ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation application- 9months still no news

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

papuqe
Newly Registered

naturalisation application- 9months still no news

Post by papuqe » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:32 pm

hi,
your thoughts appreciated.
i have applied for naturalisation over 9 months ago and still no news. application checked and submitted via my local council office. money taken next day. basis of my application: HSMP + Tier 1 + ILR
contacted HO few times, they said "its in process and we will escalate it"
went to my MP who said will write to them ,,,, still nothing is working.
any advice ? ... will it help if i write a letter ? (i sent an e-mail but got generic automated reply)

thanks
p

stokbrig

Re: naturalisation application- 9months still no news

Post by stokbrig » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:27 pm

You have been waiting such long time for a straightforward case ? how complex is your case? which nationality? please provide further details.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:51 pm

papuqe wrote:hi,
your thoughts appreciated.
i have applied for naturalisation over 9 months ago and still no news. application checked and submitted via my local council office. money taken next day. basis of my application: HSMP + Tier 1 + ILR
contacted HO few times, they said "its in process and we will escalate it"
went to my MP who said will write to them ,,,, still nothing is working.
any advice ? ... will it help if i write a letter ? (i sent an e-mail but got generic automated reply)

thanks
p
You can make an official complaint as lst resort but you really need to be good if you want to get a good reply. If you are not good, get someone else write it for you. I would mention each and every failing of HO.

papuqe
Newly Registered

Post by papuqe » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:56 pm

nothings complex about the case.
from former Yugoslavia, worked in high paid job continuously, study and professional qualification from UK university , almost max points on test, only been out of uk max 2 weeks a year on holidays around europe.
what else to say... i guess must be my luck ... if someone was dealing with my case, it would have been either refused or they would have requested more information.

not sure making and official complaint would be a good idea. for now i can only sit and wait.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:09 am

You have paid for a service which has SLA of 6 months so you have every right to make an official complaint.
or you can just sit and wait :-)