ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Dependant visa from Pakistan

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alisat09
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Dependant visa from Pakistan

Post by alisat09 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi all,

I am on a TIer 2 General Visa till April 2016. I have recently got married in Pakistan and wanted to apply a dependant visa for my wife. I know that we make application online now from visa4uk website however I am confused in the selection of the visa category on the first page itslef.
When shes on the first page of the application and enter her details it asks for Visa type there are three drop down menu
1)Reason for Visit

2)Visa Type

3)Visa Sub Type

Now my self and my wife are not sure which category to select as we can NOT find any category for dependants? can any one please help urgently? Can any one please reply who has recently made an application online for Tier 2 general dependant category?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 General Dependant visa from Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:17 pm

work
tier 2
tier 2 dependent

Usmanm501
Newly Registered

Post by Usmanm501 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:18 pm

That is right.

alisat09
Newly Registered

Post by alisat09 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:06 am

Thanks guys.
Although it still doesnt make sense to me why my dependant has to select WORK in the Reason to visit drop down menu. But thats how it should be I guess

alisat09
Newly Registered

Post by alisat09 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:19 pm

Guys thanks for the help above. My wife has made a start in filling out the application form online Can you also please help me with following query regarding the application she has?

The third section of the application form is about the Family Details of the applicant(my wife) and there are three part to it. one is about the Spouse, second about the Parents and third about her children. Now my understanding is that in this section my wife will be obivously putting my details and her parents details and children details.

but then later on in the application in the 6th section it is titled as "About the Main Applicant" which we are confused about. From the name of the section it seems like my wife's details should be inserted as she is the main applicant. However judging from thequestions it seems like again my details will be inserted as the sections asks about the COS number, job details etc.

Now to cut the story short my main query here is since I am not the main applicant here and I have already got a tier 2 visa why my wife has to provide all of my details in this section which is titled as "About the Main Applicant" ?

I hope it make sense what I am asking please if anybody can reply urgently or even contact me on 07757610377 it will be much appreciated.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:59 pm

you (the tier 2 visa holder) are the main applicant.