my wife and elder son? They will be completing their 10 yrs in May 2016.
Although they have Tier 4 dependant visa till Aug 2015 but most likely I'll get a 60 days letter of curtailment in the near future because my college license has been revoked.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated
Best Regards
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong

Obie
Ireland

Re: Dependants of a person applying ILR (LR)

Post by Obie » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:40 pm

Wife may qualify for FLR(FP) under the immigration rules.

If ILR is successful, you can register children.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

searoze

Re: Dependants of a person applying ILR (LR)

Post by searoze » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:52 pm

Thanks for reply Obie

What route of FLR(FP) I'll apply for ?

Both children can be register as national or just the british born ?
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong