ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gap in Continuous 10 year plus that gap is without visa.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

haider.syed

Gap in Continuous 10 year plus that gap is without visa.

Post by haider.syed » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:30 pm

I entered UK first time on Feb 2006, finished my studies roughly in Feb - March 2009 and I have been told by my institute that I will get my result and other documents soon to apply for PSW as my student visa was finishing on 30th April.

Now, on 15th March I got news that my mother wasn't feeling well and was hospitalised and she was very critical due to her high blood pressure and diabetes. Doctors said maybe she won’t be able to make it, after getting this message, I didn't think of anything else and booked a return ticket to Kuwait. Now I started trying to apply for visa or get someone to help me but nothing happened and because of my mother’s situation I was just not able to decide what to do and left UK on 30th April 2009, with no visa obviously.

Time Line:
February 2006 came to UK.
April 2009 Went back to Kuwait.
July 2009 Went to Pakistan.
December2009 - January 2010 (In this gap, I started figuring out my things, and as I left without telling my institute of study, I had to struggle to get my result and degree, I received my degree in December or January 2010, then it took me 4 months to complete my bank statement, as my family was in Kuwait and I used my savings for travelling and other expenses.....so had to do my statement for funds from scratch)
Sep 2010 Came back to UK.
Mar 2012 Went back home to switch visa to dependant.
April 2012 Came back to UK.
(Since then in UK)

This time line is exact and no visits outside UK other than these mentioned above.
DO I STAND ANY SINGLE CHANCE?
Thanks
Last edited by haider.syed on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: Gap in Continuous 10 year plus that gap is without visa.

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:38 pm

I think you can't eligible for 10 year. wait for coments from senior members. I think you need provide your visa start date and end date and also another table to provide when u left country and when u came back, This will give users more info.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:47 pm

You have broken your continuous stay as you were absent from the UK for more than 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:28 pm

You were outside the UK from July 2009 to September 2010? If so you have clearly reset your UK immigration clock, to September 2010.
Mar 2012 Went back home to switch visa to dependant.
Dependant? So exactly what visa have you got now?
John